Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2013, 01:33 PM   #16
4butlers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgeo
Thanks for the replies everyone.

Now DU has responded and I have to decide whether to go with them or get twice as much OBC with the other guy. Oh well, feel pretty fortunate to be having to make such tough decisions .
Honestly, the OBC was a no-brainer for us. We'll be able to do quite a bit with our's! Every little bit helps!

2003-DLR; 2004-DLR; 2006-DLR
2011-WDW POR; 2011-DCL Dream Bahamas
2013-WDW POR; 2013-DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
4butlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:35 PM   #17
FabFivePA
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeptBride View Post
Another big for Dawn at CVO - we've been using her for years and love the OBC!
Yep, we use her as well. Haven't seen more OBC anywhere else, that I know about at least.
FabFivePA is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-10-2013, 01:37 PM   #18
Princess Bette
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgeo View Post
SO we finally decided to go ahead and book our very first cruise!

I just assumed I would use Dreams Unlimited for lots of reasons and filled out their quote form and I haven't heard anything from them yet. Although, they did say it could take 2 days to hear back and it hasn't been 2 days yet! I'm just excited and of course nervous that the category we want would sell out or the price would rise.

So for fun I went to www.cruisecompete.com. We got a quote back from www.cruisevacationoutlet.com that has a very generous OBC offer. From looking at the DU site, this offer is more then twice what we would get from DU. So it makes me kind of tempted. Has anyone used them or heard anything about them?

Thanks!
We have used them before - Dawn Moseley was our agent - she is wonderful! I just talked with her this morning about booking on board when we cruise in 2 weeks. She was very helpful. They honored the OBC when we used them before. FYI - she also does WDW packages and ABD. She informed me she is a prior Disney employee in the reservations dept. and also in administration. She knows her stuff!

March 24-28, 2013 Disney Dream Spring Break Cruise with MaMaw
Nov 30-Dec 8, 2012 Fort Wilderness at WDW
July 5-10, 2011 Disney Dream 5 Night Double Dip Bahama's Cruise
March 21-24, 2010 Disney Wonder 4 Night Spring Break Bahama's Cruise
Princess Bette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:16 PM   #19
irishone21
Everything I needed to know I learned in Kindergarten...

Here's a question for you all: We have a cruise booked thru DU already but want a new date/cruise. Out of curiosity, I checked out cruisevacationoutlet.com and got a great OBC offer. Now, here is our issue: Since our ressie with DU is for a concierge level room, we can not just cancel it, cut ties with DU and start again with someone else. However, we can move our ressie do a different date without penalty. Is there a way to do that and take advantage of the great OBC offer from cruisevacationoutlet?
Old 03-10-2013, 11:26 PM   #20
Subi WRX
Hangs with Jerry Springer thugs at Universal

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishone21 View Post
Here's a question for you all: We have a cruise booked thru DU already but want a new date/cruise. Out of curiosity, I checked out cruisevacationoutlet.com and got a great OBC offer. Now, here is our issue: Since our ressie with DU is for a concierge level room, we can not just cancel it, cut ties with DU and start again with someone else. However, we can move our ressie do a different date without penalty. Is there a way to do that and take advantage of the great OBC offer from cruisevacationoutlet?

AFAIK, no. Since you are concierge, your reservation # needs to stay the same in order to move your concierge deposit to a new date without losing it. If DU owns the reservation now, they would need to release the reservation back to DCL, and then you'd have to transfer it to the other agency. And then, if you are outside of the new 30 day rule, you can't transfer anyway.
Subi WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:35 PM   #21
Jacob's Mom
Earning My Ears

I used cruise vacation outlet for a Panama Canal cruise on Holland America last year. they were great. Stateroom credit and a fruit basket and bottle of champagne in our cabin when we arrived. I thought that was nice.
Jacob's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:34 PM   #22
kam1011
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgeo View Post
Thanks for all the feedback everyone.

I really planned on using DU, but at least it looks like I have other good options, especially with such nice OBCs.

On a side note - with DU when they say 2 days, does that mean week days? I guess I originally assumed they worked weekends also, perhaps I was mistaken there, in which case I should wait until next week - except we go back to that whole excited to book thing that makes it hard to wait!

Thanks all!
Gina
Um, I got a quote on Christmas morning! It's usually less than two days, but they give themselves that.

2000s:
5 off-site trips
All Star Music Family Suites
Beach Club
Wilderness Lodge Villas (x2)
Old Key West (x2)
Saratoga Springs
AKL - Kidani Village
Bay Lake Tower

I may have missed some...

kam1011 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread