Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2013, 11:24 AM   #1
yespie
Earning My Ears

Offsite food delivery to Disney resorts

I've seen several posts where people staying at a Disney resort have ordered pizza to be delivered from an offsite restaurant to their resort (and Flippers and Giordano's Pizza are sometimes mentioned). We are trying to keep our trip costs low so my family and I may want to do this while chilling out in our room at POR after a day in the parks.

Questions - I assume that we meet the driver in the lobby of the resort? Do we have to notify staff at the resort that we placed an order so that the delivery driver can get through the entrance gate?

Are Flippers and Giordanos the best choices for pizza, or would you recommend...? Do drivers take credit cards or is it cash only?

Has anyone ordered food other than pizza to be delivered (Chinese, sandwiches, etc) and could you recommend some places to call that would deliver to Port Orleans Riverside?

Thanks!
yespie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:57 PM   #2
PictureJumpr
At Least 'til it Rains

We like Giordano's, order it fairly often from whatever resort we are staying at...

Have never had any problem with the delivery guy getting into the resort. I assume the gate guards are quite accustomed to these deliveries.

We usually give the person taking our order a cell phone number, and the delivery guy calls when he's on property so we can meet up. Usually right in front of the resort's main entrance doors.

We've used cards and cash. Never had a problem.

We tried chinese once a couple of years ago, but it was a disaster. Don't remember the place's name (hunan something? something palace? may have menitioned "gold" or "dragon" in there?) but won't ever be trying to find that one again.
PictureJumpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:45 PM   #3
tehvalerie
Mouseketeer

We ordered chain pizza (can't remember which one) while staying at AoA and didn't have any issues. The driver got through the gate without us notifying anyone and called when he was on his way to ask us to meet him at the main entrance.
tehvalerie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: