DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2013, 03:19 PM   #1
Disneyhappy
DIS Veteran

Ugh! New Marathon Weekend Schedule

Disney has moved the 5k race up to Thursday, January 9th instead of having it on Friday as normal because they added a new 10k race on Friday. I perfectly planned(or so I thought) 3 studios at BCV for three nights - Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Now we have to come down a day early for the 5k but I don't have BCV points left and will need to wait until 7 month booking period.

My question... Will it be harder to book the Wednesday night or the Saturday night of marathon weekend? If Wednesday will be harder, I'll switch out nights now and try to get Saturday night at 7 months. I just don't have any clue as to which nights book up first for the marathon weekend.

Disneyhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:05 PM   #2
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

My guess is the Saturday will be more difficult since everyone running or watching will want that night. Good luck!

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-24-2013, 08:16 PM   #3
holula
DIS Veteran

The Saturday. We just booked our rooms for marathon weekend this year. Last year we booked at around 3 months out (new to DVC) and there was no Saturday availability at ANY resort.
Eurodisney/Disneyland Paris: 1997, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2011; Disneyland Resort: 2000, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 (x2), 2011, 2012; Walt Disney World: 2011, 2012 (x2), 2013 (x4), 2014; Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
Disney Wonder: 2012 Alaska, 2013 Bahamas; Disney Dream: 2012 Bahamas (x2); Disney Fantasy: 2013 Eastern, 2014 Western; Disney Magic: 2014 Bahamas (Wedding!), 2014 Southern Caribbean
Hilton Head Island Resort: 2013

Upcoming
Walt Disney World: 2014
Disney Magic: 2015 EB Transatlantic Disney Wonder: 2014 Xmas Western
holula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:51 AM   #4
drusba

DIS Veteran

In years past the Thurs to Monday have mostly filled at near park resorts before the 7 month window, particularly for BCV, while the Wed remained open. The issue now becomes whether the change to do a 5K on Thur will result in the Wednesday night also filling before the 7 month window. In other words, once others find out about the race addition the Wednesday night may also disappear before the 7 month window. In other words, Wednesday at 7 months is probably your best shot but you should not have high expectations that even that will be available for BCV.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:43 AM   #5
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Well I just cancelled a room for Marathon weekend.

Sorry Disney but I am outta there. I did this years Marathon and after thinking about it won't be back, your races no longer do it for me. When I first started they were the motivation, but now that I have other races to compare them too you just keep falling farther and farther down the 'ranking" but the price keeps going UP and UP. You reached the breaking point this year.
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:47 AM   #6
DizBub
Totally Addicted

I'm starting to see a trend. The last 2 trips we planned expressly for races Disney has changed the dates. I know that not all the runners are DVC members but these changes have wrecked havoc with our plans. We all know how hard it is for members to shift gears and change reservations........at this point, I have just given up.
DizBub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:50 AM   #7
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizBub View Post
I'm starting to see a trend. The last 2 trips we planned expressly for races Disney has changed the dates. I know that not all the runners are DVC members but these changes have wrecked havoc with our plans. We all know how hard it is for members to shift gears and change reservations........at this point, I have just given up.
Heck I have big group of friends who planned an entire cruise around the timing for one race. And Disney moved the race! So now they cruise without the race.

Sadly it won't matter. Disney won't miss my money. It doesn't matter what they do to the 'loyal' guests/runners. New people keep showing up to throw money at them. They have figured it out, they can provide less then a lot of races and charge more because "it's Disney"
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:14 PM   #8
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

I guess I'm a new person because the idea of the 10k is thrilling to me! I'm glad they added it in there. Then again we are out of points anyway so we will likely be at a value or POR if I decide in the next week or so before registration to partake in the activities!

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: