Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2013, 07:50 PM   #16
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I'm surprised they allowed Ryan in the kids club with a diaper on. They are usually pretty strict about that stuff. Maybe since it was evening they were more lax?

We did the dolphin encounter in 2011 and loved it too. Poor Marissa with the legs burning though. I bet it was the salt water.

I wished we saw the dressed up characters. Thats one thing we have missed every single time. They look so cute.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:08 PM   #17
NEmel
Mouseketeer

Thanks for sharing, sounds like you had a great time! I can't wait to hear more!
NEmel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-15-2013, 08:23 AM   #18
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

I love the picture of your family with the dolphin! What a keeper Is that a 31 Gifts wheeled duffel I see in the pre cruise room picture? I have one just like it but haven't had it on a trip yet. Is is holding up ok?
Old 03-15-2013, 08:33 AM   #19
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Great TR! Can't wait to hear more!
Old 03-15-2013, 10:32 PM   #20
nkochrn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I'm surprised they allowed Ryan in the kids club with a diaper on. They are usually pretty strict about that stuff. Maybe since it was evening they were more lax?

We did the dolphin encounter in 2011 and loved it too. Poor Marissa with the legs burning though. I bet it was the salt water.

I wished we saw the dressed up characters. Thats one thing we have missed every single time. They look so cute.
When I registered him I put that he was NOT potty trained and it was marked on his Mickey band. They never said anything about it when we dropped him off, just text us when he needed changed.
nkochrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:37 PM   #21
nkochrn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunzia View Post
I love the picture of your family with the dolphin! What a keeper Is that a 31 Gifts wheeled duffel I see in the pre cruise room picture? I have one just like it but haven't had it on a trip yet. Is is holding up ok?
It sure is the Thirty One Bag! I love it, it's holding up great after being used for 2 different trips in 2 weeks!
Old 03-16-2013, 11:50 AM   #22
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkochrn View Post
When I registered him I put that he was NOT potty trained and it was marked on his Mickey band. They never said anything about it when we dropped him off, just text us when he needed changed.
That is awesome!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:03 AM   #23
nkochrn
Mouseketeer

This morning we slept in and when we turned on our virtual porthole we saw that we were at Castaway Cay! It was 9:15 when Marissa and I got up and ready, then headed to the Aquaduck, where there was only 1 person in line, we got to ride it 5 times!!! Marissa also tried out the Mickey slide and we sat in the pool for awhile. Ryan didn't wake up until around 10:30, then him and Bob came to join us. Bob and Marissa then went on the Aquaduck 2 more times.

It was a little before noon when we got off the ship and took the tram over to the family beach area. We ate lunch here, I thought it was pretty neat to see the "Kansas Corn" in the buffet line, but didn't have my camera with me at the time for a picture!

After lunch we headed down to grab us a couple seats at the beach, we found some right underneath an umbrella. We collected a bunch of sea shells and the kids built a sandcastle.

Ryan may or may not have eaten a little sand?

I had a delicious Bahama Mama!

Marissa and I went to try out the snorkeling, but she was too scared to go out in the water and we gave up on it pretty quickly. We left her prescription goggles there somewhere too! OOPS. We headed back to the family beach to check out pelican plunge, Marissa and I both went down the slide and it was COLD! I went down first, I was a little worried about Marissa being able to swim away from the slide fast enough once she went down, but she did awesome!

We were all ready to head back to the ship by now and it was around 3pm. We saw Stitch by the gangway so stopped for his autograph and some pictures. Stitch stole Ryan's sunglasses! He got them back though.

When we got back on the ship Marissa wanted to go straight to the Aquaduck, so her and Bob did that while Ryan and I went back to the room (Bob later told me that when they went to get in the Donald pool he told Marissa to jump in first, but she made him get in first, he had no idea the pool was over 5 ft deep and was surprised when he jumped in, especially since he'd just told Marissa to jump in!) We got our dry clothes on and Ryan played around in the room until it was time to go see Peter Pan, Bob and Marissa came back in time to go with us, but Marissa wanted to go back to the kids club for story time with one of the princesses, so she skipped Peter Pan.

Bob and I went up to the top deck where there was a pirate party going on, it was pretty chilly and a there was a breeze. There was also NO line for the aquaduck, we debated whether to go for awhile and then headed to our room for our swimwear! We were the only people in line, all 6 times that we went. It was really cold the first time, but after that it wasn't too bad, so we kept going down like a couple of kids. One lady saw us getting out of the slide and asked if we were doing that on a dare! We would have kept going but it's a LONG way up all those stairs! We ended up skipping our dinner in the main dining room and went to pick the kids up around 8:30. We took them up to the pool deck to grab a quick bite to eat and watched a little bit of a movie playing on the funnelvision.

We then headed to meet Tinkerbell in the atrium.

At 10:30 we found a spot on the top deck to watch the fireworks and the pirate performance.

Afterwards, we were trying to hurry down to the movie theater, but the only route to get down was packed with other people trying to go down! We made it to the Buena Vista theater in time to watch Wreck it Ralph in 3D. It wasn't too far into the movie when Ryan and I started falling asleep, so we headed back to the room (we've already seen it). Ryan crawled right up to the top bunk, refusing to snuggle with me (he will NOT fall asleep on his own at home,) he played around for a few minutes and then laid down and went to sleep.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:12 PM   #25
mjw13
Earning My Ears

So sorry for your loss, glad that you were able to reschedule and enjoyed your cruise
mjw13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:35 AM   #26
nkochrn
Mouseketeer

Today was our day at sea so we didn't have any reason to hurry out of bed, but there was a Princess gathering at 9am. I tried to get Marissa up for it, but she opted for sleep instead, she had a late night last night. We all slept in until 10:30 or so, Bob went up to check out the pool deck and grab a plate full of breakfast food off the buffet, when he came back I went up and got some more breakfast. We got ready for the pool and Marissa and Bob headed to the aquaduck again while I took Ryan to splash around in Nemo's Reef.

Bob and Marissa had to wait about 30 minutes in line. It was starting to get pretty windy when they came back and the line wasn't too long for the aquaduck so Marissa and I went on it, while Bob stayed with Ryan. It was COLD when we got off, so we headed towards the Mickey pool where the water was warm, then Marissa decided she wanted to go to the Donald pool for awhile.

We headed back to the room around 1:30 to get ready for the princess greetings. When we got to the lobby Snow White was on the balcony and Belle was in the atrium, so I waited in the shorter line with the kids to see Snow White, while Bob went down to hold our place in line for Belle.

After we saw Snow White we hurried down the stairs to see Belle and Bob went back up to the balcony to save a place in line for us to see Ariel who was coming out any minute.
Ryan had to show off his dance moves.

After we saw Belle we got back in line because Cinderella was coming out next. We saw Cinderella and Ryan showed off his dance moves again, so she told him they should go to a ball some time, Marissa told her that Cinderella was her favorite movie.

We went to see Ariel next and Marissa showed her how she could curtsy. We had managed to get through all those greetings fast! I don't remember why, but Ryan didn't want to see Ariel, I think Bob took him to the kid's club.

Marissa wanted to go to the kids club, as we were walking down the hall Peter Pan came skipping by! He was going into the kid's club for a program with the them, we checked both kids in and then headed to our room for a little bit. Bob and I then went to D Lounge for the 'Anyone Can Cook,' program where we learned to make Lobster Ravioli and got to sample some along with some wine. I wanted to play Bingo this afternoon and Bob wanted to just go back to the room for awhile. I had a little extra time, so I went to the gift shops and picked up a couple things. I got my niece a baby Minnie Mouse, I have no idea if she's been born yet, since we have no way of contacting them while aboard the ship. During Bingo I saw the text on my wave phone that Marissa wanted to be picked up at the kid's club, but Bob had already said he would take care of it if we got a text about either kid. When I got back to the room they were hanging out and watching TV. We got ready to head to tonight's show which was Disney's Believe. It looks like they're a little worn out!

Tonight we got seats toward the front in the center section. Ryan fell asleep in Bob's lap before the show even started, but he did wake up for a little bit of it. I was fascinated by how amazing all the sets and set transitions are so smooth and amazing! I think the Golden Mickey's was my favorite show.

Marissa asked to go back to the kid's club after the show and we had about an hour til dinner so we checked them in. At 8:00 we went to pick them up and Stitch was in the club for a program, Marissa was very adamant that she did not want to leave, so we headed to dinner without her. We knew the program she was watching was over at 8:30, so we ordered her food and then Bob went to get her. He got a text right as he was getting there that she wanted picked up. We were eating in the Enchanted Garden tonight, the water was really rough and it was windy tonight, so we were rocking back and forth quite a bit. Bob was started to feel seasick, so he didn't eat much and him and Ryan left after our main course, while Marissa and I stayed for dessert. I had the prime rib which came with a cheesy baked potato, it was probably the best thing I'd eaten for dinner all week!

Of course Marissa had the Mickey bar for dessert again!

Marissa said she could feel the boat moving, but when I asked if it made her feel sick she said, "no, why would I be sea sick?" It didn't seem to effect Ryan either, good thing because I'm not sure if either of us could've handled one of the kids getting sick since we were both getting queezy. Marissa asked to go to the kid's club AGAIN, so we dropped her off on our way back to the room. Ryan didn't want to go, so I got him bathed and ready for bed and we finished getting our luggage packed and sat outside our room.
Ryan enjoyed watched the classic cartoons on the TV.

Bob picked Marissa up at about 11:00 and she headed straight to the shower when she got to the room. Her and Ryan were arguing about who go to sleep on the top bunk, but she settled for sleeping with Mom and Dad when Ryan refused to give up his bed because she didn't want to sleep with him.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:04 AM   #27
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

The ship was moving around a bit that last night. It wasn't too bad but different that the first three nights.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

declansdad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:53 PM   #28
linetbo
Mouseketeer

Hi, how was the weather?
Old 03-26-2013, 01:45 PM   #29
Mom2Finn
Mouseketeer

Thanks for this we are doing a 4 night in May. I'd love to see your navigators!
Old 03-27-2013, 07:02 AM   #30
kasey1985
Earning My Ears

Great report I am going on the Dream in July and would love to see your navigators!! Thanks
kasey1985 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: