Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2013, 09:42 PM   #46
jskacoc
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperkins921 View Post
You should be able to modify the reservation later. I would just keep everything the same for now, but understand that it may end up that with the upgrade they upgrade you from a midsize which will allow you to use the Emerald Isle to another size or two up which may not allow you to use the aisle.
Ok, thanks for your help!
May 2010 Disney Wonder & POR
Oct 2008 off-site
Oct 2007 off-site
jskacoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:58 PM   #47
Ladygoldenhair
DIS Veteran

Working on a trip for Sept. rates are about $300 now for about everything Orbitz and Travelocity.
Ladygoldenhair is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-17-2013, 06:06 PM   #48
sefindlay
Earning My Ears

September Trip!!

Very excited for our September Trip! I am all about coupon codes and deals. Thanks everyone for the tips and wish us all luckhttp://www.wdwinfo.com/images/smilies/cheer2.gif
Old 05-18-2013, 04:43 PM   #49
SugarSpice
Mouseketeer

I thought I would post the rate I am currently at in case that helps anyone else. I am flying into SFB since we are flying Allegiant and this is the best rate I have found so far.

9/15-9/22 - National - Minivan - $304.78 using the KLM code.

I had found the rate of $255 with code XZ53043 however, once all the fees were put on it ended up being $322.

Like others, I'm hoping a good coupon code will come out that I can combine with the KLM.

Just to confirm. I'm flying Alligiant, I can still use KLM code right?
SugarSpice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:52 AM   #50
lilasmom
DIS Veteran

KLM code

I flew Airtran and used the KLM code a few weeks ago, no problems.

lilasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:58 AM   #51
brios86
Mouseketeer

You will be fine. It's technically for members of their frequent flier program. Join that if you are worried.
brios86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:29 PM   #52
pixidust1976
So Thankful

What is up with rental car prices for Labor Day weekend!

I reserved a full size car from Enterprise with no special coupon codes or anything for pick up at MCO on August 31 and drop off at the Royal Plaza close to DTD on September 2 and the total with taxes, fees and everything is $60.45.

Now, my sister in law is coming along for the first couple days and will be flying out of MCO on Monday so I looked into getting a rental that will be picked up and dropped off at MCO, which I thought would produce a cheap rate since it isn't a one way rental like I already had reserved... I was wrong!

The rates are way higher! The cheapest thing I can find at Enterprise for a full size car is $53 EACH DAY before all the taxes and fees. National is over $200 for the same rental period. What happened? Were the rental car spirits looking down on me back in April and I snagged some super natural deal?

Lifelong Disney fan (from inside the womb) passing the Disney magic on to my young!!!!
pixidust1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:22 PM   #53
fieldsmommy
Earning My Ears

The Travelocity code....is it anything I need to bring with me to get the discount? I saw it on here, used it and got 40.00 off but now I'm
fieldsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:26 PM   #54
fieldsmommy
Earning My Ears

[QUOTE="fieldsmommy;48527384"]The Travelocity code....is it anything I need to bring with me to get the discount? I saw it on here, used it and got 40.00 off but now I'm wondering.
fieldsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:50 PM   #55
sperkins921
Why's the Rum always gone???

Quote:
Just wanted to update on the rentals I've managed to find, these were the cheapest so far (even using thrifty and costco travel) and are for National:

Pick up on the EA at MCO 9/20 and drop off 9/21 at Cape Canaveral: $47.82 using contract code XZ53043 with no one way drop fee. P/U and D/O time was 0900. (Going on a 7 day on the Fantasy, spending the night at BLT)

Pick up a Premium at Cape Canaveral 9/28 0900 and drop off MCO 9/29 1700 (Coming back from the 7 day on the Fantasy with one night over at AKV): $90.59 using contract code XZ53043. Drops to $45.29 if I'm willing to drop off at CC Center or Dolphin that morning at 0900. Not flying out until late, like 6-7pm so dropping at MCO involves an extra day charge that dropping on property would not because we can take the ME back to the airport.

For the above two I played around using SWA code, the Emerald Club code, the KLM code, the above code, and one more. I believe the SWA code stipulates same drop off/pick up location, so it incorporated a $250 drop off fee. KLM I believe was about $10ish dollars more- but it's handy if you need underage/insurance I'm thinking. The EC contract code was the most expensive outside of the SWA code.

Either way, the above or the KLM code will be cheaper than DCL transportation, (and even private transfers since there are only two of us), and we should still get to the National office in plenty of time to shuttle back to port and try our hand at an upgrade.

Lastly, for those going to the 13 Reflections of Evil Pin/Vinyl event, picking up 0900 9/12 on the EA at MCO and dropping off at the Dolphin at 0900 on 9/15 $136.43. (We are staying at the BCV so this was SUPER convienant- just walk back and forth to the Dolphin) This was also using contract code XZ53043.
Comparatively, the cheapest rate I could get through thrifty (involving MCO R/T) was about $80- $100 more. Even if the rate doesn't drop, I'm okay with this one. I figure it will drop though if National releases another free weekend day or $X off weekend day code as it involves a Saturday overnight.

Hope this helps at least one other person!!
Just wanted to update everyone:

-rate drop combining new contract ID's and coupon codes. For my weekend trip for the pin/vinyl event, picking up a midsize at the Car Care Center (just on the other side of the street from the MK parking turnstiles) on 9/12 at 0900 and dropping off at 0900 on 9/15 using corp ID XZ53043 and the free weekend day code (good until 06/2014) from entertainment book (electronic coupon) ID NF8159AAP: $97.
(KLM produces a rate of $134 for the same parameters)
(picking up at MCO using the above parameters is $101)

You guys say it's all about the mouse, I say it's all about the toy spaceman
sperkins921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:23 AM   #56
nuzmom
a real Robinhood

Quote:

-rate drop combining new contract ID's and coupon codes. For my weekend trip for the pin/vinyl event, picking up a midsize at the Car Care Center (just on the other side of the street from the MK parking turnstiles) on 9/12 at 0900 and dropping off at 0900 on 9/15 using corp ID XZ53043 and the free weekend day code (good until 06/2014) from entertainment book (electronic coupon) ID NF8159AAP: $97.
Sorry if this has been discussed alot already (I'm just now coming back to the boards for upcoming trip).... where did the corp id XZ53043 come from?

Upcoming: AKV, Dec '14
Past: AKV - Aug/Sept '13, OKW - Dec '12, AKV - Sept '11, SSR/AKV - Dec '10, AKV/BLT - Sept 09, SSR - Oct 08, SSR - Dec 07, POR, DCL, BWV - Aug/Sept 06, SSR - Dec 05, BWV - Sept 05, OKW - Dec 04, FWCabins - Sept 04 (became DVC member), FWCabins - Sept 99, Contemporary - June 89, Offsite - May 84, Contemporary - Dec 82, DL - 78
nuzmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:08 AM   #57
sperkins921

I found it on the May car rental thread. So far, out of a LONG list (literally about 5 pages worth from another reputable travel site) of contract ID's this one gives the best rates I've found. The next closest is the Car and Driver code, followed by the KLM code. KLM works best though if for whatever reason you need to have the LDW and other stuff added. I have heard that the C&D codes allow for two car seats but as I don't have kids can't verify that.

Old 05-30-2013, 03:15 PM   #58
auger
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Which rental company are these codes for?
And are there any membership requirements or anything that would prevent someone from being able to use them?
auger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:22 PM   #59
sperkins921

I mention in my original post that these are for National. And use the codes with caveat emptor. I can not guarantee you won't be asked for ID or a coupon. These are the same codes being posted in other car rental threads for other months and are nothing new. YMMV.

Old 05-31-2013, 08:01 PM   #60
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I found it on the May car rental thread. So far, out of a LONG list (literally about 5 pages worth from another reputable travel site) of contract ID's this one gives the best rates I've found. The next closest is the Car and Driver code, followed by the KLM code. KLM works best though if for whatever reason you need to have the LDW and other stuff added. I have heard that the C&D codes allow for two car seats but as I don't have kids can't verify that.
Hi... I've been trying to locate the car & driver code - do you have any info on this? I've actually been looking through my husbands most recent copy with no luck, and the ones I've located on a google search are not valid. Is it wi National or another rental agency? Thank you if you can help! Even if you can point me in the right direction to look!
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: