Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2013, 01:19 PM   #31
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilsan View Post
No you don't. I did sign up for their free Flying Blue frequent flyer card.

Are you a National member? If not you should join. Mousesavers has a link for a free membership. If you are a national member you collect your bags and head straight to the garage and choose your car from the aisle, (if you rented a mid size you choose from the Emerald aisle we usually end up with a SUV or a minivan), and drive to the exit kiosk. They check your info and send you on your way. We have never been asked to give membership cards or coupons, I always have them though just in case. I love renting with National they are so easy and we have always paid the price quoted on our reservation.
You don't need to go to mousesavers.com to sign up for the Emerald Club. Just go to national.com and click on Emerald Club and sign up. It is free for everyone. You were lucky that there was a SUV or Minivan on the Emerald Aisle, that does not always happen. Depends on the time of year, day, week, month. You are guaranteed a midsize car with Emerald Aisle. If you need something larger and don't want to gamble, then you make what they call an Emerald Reserve reservation. You then collect your bags, and go to the garage, then to the row that contains the class of car you have reserved, proceed to the exit booth, show them your license and you are off.
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:20 PM   #32
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastgal View Post
Do I need to be flying on KLM touse this code? With it, my price for midsize for 9 days (even though it is 8 days 3 hours) is $279.50.
delete
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2013, 05:07 PM   #33
gilsan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmeh1 View Post
You don't need to go to mousesavers.com to sign up for the Emerald Club. Just go to national.com and click on Emerald Club and sign up. It is free for everyone. You were lucky that there was a SUV or Minivan on the Emerald Aisle, that does not always happen. Depends on the time of year, day, week, month. You are guaranteed a midsize car with Emerald Aisle. If you need something larger and don't want to gamble, then you make what they call an Emerald Reserve reservation. You then collect your bags, and go to the garage, then to the row that contains the class of car you have reserved, proceed to the exit booth, show them your license and you are off.
I signed up a number of years ago now and at the time the membership was $50 and free with mousesavers, good to know it has changed.

Yes we have been very lucky to get a larger vehicle on the emerald aisle. We really only need a mid size and would be happy with it, but have been lucky to get a larger vehicle every time. We usually travel at quieter times of the year so that might help. I agree whole heartedly that if you need a mini van book a mini van, don't bank on getting one on the emerald aisle.

2009 POFQ, 2010 Grand Floridian, 2011 Wilderness Lodge, 2012 BC/Dream Cruise/Poly, 2012 Halloween Fantasy Cruise, 2013 AKV, 2014 SSR/Eastbound Transatlantic Cruise2015 Eastbound Transatlantic Mmmm....Cake, 9 nights of Deluxe Dining w/Pictures
gilsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:34 PM   #34
bocaj1431
Mouseketeer

I too will be going to DW in Sept. Thought I would add a few tips.

First, the entertainment book has many different coupon codes for many different rental companies. Because 2013 is halfway through, you can get the book on sale. I purchased mine from Walgreens for $13.00!

Beware of the coupon codes you are using for your discounts. Some of the rental companies will ask you for the coupon itself for verification.

I did see bad reviews for Sixt. Most of them complained that the prices that Sixt qouted are not what you end up paying when you go to book you car. Comments suggested that you end up paying much more!
Old 04-23-2013, 11:32 AM   #35
2009CAN
Mouseketeer

Anyone have experience with E-Z rental at the airport? I have a minivan booked for $280 with them.
2009CAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:10 AM   #36
westcoastgal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmeh1 View Post
It is an 8 day rental. Anything over 2 hours gets charged an extra day.

I know that actually. My rental is actually treated as a 9 day rental. What I meant was the difference in price between the 2 codes was quite large. My aeroplan credit card is supposed to save me 35% but the prices are the same as I see on their webistes. The 35% savings is a hoax in my opinion.
westcoastgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 05:47 AM   #37
westcoastgal
Mouseketeer

I went in and decided to reserve with the KLM code 8572130 and also joined the Emerald Club. My rates are suddenly showing now at $500 plus dollars? What happened? Have the prices gone up? I should have booked when I was getting the price around $300.
westcoastgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:42 PM   #38
Farmersue
Mouseketeer

Just love this board!!

I guess there is nothing that I could think of that is already on this board. Anyway, I am going to be arriving on Sept 9 till the 15th. Not just doing Disney and with a DH with cancer that makes him have less energy thought a rental car would be a good idea so that he can come and go as he pleases. My questions are: if you rent at the airport say at 1pm on day of arrival but won't return it to say 3 pm on the day you leave do they charge you for another day or just expect this happens? I am staying at the SOG and wondering if renting from Alamo from the hotel if you get a better rate?
Old 05-11-2013, 12:04 PM   #39
sperkins921
Why's the Rum always gone???

So far so good.....

Just wanted to update on the rentals I've managed to find, these were the cheapest so far (even using thrifty and costco travel) and are for National:

Pick up on the EA at MCO 9/20 and drop off 9/21 at Cape Canaveral: $47.82 using contract code XZ53043 with no one way drop fee. P/U and D/O time was 0900. (Going on a 7 day on the Fantasy, spending the night at BLT)

Pick up a Premium at Cape Canaveral 9/28 0900 and drop off MCO 9/29 1700 (Coming back from the 7 day on the Fantasy with one night over at AKV): $90.59 using contract code XZ53043. Drops to $45.29 if I'm willing to drop off at CC Center or Dolphin that morning at 0900. Not flying out until late, like 6-7pm so dropping at MCO involves an extra day charge that dropping on property would not because we can take the ME back to the airport.

For the above two I played around using SWA code, the Emerald Club code, the KLM code, the above code, and one more. I believe the SWA code stipulates same drop off/pick up location, so it incorporated a $250 drop off fee. KLM I believe was about $10ish dollars more- but it's handy if you need underage/insurance I'm thinking. The EC contract code was the most expensive outside of the SWA code.

Either way, the above or the KLM code will be cheaper than DCL transportation, (and even private transfers since there are only two of us), and we should still get to the National office in plenty of time to shuttle back to port and try our hand at an upgrade.

Lastly, for those going to the 13 Reflections of Evil Pin/Vinyl event, picking up 0900 9/12 on the EA at MCO and dropping off at the Dolphin at 0900 on 9/15 $136.43. (We are staying at the BCV so this was SUPER convienant- just walk back and forth to the Dolphin) This was also using contract code XZ53043.
Comparatively, the cheapest rate I could get through thrifty (involving MCO R/T) was about $80- $100 more. Even if the rate doesn't drop, I'm okay with this one. I figure it will drop though if National releases another free weekend day or $X off weekend day code as it involves a Saturday overnight.

Hope this helps at least one other person!!

You guys say it's all about the mouse, I say it's all about the toy spaceman
sperkins921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:08 AM   #40
jskacoc
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperkins921 View Post
Just wanted to update on the rentals I've managed to find, these were the cheapest so far (even using thrifty and costco travel) and are for National:

Pick up on the EA at MCO 9/20 and drop off 9/21 at Cape Canaveral: $47.82 using contract code XZ53043 with no one way drop fee. P/U and D/O time was 0900. (Going on a 7 day on the Fantasy, spending the night at BLT)

Pick up a Premium at Cape Canaveral 9/28 0900 and drop off MCO 9/29 1700 (Coming back from the 7 day on the Fantasy with one night over at AKV): $90.59 using contract code XZ53043. Drops to $45.29 if I'm willing to drop off at CC Center or Dolphin that morning at 0900. Not flying out until late, like 6-7pm so dropping at MCO involves an extra day charge that dropping on property would not because we can take the ME back to the airport.

For the above two I played around using SWA code, the Emerald Club code, the KLM code, the above code, and one more. I believe the SWA code stipulates same drop off/pick up location, so it incorporated a $250 drop off fee. KLM I believe was about $10ish dollars more- but it's handy if you need underage/insurance I'm thinking. The EC contract code was the most expensive outside of the SWA code.

Either way, the above or the KLM code will be cheaper than DCL transportation, (and even private transfers since there are only two of us), and we should still get to the National office in plenty of time to shuttle back to port and try our hand at an upgrade.

Lastly, for those going to the 13 Reflections of Evil Pin/Vinyl event, picking up 0900 9/12 on the EA at MCO and dropping off at the Dolphin at 0900 on 9/15 $136.43. (We are staying at the BCV so this was SUPER convienant- just walk back and forth to the Dolphin) This was also using contract code XZ53043.
Comparatively, the cheapest rate I could get through thrifty (involving MCO R/T) was about $80- $100 more. Even if the rate doesn't drop, I'm okay with this one. I figure it will drop though if National releases another free weekend day or $X off weekend day code as it involves a Saturday overnight.

Hope this helps at least one other person!!
Thank you!! I just booked 9/21 11:00am p/u at MCO, drop off at port 9/22 with code XZ53043 and upgrade code from BJ's for around $46. Then p/u at port 9/26 drop off at MCO 7:30pm 9/28 with same codes for $119.
May 2010 Disney Wonder & POR
Oct 2008 off-site
Oct 2007 off-site
jskacoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:24 AM   #41
girlinmotion
Earning My Ears

Will be visiting 9/14-22 Need Cheap Rental too!

My soon to be hubby and I will be starting our Honeymoon on Sept 14th! Right now I've got a standard booked through National for $251. I know it's still early, but I wanted to know if anyone has seen any codes or deals for cheaper rates?

1st Trip to WDW - Sept '86
Off Site - Aug 2000
Off Site - Jan 2001
OKW - Jan 2003
OKW - Jan 2005
OKW - Jan 2007
Pop Cent - July 2008
girlinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:02 PM   #42
sperkins921

Yes, you have to browse some of the other transportation "official car rental Xmonth 2013" threads to get them, but I mention two up above. Any that I mention are here on the DIS (sorry don't have them saved in my browser so I don't have them off the top of my head) and mentioned ad nausem. The only thing I don't have yet are coupon codes, as most of the good ones end at the end of june. I'm expecting by mid june ones good in september will show up. Then, you can marry the contract ID codes (which I think I mentioned in my earlier post) with coupon codes and might save even more!!

Old 05-13-2013, 03:04 PM   #43
sperkins921

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskacoc View Post
Thank you!! I just booked 9/21 11:00am p/u at MCO, drop off at port 9/22 with code XZ53043 and upgrade code from BJ's for around $46. Then p/u at port 9/26 drop off at MCO 7:30pm 9/28 with same codes for $119.
Did you need the upgrade? My price is based on a midsize, which would allow emerald aisle use- so whatever is on the aisle you'd be able to use (even if it was a SUV). My understanding is that if you absolutely NEED a certain size, that's when it is better to reserve that class, but if you don't, it's better to use the EA. I guess you can't reserve an SUV and still use EA, but I may be understanding wrong....

Old 05-13-2013, 08:45 PM   #44
jskacoc
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperkins921 View Post
Did you need the upgrade? My price is based on a midsize, which would allow emerald aisle use- so whatever is on the aisle you'd be able to use (even if it was a SUV). My understanding is that if you absolutely NEED a certain size, that's when it is better to reserve that class, but if you don't, it's better to use the EA. I guess you can't reserve an SUV and still use EA, but I may be understanding wrong....
No, I didn't really need an upgrade. Prices all seemed to be within a few dollars of the next category. I have only booked with Alamo in the past so I'm new to National.
Should I cancel and rebook without coupon code or will I be able to modify if another coupon comes out later?
May 2010 Disney Wonder & POR
Oct 2008 off-site
Oct 2007 off-site
jskacoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:37 PM   #45
sperkins921

You should be able to modify the reservation later. I would just keep everything the same for now, but understand that it may end up that with the upgrade they upgrade you from a midsize which will allow you to use the Emerald Isle to another size or two up which may not allow you to use the aisle.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: