DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2013, 06:29 PM   #46
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoreTry View Post
So you guys are basically being trolls at the kiosk and are surprised he gets upset?

I agree he should have maintained composure and emotionally cut bait after your second snide remark. I hope he will apply what he learned from you to the next rude people he meets.
The fact that the OP didn't let the ASA sign him up for a sales presentation isn't rude IMO. Disney wants to sell you something and not everyone wants to buy. As soon as the ASA felt that the prospect was cold he could have discontinued the conversion, no reason to make a parting comment as a sales professional. It cheapens the Disney brand.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:15 PM   #47
crisi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizBub View Post
I could never be a salesperson, even for DVC. But look at car sales. There is a thriving resale market for used cars, in fact all dealerships have both new and used cars on their lots. Most people I know will only buy new cars, knowing full well of the immediate depreciation the minute you drive it off the lot. The last brand new car we bought was in 1996 and will never buy another. We actually need a replacement for our 2005 van and just don't want to face the high pressure sales tactics we are forced to deal with, even for a used one.

As far as research on products, if I had paid attention to all the reviews of various dishwashers and microwaves I researched I still wouldn't have new ones. The ones I ended up buying have been perfect for over 2 years. I took a chance and things have worked out very well.
Which is why car dealers don't host mingles for car owners who might mention that buying a one year old car is usually a better deal.
crisi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-17-2013, 08:28 AM   #48
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!

Did he make the comment directly to you? Or he muttered it after you walked away (which is what I thought you posted)? And you just overheard it.

Either way, of course he shouldn't have said it. It was completely inappropriate. But I do equate what you did to my 4 year old sticking his finger an inch away from my 6 year olds face and saying "I'm not touching you I'm not touching you". There is a breaking point. He's only human.

Amy
AmyB2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:46 AM   #49
Lady V
I kept waking up so hot!
I get teary eyed and happy all at the same time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twe1vestone2 View Post
So last month I was walking through Downtown Disney, and I stopped at a DVC stand because an Aulani picture caught my eye. So I decided to stop and check out the pics. A DVC sales rep comes up to me and begins doing his thing. I explained to him that I normally rent from other DVC owners (Thanks Disboards!) and I have no reason to actually buy my own DVC membership. As he proceeded to try to find good reasons for me to buy one, I kept coming back with good reasons for me to NOT buy one.

At this point his frustration is building, and its becoming very obvious. So he throws in the final attempt and invites me to a session the next morning, to which I replied "No thank you, I have breakfast reservations". As I walked away he nastily retorts, "That's fine. The mouse will get your money either way..." and walks away.

Are you serious??? lol I was stunned! Anybody else have any similar experiences??
While I don't think the CM had any right to make that last comment,-I do think that it wasn't very nice of you to tell him reasons NOT to take the tour when you know that is his job to book them. Why not just tell him thanks but not right now? He probably gets all sort of reasons not to book the tour but to come out and tell him all these reasons is kind of a slap in the face. It's like going in a coffee shop, looking at all the drinks, and then telling the barista why you wont purchase from them because you make your own drinks at home. Well then why go in the shop when you know full well the shop is there TO SELL you something? I personally would have been put off by you as well- theres no problem not wanting a product--but to keep going on and on with the castmember when he was only doing his job was rude if you ask me.
And although his comment was completely tacky--he was correct.

And I agree with a PP that said comments like this to get logged and noted and that it can't help people who rent. I can see changes for the renters and rentees from comments like this.
-BCV,HRH,AKV,BWV,
2010-BLT, ASSports,ASMusic, AKV, 2011-SSR2012-CBR, DAAR, BCV
2013 -ASMovies, AKV,POP, AKL 2014-SSR,ASSports, Pop
Disney Dream-Jan 2014, Disney Magic-Feb 2014, Disney Magic-April 2014

Last edited by Lady V; 03-18-2013 at 10:00 AM.
Lady V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:06 AM   #50
geraghty
Mouseketeer

I don't think its tacky at all. If someone puts a picture out in public, that does not mean you can't casually admire. The op said they were not interested and gave reasons why. My dw and I usually go to car lots a year before we buy a new car. We tell the salesman or saleswoman, we are just looking. If they ask questions, we answer them truthfully. We usually buy the left over previous years model to save a few thousand dollars. This renter, may become a member one day, and I would hate for anyone to feel unwelcome.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:49 AM   #51
bighoo93
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisi View Post
People give out too much information when dealing with others, whether its a DVC kiosk rep or your mother in law, and then wonder why they end up in arguments. A sales rep isn't entitled to more information than "Sorry, not interested." When you start giving reasons for not being interested, you open yourself up to arguments about those reasons.
I agree with this with respect to the "argument". If someone tries to explain why they are not interested, it is pretty much an invitation for the salesperson to try to overcome those reasons. If they don't, they aren't doing their job. So once you enter into that type of discussion, don't allow yourself to get frustrated when the inevitable ensues. Otherwise, a simple and polite "we aren't interested in buying/can't afford to buy, but just wanted to look at the pictures" will do wonders in preventing any of this from happening in the first place.

With that said, the salesperson's parting shot was completely unprofessional and I am sure that their manager and/or DVC leadership and/or Disney leadership does not want that kind of antagonistic and entirely unnecessary commentary going out. The consumer has nothing to lose. He or she will just take their entertainment dollars elsewhere to the nearly unlimited number of options and feel great about it. The salesperson might not care because he or she wasn't going to get that one particular deal, but might have blown future revenue for DVC and/or Disney just because they have a temper or just too much pride. I'm not cut out to be a salesman, but what separates me from some of the jerks is that I know it so I don't do it.
bighoo93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:01 AM   #52
geraghty
Mouseketeer

I forgot to mention, my dw and I stopped by, probably that same booth at DTD, last year. I told the cm that buying DVC just did not make financial sense. We just now bought a BLT resale. I can assure all of you, I would not have bought into the DVC, if I had this experience. I researched DVC for over two years before I even found out about resale or renting. Buying direct at these prices never made since for my family. However, we will probably add on 25 to 50 points at a time, and direct may be the better option for add-ons. Some of us just need more time convincing ourselves, DVC is the right choice.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:10 PM   #53
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

Quote:
I can assure all of you, I would not have bought into the DVC, if I had this experience.
Seeing as how you did not buy from DVD, Disney probably does not care.
Brian Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:20 PM   #54
DeeCee735
"How Do You Know of the Key?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizBub View Post
I think this is a great idea and isn't this what the member's mingle at AKV is all about? Members mingling with prospective buyers? You know that salesmen are really just trying to sell you something but when you meet a accountant or nurse or a teacher from Dayton OH who really enjoy and understand their membership, wouldn't that help potential buyers feel better about considering a purchase? I know if we had had an experience like that we probably would have bought sooner. But maybe that's just us.

I can't believe I don't know about a members mingle at AKV
Yikes! What is wrong with me!!?

Someone please elaborate, what days, times, and location at AKV for this? I will be there next week and would love to attend.

TIA!

AKV 6/14,VWL5/14,BWV 2/14,BWV 11/13, AKV 10/13,AKV/BWV 3/13,AKV 2/13,BWV 12/12 SEDONA RCI TRADE 4/12,BWV 2/12, OFFSITE 12/11,AKV11/11,DREAM/BWV 4/11, AKV 2/11, SSR 1/11, BWV 6/10, HH 3/10, AKV/BWV1/10,AKV11/09, OKW 3/09, BWV 1/09, BWV 10/08,AKV/BWV/HHI/CHARLESTON PL 4/08,BWV 9/07, HH 4/07, BWV 2/06, BWV 10/05, OKW 2/05,BWV 3/04,BWV 10/03, BWV 2/03, BWV4/02,Wonder&BWV2/01,BWV 5/00,Offsite2/00,WL/CS98,Poly 6/95
DeeCee735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:32 PM   #55
DeeCee735

Quote:
Originally Posted by geraghty View Post
I forgot to mention, my dw and I stopped by, probably that same booth at DTD, last year. I told the cm that buying DVC just did not make financial sense. We just now bought a BLT resale. I can assure all of you, I would not have bought into the DVC, if I had this experience. I researched DVC for over two years before I even found out about resale or renting. Buying direct at these prices never made since for my family. However, we will probably add on 25 to 50 points at a time, and direct may be the better option for add-ons. Some of us just need more time convincing ourselves, DVC is the right choice.
Keep in mind the small 25-50 point add on contracts purchased directly will have different usage (can be used for collections that the resale points cannot be used for) than the larger resale contract you purchased. I'm sure you are fully aware, as I see you did your research.....I'm just sayin

AKV 6/14,VWL5/14,BWV 2/14,BWV 11/13, AKV 10/13,AKV/BWV 3/13,AKV 2/13,BWV 12/12 SEDONA RCI TRADE 4/12,BWV 2/12, OFFSITE 12/11,AKV11/11,DREAM/BWV 4/11, AKV 2/11, SSR 1/11, BWV 6/10, HH 3/10, AKV/BWV1/10,AKV11/09, OKW 3/09, BWV 1/09, BWV 10/08,AKV/BWV/HHI/CHARLESTON PL 4/08,BWV 9/07, HH 4/07, BWV 2/06, BWV 10/05, OKW 2/05,BWV 3/04,BWV 10/03, BWV 2/03, BWV4/02,Wonder&BWV2/01,BWV 5/00,Offsite2/00,WL/CS98,Poly 6/95
Old 03-18-2013, 12:35 PM   #56
disneynutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeCee735 View Post

I can't believe I don't know about a members mingle at AKV
Yikes! What is wrong with me!!?

Someone please elaborate, what days, times, and location at AKV for this? I will be there next week and would love to attend.

TIA!
You should have received an invite from your Guide. I would give him/her a call to update your contact preferences.

Bill

Old 03-18-2013, 12:36 PM   #57
geraghty
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Noble
Seeing as how you did not buy from DVD, Disney probably does not care.
Yes they do. Part of the value of anything is the ability to resale. Also, like I said, we will look at direct, if and when, we add-on. We will pay mf's just like anyone else. We will vacation at WDW more often, because we are on the hook until 2060. Trust me, Disney is happy that I bought resale, because I could not justify/afford at this time in my life to buy direct. They did not lose a sale because I would not have bought direct. I know if in the future we add-on direct it will have more options and our points now won't. Right now all we want to do is WDW.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:41 PM   #58
DeeCee735

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
You should have received an invite from your Guide. I would give him/her a call to update your contact preferences.

Bill
Okay, so then as I understand it, it is by invitation only? Is it just a get together of current members to talk and meet and mingle? There is no cost is there?

TIA, (I will call my guide)

Old 03-18-2013, 12:44 PM   #59
geraghty
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeCee735

Keep in mind the small 25-50 point add on contracts purchased directly will have different usage (can be used for collections that the resale points cannot be used for) than the larger resale contract you purchased. I'm sure you are fully aware, as I see you did your research.....I'm just sayin
Thanks DeeCee. I got a lot of info from these boards well before I ever posted. Those who came before me, I thank you. It's your knowledge that helped me make the right decision for my family.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:01 PM   #60
disneynutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeCee735 View Post
Okay, so then as I understand it, it is by invitation only? Is it just a get together of current members to talk and meet and mingle? There is no cost is there?

TIA, (I will call my guide)
If you are an owner, I'm sure that you can sign up at the resort but if you want notifications, you should contact your Guide.

Like all DVC events it is put on by DVD marketing with the goal of selling you more points.

This sales event is titled "Meet and Mingle". Others are "Welcome Home Wednesdays" and "Merry Mixer" at Christmas.

Bill

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: