Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2013, 02:02 PM   #1
mommypenguin29
Mouseketeer

Order food or bring own?

So last time we were at Disney for a week and ordered food for the room...drinks, breakfast and snacks...This time we will only be here for 4 nights then doing a 3 night cruise...so my question is should we still order food for the room or should I pack breakfast foods and snacks and buy milk and bottle water and juice at the resort or parks? How much is milk, juice and other drinks?
mommypenguin29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:15 PM   #2
lizabu
DIS Veteran

It depends. Will you use up whatever you plan to buy? I know my family would and if I had to stop for cereal etc I may as well get milk too.
lizabu is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-10-2013, 02:17 PM   #3
mommypenguin29
Mouseketeer

Yes, if I buy...I will get milk, water, juice boxes, orange juice, cereal, fruit, granola bars, some other snacks...

If I bring I will bring cereal, granola bars and other snacks, so would need to get water, milk nd juice at the resorts...trying to figure out the best route to go
Old 03-10-2013, 02:23 PM   #4
lizabu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommypenguin29
Yes, if I buy...I will get milk, water, juice boxes, orange juice, cereal, fruit, granola bars, some other snacks...

If I bring I will bring cereal, granola bars and other snacks, so would need to get water, milk nd juice at the resorts...trying to figure out the best route to go
I would just get everything at the grocery store. It will cost less. Plus you can bring anything left on the cruise. You never know when a child may want a snack. I think you can carry on drinks on the cruise and pack granola bars in your luggage. Maybe someone will want a granola bar or cracker on the way from WDW to the cruise. Plus if you are getting off the boat it might be handy to have a granola bar or fruit leather for a child to nibble on. I know I've heard food in Nassau can be pricy.
Old 03-10-2013, 02:24 PM   #5
glamdring269
Mouseketeer

If you have the option to just bring your own food you should do that every single time.
glamdring269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:52 PM   #6
Annie78
Mouseketeer

Do you have to pay to check bags on your flight? If not, I would just pack an extra bag for food and buy perishables on site, assuming you don't need a ton. That's what I'm doing for a three-day, two-person trip - no way I would reach the Garden Grocer minimum order, and I would rather do my shopping at home and bring the brands I know we like.
Annie78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:25 PM   #7
mommypenguin29
Mouseketeer

On the way down we do have to pay for baggage...but there are 4 of us so we can pack a small suitcase...I wouldn't bring drinks though - does anyone know how muach bottled water, milk and juice are at the resorts?
Old 03-10-2013, 05:39 PM   #8
lizabu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommypenguin29
On the way down we do have to pay for baggage...but there are 4 of us so we can pack a small suitcase...I wouldn't bring drinks though - does anyone know how muach bottled water, milk and juice are at the resorts?
Think convenience store prices. I had to buy a pint of milk at the Dolphin at I think it was around $3. The little grocery at boardwalk was about the same price.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:55 PM   #9
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

Just going to move over to Resorts

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board
20 nights Disney and Universal July 2015
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:19 PM   #10
LisaBi
DIS Veteran

Just remember that you can't bring open food on the ship. An unopened single serve cereal box would be OK, but a half eaten normal size box do cereal would not. A wrapped granola bar would be OK, but not an open package of Oreos.
LisaBi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:19 PM   #11
mommypenguin29
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone...I think I am leaning more towards bring food (cereal, snacks) with us on the plane and just buying milk, juice and drinks at the resort...

I may invest in the Brita water bottles to bring for water as well...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: