Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2013, 10:53 PM   #61
sperkins921
Why's the Rum always gone???

Hey Sarah,

I know what you mean about the old codes being expired. When I went to do research on the codes myself, I came across some threads mentioning them. I do not know that you have to be a subscriber to use it, but I have one, so I'm not sweating it

I will PM you the code and point you in the direction on how to get the info on where I got them from :D

You guys say it's all about the mouse, I say it's all about the toy spaceman
sperkins921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:31 AM   #62
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperkins921 View Post
Hey Sarah,

I know what you mean about the old codes being expired. When I went to do research on the codes myself, I came across some threads mentioning them. I do not know that you have to be a subscriber to use it, but I have one, so I'm not sweating it

I will PM you the code and point you in the direction on how to get the info on where I got them from :D
Thanks again! I actually found an blog post about the car seats being included with the car & driver code. Now, it's do I risk it and have an easier traveling experience or be safe and bring them!
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-01-2013, 09:26 AM   #63
sperkins921

Again, I don't know how hard a travel experience it will be as I'm sans bambinos, but I *did* read complaints (general, not directed at National or any other car rental place per say) about the condition the car seats would be in. Dirty or showing their obvious multi child for X years condition. Some parents said they would rather bring the seats than deal with the condition of the rental ones.

Hopefully this code works for you! I was stoked when I found it- I have a subscription (yes, *me* not DH) to C&D so this works nicely :D

Old 06-01-2013, 10:37 AM   #64
BeerMe
DIS Veteran

We are renting a car from 9/27 thru 10/18. Picking it up at Shades of Green and returning to MCO. Getting it thru Alamo using BJs and the total cost for midsize is $570. My sister will meet us at MCO and we will borrow her car for the remainder of our stay.

We've stayed at every resort on site except CS.
BeerMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 03:58 PM   #65
nuzmom
a real Robinhood

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Thanks again! I actually found an blog post about the car seats being included with the car & driver code. Now, it's do I risk it and have an easier traveling experience or be safe and bring them!
We didn't have any WDW trips with anyone under 3 years, and I didn't have 2 car seats at a time, but...
with needing only 1 car seat, we found it best to take them with us. Actually, I'm pretty sure we used them on the plane when boys were youngest. Don't know if that's an option now or not. But, it was more comfortable to have the seat that they, and we, knew we were comfortable with.

Upcoming: AKV, Dec '14
Past: AKV - Aug/Sept '13, OKW - Dec '12, AKV - Sept '11, SSR/AKV - Dec '10, AKV/BLT - Sept 09, SSR - Oct 08, SSR - Dec 07, POR, DCL, BWV - Aug/Sept 06, SSR - Dec 05, BWV - Sept 05, OKW - Dec 04, FWCabins - Sept 04 (became DVC member), FWCabins - Sept 99, Contemporary - June 89, Offsite - May 84, Contemporary - Dec 82, DL - 78
nuzmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 04:00 PM   #66
jpessa
Addicted to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuzmom

We didn't have any WDW trips with anyone under 3 years, and I didn't have 2 car seats at a time, but...
with needing only 1 car seat, we found it best to take them with us. Actually, I'm pretty sure we used them on the plane when boys were youngest. Don't know if that's an option now or not. But, it was more comfortable to have the seat that they, and we, knew we were comfortable with.
Yes you can bring a car seat on the plane of its rated to be allowed on planes.
jpessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:44 PM   #67
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Yes, you can still bring car seats on planes. They are also free to check. I have a 2 & 4 year old and sometimes it is difficult to manage luggage, carseats, kids, diaper bags, into the airport and out to the rental. That's why I was interested, I am hoping with Babies R Us now renting seats in some airports that are sanitized and such that maybe they are offering the rental car companies some incentives to keep the seat standards up. Currently the C&D rate is more than the KLM code for my dates, but if it becomes comparable I will consider it....
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:32 AM   #68
jskacoc
Earning My Ears

Hi! I am pretty happy with the rates I am getting so far for my Sept dates thru National. I have never used them before so I'm wondering, do they place a deposit hold on your credit card when you pick up the car? Or are you just charged what you were quoted like when I use Alamo? When I used Hertz several years ago they wanted to charge me a deposit of around $200+/-. It was a long time ago so I can't remember exactly why.
Thanks for your help!!
May 2010 Disney Wonder & POR
Oct 2008 off-site
Oct 2007 off-site
jskacoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:57 AM   #69
BeerMe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpessa View Post
Yes you can bring a car seat on the plane of its rated to be allowed on planes.
Our son had a car seat DESTROYED on a SW flight in February. I don't know how they did it. It took long arguments to get it replaced and get a loaner. They finally relented. It was gate checked.

Old 06-02-2013, 09:33 AM   #70
jpessa
Addicted to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerMe

Our son had a car seat DESTROYED on a SW flight in February. I don't know how they did it. It took long arguments to get it replaced and get a loaner. They finally relented. It was gate checked.
Lots of people bring it on the plane for just that reason. I've luggage checked it before and didn't have any problems, but it is a risk.
jpessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:13 AM   #71
sperkins921

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskacoc View Post
Hi! I am pretty happy with the rates I am getting so far for my Sept dates thru National. I have never used them before so I'm wondering, do they place a deposit hold on your credit card when you pick up the car? Or are you just charged what you were quoted like when I use Alamo? When I used Hertz several years ago they wanted to charge me a deposit of around $200+/-. It was a long time ago so I can't remember exactly why.
Thanks for your help!!
I've never looked at my credit card statement while on vacation, but I'm not remembering ever being charged for the car until we brought it back, and even then I don't know that the charge popped up that day or not. Never really needed to (thank God) watch the statements that closely while on a trip- at least not for the car rental charge.

We did, well DH did, once leave his Discover in the binder and the AMC fork & screen theater, so we watched THAT account like a hawk for the next couple of months, but that wasn't the card we charged the rental to.

I digress though, lol. I don't think they charge deposits anymore, but I think I remember reading it was possible if you used a debit card to secure a rental instead of a CC.

Old 06-02-2013, 07:20 PM   #72
leelee9878
DIS Veteran

Following this thread for our trip in Sept.
March 2009- Suprise Parents at Disney - SSR
December 2009- Crazy Family Trip #1 AKV Kidani
May 2010- Disney Magic, 11 Night Med Cruise
September 2010- Last Minute Birthday Surprise BWV & BLT
November 2010- Disney Wonder, 3 Night Bahamas Cruise
December 2010- Crazy Family Trip#2 BCV
November 2011- Disney Dream, 4 Night Bahamas Cruise & SSR
December 2011 - Last Min Trip - OKW
January 2012 - Hawaii - Aulani!!!
leelee9878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:10 PM   #73
VikingInMouseEars
DIS Veteran

Just got a good deal from Alamo. We are doing a 2 week split stay the last 2 weeks in Sept. First week off-property and the second week on property. I usually rent from Alamo so had been concentrating on them. I had been looking at rates for the first week figuring we would go sans car the second week. The cheapest rate I had seen so far was about $360 plus taxes and fees for the week, both picking up and dropping off at MCO. Yesterday, after checking prices I decided to check the rates for picking up at MCO and dropping off at the CCC and got a quote of $182 that INCLUDED taxes and fees, so basically total cost that was half of the MCO/MCO price. I used no special codes, I am an Insider so I just used the best deal retriever thing Alamo has on their website and got a 10% discount and an upgrade from intermediate to standard. I know to keep checking prices right up until the time I board the plane and I will, but this price is only a couple of $s more than the best deal I found last year.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:57 PM   #74
3forWDW
Mouseketeer

Avis Rental Reserved

For our September trip, I reserved a Full-Size car for 7 days, unlimited mileage, with Avis for total $182.92 (fees & taxes included). I am still hoping that it gets cheaper the closer we get to the end of September. But thought it was a pretty good rate, especially for this far in advance. Does this rate seem about right? I used my Choice Priviliges Number for the discounted rate ($188) and then they also had a $30 off paperless coupon for the week rental. It was cheaper to rent for a week than for the 5 days we actually need. We decided to rent rather than drive our own vehicle and put so many miles on it, but really don't want to spend a fortune to avoid mileage. I also have a coupon through that I must present at time of pick-up for a free upgrade. Does Avis usually honor both the $30 off coupon and the free upgrade coupon? Or is it one or the other? Also, what does full-size upgrade to? Premium? But does that change you to limited mileage (which will not work for us! 600 miles each way) I tried to call my Avis office, but all they will say is upgrades depend on availability. I understand that but was just wondering about past experiences.

Offsite Oct 1991 (Honeymoon); Offsite Oct 2000 (1st Trip For DS (3 yrs. old); All Star Sports Sept 2002; Pop Century Sept 2005 (Evacuation from Hurricane Katrina Trip!!) Free Dining ; All Star Movies Sept 2006 Free Dining; Pop Century Sept 2007 MNSSHP & Free Dining; All Star Sports Dec 2008 MVMCP & Christmas Lights; All Star Movies Nov 2009 Thanksgiving & Free Dining; Port Orleans French Quarter Sept 2013 Free Dining

3forWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:20 PM   #75
BeerMe
DIS Veteran

I'm having trouble finding a good rate for a monthly rental 9/27 - 10/25. Any ideas?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: