Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2013, 08:33 AM   #1
JessiMommy
DIS Veteran

Your opinions on which moderate and why :)

Would love your opinions on which moderate you prefer and why. We.. (me 42, DH 42, DD 13) are headed back in mid September this year. We've stayed at CSR and POR in the moderate category. We LOVE POR and are not opposed to going back but I kinda have a bucket list thing going on... I'd like to eventually say I've stayed everywhere on property. On this trip we will be at WDW for a week. We plan to visit the parks every day but 1. On our rest day we plan to spend most of the day at the pool. We will probably utilize the pool most afternoons. We like the food court at POR a lot and are looking for something similar. I've looked at pictures of CBR and some elements are interesting to me but the themeing is so similar to what we see a lot at home. (We are from South FL) We did stay at CSR but it was 9 years ago and it was a quick 2 night stay that we don't ever remember. So... we were wondering which moderate is your favorite and why? Hopefully you all can help us decide. Thanks!!!

Oh and I forgot to mention... bus service is not make or break for us. We usually don't even use it.

Most recent visits...
AKL ~ September 14-21, 2013
AoA ~ January 27-February 3, 2013
POR ~ November 10-17, 2012

Last edited by JessiMommy; 03-10-2013 at 10:10 AM.
JessiMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:34 AM   #2
jtwibih
Mouseketeer

I have always liked POFQ. Maybe because it was the first resort on Disney property that I stayed in. I think the grounds are very nice and the theme is great. Like POR, I love the little river running behind the resort as well. I think most of all though, I like the size. One bus stop and usually first to pick up and drop off vs. POR (at least that's the way it seemed years ago when we visited). The rooms are not bad but I think the grounds make the resort my favorite moderate.

Past: Apr 2014 - DCL; Nov 2013 - BWV/AKV; Apr 2013 - DLH; Nov 2012 - AKV; Nov 2011 - WL; Nov 2010 - WL; May 2010 - CSR; Jun 2009 - AKL; Apr 2008 - AKL/WL; Jul 2007 - SS; Aug 2006 - POFQ; Aug 2005 - POFQ; Aug 2004 - offsite
jtwibih is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-10-2013, 09:53 AM   #3
badgirlgiz
Earning My Ears

Por

I love to stay at POR the resort is one of the most peaceful even at holiday time when the resort is 99 % full you won't notice till breakfast time in the AM. S0 to solve the problem of staying somewhere new we spend 2-3 days at a new resort each trip and the rest of our vacation we go back to POR. This way we can try a new resort each time.
badgirlgiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:50 AM   #4
Sue M
DIS Veteran

POR is our fav, mansion section, but we stayed at POFQ in Jan, and it's a close 2nd.
I can see what you mean about CBR, the landscaping is beautiful, but the buildings look like Florida condos . We did enjoy our 10 day stay there though. We were in Jamacia. However they are the only moderate without Queen beds. If my husband came with, there's no way I'd stay with double beds.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:37 PM   #5
JessiMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
POR is our fav, mansion section, but we stayed at POFQ in Jan, and it's a close 2nd.
I can see what you mean about CBR, the landscaping is beautiful, but the buildings look like Florida condos . We did enjoy our 10 day stay there though. We were in Jamacia. However they are the only moderate without Queen beds. If my husband came with, there's no way I'd stay with double beds.
Interesting... I did not know that about the double beds. Something else to consider...

Most recent visits...
Old 03-10-2013, 03:40 PM   #6
JessiMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgirlgiz View Post
I love to stay at POR the resort is one of the most peaceful even at holiday time when the resort is 99 % full you won't notice till breakfast time in the AM. S0 to solve the problem of staying somewhere new we spend 2-3 days at a new resort each trip and the rest of our vacation we go back to POR. This way we can try a new resort each time.
Hmmm... hadn't thought of a split stay... Perhaps that's my answer. Now DH is saying he'd like to see what FL resident or passholder rates come available for AKL. I'm so confused, LOL!

Most recent visits...
Old 03-10-2013, 09:22 PM   #7
DondzilaFamily
Earning My Ears

We've stayed in POR and this last trip CBR. I'm from Indiana so I welcome the beachy tropical theme. That was our favorite Mod so far. I would stay at POR again but if I had to choose I'd pick CBR. My daughter is 11 and loves the whole pirate/port royal theme. All 3 of us agree that if we stay in a Mod. again it would be CBR. We asked for an upgrade at check in and they upgraded us to a preferred room that was within walking distance (less than a 5 min walk) to the custom house. Always ask for the upgrade, in the past we never did and they didn't offer. My travel agent told us about it and the first time we asked we were staying at Polynesian and they upgraded us to conceirge level for free! It's worth asking!
Disney World Trips: Port Orleans Riverside (Alligator Bayou) July 2007 ~ Polynesian October 2008 ~ Port Orleans Riverside (Magnolia Bend) September 2009 ~ Polynesian June 2011 ~ Caribbean Beach Resort September 2012

DondzilaFamily is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: