Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2013, 09:15 AM   #1
LoveMyMoos
Mouseketeer

Monorail Resorts and Disney Races

I ran the Princess half this year, and while the race was a blur, I think I remember running right by the monorail resorts lol. I plan on doing this again next year, and next year we are going to make it a family trip(I went solo this year). I'm thinking we can stay at either the Contemporary or the Polynesian, and when I'm getting ready to run by, my family can come out of the resort to watch me run by. With having young kids, it'll be easier for my husband to handle it this way than to pay all kinds of money for ChEar squad and have him fight through crowds by himself, with all 3. Has anyone done this? Were you able to get a good view?
Nov 2013 POFQ Wine and Dine Half Marathon Jan 2014 DL Tink 1/2 Marathon Paradise Pier Feb 2014 Princess Half Contemporary
LoveMyMoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:18 PM   #2
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

I stayed at bay lake tower this year for the Princess. We did run right past the entrance of the COntemporary and Gf. The poly had people cheering too although they seemed to be on the side of the resort over a large grassy section. I am hoping to do another Disney run and have already told dh that I must stay at a monorail resort whenever I do so the family can have any easy time cheering me on.

Any one would be fine but the poly has the added benefit that when you take the monorail to the start race morning you can walk right to the ttc instead of having to transfer monorails.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: