Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2013, 12:43 AM   #16
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

We just stayed at CSR 2/21-2/ 28 in Casitas and the bus service was great. We have a rental car so we drive quite a bit, but this trip we used the buses a lot more because they were so good. We had just as good service if not better than WL which was awesome. We took the bus to MK and epcot and never had to wait either way more than 5 minutes.

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:44 AM   #17
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katlyn
If I was at Disney during Spring Break, I would expect long waits for a bus anywhere I stayed.
Agreed! Also we had horrible buses at the Poly. Worst buses ever!

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-31-2013, 08:27 PM   #18
Radiorox
Live from the city of Magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bus36 View Post
The bus service may feel like a different experience depending on what stop you use at the resort. We were there in November at CSR. We stayed in the Casitsas section. We were the first stop once the buses entered the resort. I think it was stop #4. Pros: We got a seat all of the time going to the parks ..Con: We had to make the loop around CSR to the other 3 stops before heading to the parks.... this added 10 min to every trip.=
I was there in Feb during the "slow season." And experienced just what Bus36 wrote. Timing has a lot to due with the buses and if you are a Rope Drop person. I too was at the Casitas section and though I would love to stay at Cabanas, the one day I had to hopped on the bus 15 mins to RD to MK and went around to the El Centro/Cabanas bus stop, the bus was packed and seats were taken. Other times it was EMPTY. For instance, one afternoon to either HS or Epcot I was the only one on the bus and had a grand time chatting with the driver.

As for the trip to the parks, eh... MK is still a loooong ride. AK, Epcot and HS are the closest. In fact, from a section of CSR you can see the top half of either the Swan or the Dolphin (always forget which is on what side LOL!). And you have Blizzard beach down the "block."

Jackie
Radiorox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:23 PM   #19
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

We've stayed at CSR several times and most of the time, the bus service has been very good. There's usually one time per trip where we get to the stop and we have to wait longer than average, but most of the time we're boarding a bus within 5-10 minutes.

As some others noted, the buses to DTD do tend to take longer for some reason, so we usually drive ourselves.

Coming up: Long weekend at CSR for Veterans' Day

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Claire&TheBoys is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: