Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2014, 01:45 PM   #46
ag98
Mouseketeer

Thanks!

Universal & French Quarter December 2014
Pop Century & Disney Dream 4 nights March 2014Universal & French Quarter January 2013 MK/Universal 2 day trip November 2011 Caribbean Beach December 2010 Beach Club Villas December 2008 All Stars December 2003 MK/Universal 1 day trips January 2001 & 2002
ag98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:09 PM   #47
StephandDick
Mouseketeer

Congrats on your new addition and thanks for a great report!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2014, 02:09 PM   #48
txnmom
Earning My Ears

I loved reading about your trip! And I was excited to see that your daughter kept requesting the kids club. We want to have whatever vacation the kids want, but I wouldn't mind if they gave us a little bit of grown up time!
txnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 03:07 PM   #49
nkochrn
Mouseketeer

Thought I should post a link to the rest of my cruise pictures!

https://kochtravels.shutterfly.com/pictures/1140
nkochrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 12:39 AM   #50
katiefried
Earning My Ears

Thank you for the trip report it's been very informative! Congrats on the new baby! I have a couple questions since we'll be sailing a couple months after my DS turns 3. I saw your DS wasn't potty trained and mine probably won't be either. Just curious how he handled not being able to swim in the pool? Did he even notice? I've been told the nemo splash pad is right in front of the pool and while I'm sure my son will love it I'm not sure how he will react seeing the pool if he can't swim in it!

Also, and maybe I read this wrong, you had mentioned your son asking you to come and play with him in the club, and I know you said he immediately then went off on his own, but do they let you stay with the kids in the club if it's not an open house time? Just curious, I'm not sure my son will want to stay there alone.

Thanks!
katiefried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:45 PM   #51
nkochrn
Mouseketeer

katiefried-My DS was not bothered at all about not getting in the pool! He loved the Splash Pad. He wasn't very fond of swimming though. They do not let parents stay with children in the kid's club unless it is open hours or when you go to pick up your kid they let you in to go find them.

I was a little confused about the potty trained thing in the kid's club but I did see where a CM posted recently that a child who is under 3 and allowed in the kid's club due to an exception MUST be potty trained. However if they are over 3 they can still go even if not potty trained, the CM just have to notify the parents when child needs potty assist b/c they are not allowed to help them.
nkochrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:24 PM   #52
katiefried
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkochrn View Post
katiefried-My DS was not bothered at all about not getting in the pool! He loved the Splash Pad. He wasn't very fond of swimming though. They do not let parents stay with children in the kid's club unless it is open hours or when you go to pick up your kid they let you in to go find them. I was a little confused about the potty trained thing in the kid's club but I did see where a CM posted recently that a child who is under 3 and allowed in the kid's club due to an exception MUST be potty trained. However if they are over 3 they can still go even if not potty trained, the CM just have to notify the parents when child needs potty assist b/c they are not allowed to help them.
Thank you!! I'm so glad he enjoyed the splash zone, hopefully my DS won't even notice the pool
katiefried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:08 PM   #53
rmcildw2m
DIS Veteran

Well if you have cruised Disney before than you know 3 days are not enough , But its a good start to going longer next time . Me and dw are doing a 3 day in oct this year so we can sail as gold club members in 2016.Gotta get over that # 5 hump .
Old 01-24-2014, 08:57 PM   #54
lilyheartsdance
Earning My Ears

Such a great TR! Makes me so excited for my trip!
lilyheartsdance is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: