Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2013, 07:16 PM   #91
chiburple
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdarrah View Post
Hi dkfogt & jessaylors5660 - Welcome aboard the thread!

Just as a time killer, for any who might be a fan of the musical "Chicago", there is a fun parody using Disney Villains for the "Cell Block Tango" - it's the "Spell Block Tango" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAUZI...ature=youtu.be
I got a great kick out of this! Thanks for sharing!
Old 11-03-2013, 03:44 PM   #92
disneykelly73
Mouseketeer

We just booked!!!

Hi Everyone,

we just moved a dummy booking to this sailing!!! yes!! We did this bc my DH's boat SHOULD be in, and my kids have off from school!!!

Me: (41 at time of sailing) Disney freak foreva!!! (think slight boston accent) was a SAHM, just recently got a job.. yay me!!! so, now I am an Accountant again. this will be my 10th Disney cruise!!!

DH: (40 at time of sailing) AD Coast Guard, also Disney freak (though, not as big as me ).. 7th cruise

DS: (5 at time of sailing) Loves all things Cars and Disney.. oh and Pirates, LOVES pirates, (esp Jake) 5th cruise (I know.. I have an issue)

DD: (4 at time of sailing) loves all things princess... and randomly kissing people in the hallways of the ship.. (yes, this happened for real on our last cruise (10/12/13) 5th cruise (now you know I REALLY have a problem)

We are interested, my DH and I in the mixology class for sure and the FE group.

Wanted an 8a but they were sold out, went with a 9A I believe... In any event, we have a room number and all..

We currently live in Orlando, but I am originally from MA, DH was born in FL (traveled around and spent the majority of his childhood in WI) and now my kids are I suppose gypsies.. thanks CG.. all joking aside... they haven't spent much time in one place.. seriously!

We are excited to have moved our booking to this cruise!!!

DVC member since 1999
Boardwalk Villas
disneykelly73 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2013, 08:46 PM   #93
TinkRN
Mouseketeer

Thanksgiving cruise 2014!!

Hi all! So excited! We just moved our cruise to Thanksgiving 2014. We are a family of four from the Atlanta area.

Our crew:
G(DH-44) chemical engineer, disney enthusiast by marriage. DVC point tracker.

Me- T (43) nurse practitioner, Disney fan since childhood

DD- K (15) thank goodness she still loves Disney

DS- A (13) I don't think he minds us (too much, anyway)

Kids are looking forward to the teen areas. Hubby and I would be down with the Mixology event. We have done one before and had a ton of fun.

Would also love to be involved in any FE event. I will send a request to join the Facebook group.

Looking forward to traveling with you all!

Tricia

Last edited by TinkRN; 11-10-2013 at 08:52 PM.
TinkRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 06:25 PM   #94
JessWatson
Earning My Ears

We are booked too !!

I am on my phone now so I will add more later.
We are cruising this thanksgiving on the Wonder 2013.
2014 will be my 8th Disney and family's 7th. But 1st on the Disney Fantasy.
We have never done FEs before or much on this site.
Would love some help to find links to this info.
Is there a Facebook group ?

I will try to add the rest when I get to a computer.

Family of 3 DD will be 9
JessWatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 07:05 PM   #95
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessWatson View Post
I am on my phone now so I will add more later. We are cruising this thanksgiving on the Wonder 2013. 2014 will be my 8th Disney and family's 7th. But 1st on the Disney Fantasy. We have never done FEs before or much on this site. Would love some help to find links to this info. Is there a Facebook group ? I will try to add the rest when I get to a computer. Family of 3 DD will be 9
There's more on these in our Facebook group. Search "Thanksgiving 2014 DCL Fantasy"
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Upcoming Big Family Reunion Cruise
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 09:29 AM   #96
txmommy34
Mouseketeer

Try this link if you want to join the facebook group. I'm working on a roll call over there and a fish extender group. You can PM me your email address or find me on our facebook group if you'd like to join.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/529905517044759/
1994 - senior band trip - offsite & Big Red Boat
June 1998 - honeymoon - Wilderness Lodge
April 2008 - first trip with kiddos -ASMovies
January 2009 - family trip w/DSis & DILs - ASMusic
May 2009 - Swine Flu trip w/DD, DS & DSis - Pop
November 2010 - family trip - ASMusic Family Suite
November 2012 - family trip - Disney Dream & Bonnet Creek
March 2013 - sister trip celebrating 30 years of sisterhood - Pop
txmommy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 09:41 AM   #97
txmommy34
Mouseketeer

FE Group

OK, I think I've found everyone who said they want to do the Fish Extender Group. If you don't have a message from me either here or on facebook, please PM me and give me your email address. I know I've let this get behind, but I'm trying to catch up now. So far we have 24 cabins that have expressed an interest in joining the group.
Old 11-23-2013, 11:35 AM   #98
ej119
Earning My Ears

I just wanted to point out that we are now under one year!!!

ej119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 08:16 AM   #99
txmommy34
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej119 View Post
I just wanted to point out that we are now under one year!!!
Yay!

Considering we booked this so long ago that we were excited when we got under 500 days, one year seems just around the corner!
Old 12-05-2013, 12:53 AM   #100
racingfandj
Mouseketeer

Hello everyone! Just getting through this thread. The girls, mom and I just finished our grand slam round of the ships with our Thanksgiving trip on the Magic last week. DH did not get to go with us, so he and I jumped on one of their deals for next month and he'll do his 4th with a 3-day Magic. We've been to the Eastern Caribbean, Western Caribbean, Bahamas and Alaska and loved them all!

DH and I both work full time, his requiring extensive travel. My mom lives and travels with us (Disname - Antlawn). We have one DD (6 now) and a niece who has been with us most of her life (15 now). They'll be 7 and 16 next thanksgiving. We'll also be on the Fantasy in July for an eastern Caribbean trip. We would like to do the FE. I'll request access to Facebook so I can see the other info. Looking forward to keeping up with everyone's plans!

Jill
Disney Magic - November 2013
Disney Magic - January 2014
Disney Fantasy - June/July 2014

Anxiously Waiting for
Wonder - November 2014
Wonder - May 2015
Dream - November 2015
racingfandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:42 PM   #101
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingfandj View Post
Hello everyone! Just getting through this thread. The girls, mom and I just finished our grand slam round of the ships with our Thanksgiving trip on the Magic last week. DH did not get to go with us, so he and I jumped on one of their deals for next month and he'll do his 4th with a 3-day Magic. We've been to the Eastern Caribbean, Western Caribbean, Bahamas and Alaska and loved them all! DH and I both work full time, his requiring extensive travel. My mom lives and travels with us (Disname - Antlawn). We have one DD (6 now) and a niece who has been with us most of her life (15 now). They'll be 7 and 16 next thanksgiving. We'll also be on the Fantasy in July for an eastern Caribbean trip. We would like to do the FE. I'll request access to Facebook so I can see the other info. Looking forward to keeping up with everyone's plans! Jill
Welcome!
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Old 01-02-2014, 11:06 PM   #102
shreaves
Earning My Ears

Just now saying hello. Found these boards and this thread. Used to posting on another forum with another line. This will be our very first Disney cruise. This is my and the DW birthday, anniversary, christmas,and any other holiday present for a couple years from wonderful doting grandparents who have wanted to do this since the kids were born.

We are:
DGPA(65?) grandpa retired techie manager that loves wine and woodworking
DGMA(younger than DGPA, old enough to be DH mom) I'm smarter than to post my mom's age - housewife and homework extraordinaire
DH (40) geek manager. Mason, Shriner, and Boy Scout Leader.
DW (37) radio marketing
DS (6) terror #1 - all american boy
DD (4) terror #2 - aka sassy pants - cute lil "daddy's princess"

Of course the ages will be +1 before we depart.

This being our first Disney, we have a lot to learn. I need to read this whole thread and learn some of the Disney lingo - anyone know of a thread as a "Disney Primer"?

Update - just read the whole thread, looking forward to the FE activities.
Txmommy - I requested on the FB group and my name there will be pretty obvious from my name here.
Disneydork - good and bad to hear that someone else has been fighting the fibro curse. Still getting my cocktail of meds to lead a "decent day" right. :P

Last edited by shreaves; 01-02-2014 at 11:29 PM.
shreaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:59 AM   #103
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreaves View Post
Just now saying hello. Found these boards and this thread. Used to posting on another forum with another line. This will be our very first Disney cruise. This is my and the DW birthday, anniversary, christmas,and any other holiday present for a couple years from wonderful doting grandparents who have wanted to do this since the kids were born. We are: DGPA(65?) grandpa retired techie manager that loves wine and woodworking DGMA(younger than DGPA, old enough to be DH mom) I'm smarter than to post my mom's age - housewife and homework extraordinaire DH (40) geek manager. Mason, Shriner, and Boy Scout Leader. DW (37) radio marketing DS (6) terror #1 - all american boy DD (4) terror #2 - aka sassy pants - cute lil "daddy's princess" Of course the ages will be +1 before we depart. This being our first Disney, we have a lot to learn. I need to read this whole thread and learn some of the Disney lingo - anyone know of a thread as a "Disney Primer"? Update - just read the whole thread, looking forward to the FE activities. Txmommy - I requested on the FB group and my name there will be pretty obvious from my name here. Disneydork - good and bad to hear that someone else has been fighting the fibro curse. Still getting my cocktail of meds to lead a "decent day" right. :P
I'd start with the FAQs page on the main DCL page. Very helpful!
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Old 01-03-2014, 03:41 PM   #104
CorrinThornton
Earning My Ears

Help!!!

Well this is my first Disney Cruise with my family!!! I have gone with my parents when I was in hs and loved it. Now I am taking my family on one! I am so excitied but also very overwhelmed. I don't know where to start! DH and I booked our cruise when we were a family of three. In just two months we will become a family of four and want to make it the best for both our ds!!!
CorrinThornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:00 PM   #105
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorrinThornton View Post
Well this is my first Disney Cruise with my family!!! I have gone with my parents when I was in hs and loved it. Now I am taking my family on one! I am so excitied but also very overwhelmed. I don't know where to start! DH and I booked our cruise when we were a family of three. In just two months we will become a family of four and want to make it the best for both our ds!!!
How neat!
I loved the passporter book to help me understand what I needed to know before my first cruise. A lot of things on here are nice but also extras and not necessarily a good idea on a first cruise.
Where are y'all staying?
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: