Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2013, 07:44 AM   #1
Woodmnky
DIS Veteran

Kid's Club Question

We are hoping that our son will be able to attend the kid's clubs the next time we cruise. I was wondering if the staff separate out so that there is a person stationed in each room/section of the kid's club? For example, if my son were playing in Andy's Room would there be a staff member in there watching to make sure that everything is going OK? We have only been in the Clubs during Open House and I assume that is very different.
Woodmnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:19 AM   #2
DLgal
DIS Veteran

The staff members kind of "wander", both during Open House and secured programming. Every time we walked by the club during secure programming, we saw the same kind of wandering behavior, unless there was a specific activity going on.

There is always a CM stationed at the entrance to each restroom to monitor what is going on there, make sure kids wash their hands, etc. There is usually a CM assigned to the "arts and crafts" and computer areas as well. If the club is not crowded, there will be more CM interaction with individual children, and they will sit down and play with the kids in places like Andy's room. However, if it's crowded, it's basically crowd control going on...babysitting to make sure everyone is behaving, but less actual direct supervision.
DLgal is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2013, 08:21 AM   #3
Woodmnky
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info. I am fine with the babysitting idea. My son will be less than a month from his 3rd birthday and I just wanted to know that someone will be keeping an eye on what is going on.
Woodmnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:19 AM   #4
Messa36
Earning My Ears

If I may ask a question also..do the CM's announce to the kids when different activities are? Such as if my son is playing in the Oceaneer's lab and the science show is going on in the club, will someone announce to all the kids so they don't miss it?
Messa36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:20 AM   #5
roxy84
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messa36 View Post
If I may ask a question also..do the CM's announce to the kids when different activities are? Such as if my son is playing in the Oceaneer's lab and the science show is going on in the club, will someone announce to all the kids so they don't miss it?
The don't announce it over a microphone (as there are other programs on that they don't want to interrupt) but counselors will generally announce it to kids in their area to remind them.
roxy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:00 PM   #6
Messa36
Earning My Ears

Thanks Roxy84
Messa36 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: