Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2013, 10:48 AM   #31
Sunny37
DIS Veteran

Shorter cruise length was what I was thinking too. Oh well, my husband will probable be relieved, since he's the one who usually delivers our FE gifts!

Either way, I am SOOO excited to be sailing with you guys!
Old 04-16-2013, 10:49 AM   #32
Sunny37
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandykaye View Post
We will be sailing this cruise also!! It will be my husband and I and our two daughters!!
Welcome!!
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2013, 06:53 AM   #33
mandykaye
Earning My Ears

This will be our first Disney cruise so we are new to all this, any tips?
mandykaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:49 AM   #34
Sunny37
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandykaye View Post
This will be our first Disney cruise so we are new to all this, any tips?
Welcome!
I'm not great with tips, but I found this great list:

Port Canaveral

Do online check-in prior to embarkation day. Fill in the online forms and pre-register a credit card which will save a bit of time at port.

On embarkation day, try to arrive at Port before 11am. The earlier you arrive, the earlier youll get onboard and be first in line to make any remaining reservations.

Take a carry-on bag with everything youll need, including a change of clothes for dinner if youre on the main dining seating. Luggage is normally delivered to staterooms in good time, but just in case your bags dont arrive in time for you to get ready. Also pack swimwear if you fancy a dip, as the pools are usually quiet on embarkation afternoon.

Mickey Pool

Dont miss the mandatory lifeboat drill. Its a legal requirement and anyone who doesnt attend will get in trouble with the Captain!

For the sail away party, go up on deck 10 for a great view of the partying on deck 9. Look out for the Cast Members in the Port building waving goodbye to you with their giant Mickey hands!

CMs waving goodbye at port

Read the Personal Navigator which youll find in your room each day. It lists every single activity for that day, character greeting locations, and opening times. Take a different colored highlighter pen for each person in your party then they can each highlight which activities they want to do on the Navigator. Extra copies of Personal Navigators are available from Guest Services.

Make sure to note the dress code for the restaurant each night, which can be found on your Personal Navigator.

Animator's Palette

Various presentations are held during the cruise, such as shopping and debarkation talks. Theres no need to attend these as they are repeated on the stateroom TV.

Dont wait until the end of your cruise to pay gratuities when everyone else will have the same idea and the line will be long! You can visit Guest Services at any time to pay them.

The fast food places such as Plutos Dog House and Pinocchios Pizzeria are open for most of the day if you want a bite to eat between meals or late-night snack. Topsiders (Magic) and Beach Blanket Buffets (Wonder) are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner each day if you dont want to dine at one of the table service restaurants.

The self-service beverage station on deck 9 is open 24 hours a day and offers complimetary soft drinks as well as tea and coffee.

Beverage station

Make use of room service its free! Get breakfast in your room if you want to get an early start on port days. You can use stuff to take on excursions for lunch (soft drinks and bottled water cost). Sandwiches and cookies can be ordered and used to take for lunch on excursions, saving money on buying food in port. The only things youll have to pay for through room service are soft drinks, alcohol and snacks such as candy and popcorn.

Buy a case of bottled water and take it onboard. Bottled water packages are available onboard but will cost much more than supermarket prices.

On port days, if youre not interested in that particular port or have visited before, stay onboard! Itll be much quieter, the pools and spa are open, as are the snack places, and somewhere will be open for lunch. Activities and tours (such as the bridge tour) are also offered.

When visiting ports, stick to the main tourist areas. Street crime is common in some places, with tourists being easy targets. Leave valuables onboard the ship in your room safe, and keep a very close eye on any you take ashore. Wear bags across your body and dont put money or wallets in back trouser pockets.

Before going to each port, write down the phone number of the ships agent, which you can find on that days Personal Navigator. Keep it with you in case of emergency if something goes wrong while youre in port.

On Castaway Cay day, Id recommend getting off the ship as soon as youre allowed to. Youll get first pick of the beach chairs (& parasols!), and if youre interested in snorkeling, its best to do it early before the sand gets disturbed and vision reduced.

Castaway Cay

If you do want to go snorkeling and have your own equipment, take it with you to avoid paying rental fees on Castaway Cay.

Dont forget that food and non-alcoholic beverages are complimentary on Castaway Cay. Theres a beverage station just near Cookies BBQ, which offers buffet lunch.

Cookie's BBQ

If you dont have any kids with you, escape to the adults-only beach on Castaway Cay.

If you think youll want to buy photos taken onboard, buy one of the packages early on. They save a lot of money on individual prices and if, by the end of the cruise, you change your mind and dont need the package you can get a full refund.

Encourage your kids to take part in the Oceaneer Club and Lab, as theyll get to attend a graduation ceremony at the end of the cruise, when theyll receive a cute mouse ears mortar board.

Last edited by Sunny37; 04-17-2013 at 08:12 AM. Reason: --
Sunny37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:54 PM   #35
dplacido
Earning My Ears

Just remember you have to carry on any water, drinks etc when you board the boat, you cant pack them in your luggage that's delivered to your room. If you have a case of water, you have to lug it around until you can get into your room.

Given the small amount of folks on this board, I wonder if the boat will be fairly empty.

Did anyone get a Cabana? What, if any, excursions are you doing?
dplacido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:57 PM   #36
dplacido
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know if little boys can wear dress shorts to dinner?
Old 04-18-2013, 01:13 PM   #37
Sunny37
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dplacido View Post
Just remember you have to carry on any water, drinks etc when you board the boat, you cant pack them in your luggage that's delivered to your room. If you have a case of water, you have to lug it around until you can get into your room.

Given the small amount of folks on this board, I wonder if the boat will be fairly empty.

Did anyone get a Cabana? What, if any, excursions are you doing?
Since we were late booking, I haven't been able to get a Cabana--we've had one at Serenity Bay the past 2 cruises we've been on. I'm only seeing 3 of the 4 listed, though. Maybe it's saved for concierge guest booking, who knows...at any rate, we'll still love just being on CC!!
Old 04-21-2013, 03:45 PM   #38
hmitchell
Earning My Ears

1st Disney Cruise

Looking forward to our first Disney Cruise!
Heather 35, Brodie 5
hmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:54 PM   #39
hmitchell
Earning My Ears

Fe

Fish extenders?

Last edited by hmitchell; 04-21-2013 at 04:00 PM.
Old 04-21-2013, 03:58 PM   #40
hmitchell
Earning My Ears

The Mitchell's would like to join! Heather(f35) and Brodie (m5)

Thanks!!
Old 04-21-2013, 09:40 PM   #41
mayowackyfuntime
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmitchell View Post
The Mitchell's would like to join! Heather(f35) and Brodie (m5)

Thanks!!
Welcome aboard! I haven't heard from fx lately but I hope he is still keeping the list. He has been doing a great job of organizing.
mayowackyfuntime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:24 PM   #42
dplacido
Earning My Ears

dont forget to post what room your in for our FE exchange! I've already started shopping
Old 04-24-2013, 07:34 PM   #43
mayowackyfuntime
Earning My Ears

We have a gnty room so they will tell us when they tell us. Do the fe group usually meet up for lunch or something at some point during the cruise?
Old 04-25-2013, 06:28 PM   #44
mayowackyfuntime
Earning My Ears

Do fe groups?
Old 04-25-2013, 09:24 PM   #45
mayowackyfuntime
Earning My Ears

Ok I just got our room assignment 8001.

Display Modes Rate This Thread