Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2013, 05:53 PM   #76
luvthatmouseinohio
Earning My Ears

Brand new to the forum!

Hello fellow lovers of all things Disney! This is my first post and I'm not certain I'm doing it right, but here goes ...

We haven't been on a cruise since 2006, so I'm already VERY excited. Visits to WDW are amazing, but not all that relaxing. We usually need a vacation when we get back home. With starting a 60-hour work week, my husband needs a vaction to just chill, and I know we'll find that on the cruise. I can already smell the salty air ... and this will be our first time with a verandah!

So, I recently booked this Thanksgiving cruise, and this one in particular for a couple reasons. First, I'm really excited about the stuff Disney put on their website regarding holiday cruises. As if they could add even more magic than a regular cruise, right? Second, it is tough for the kids to miss a whole week of school, but only 2 days off that week is doable.

I was looking at cruise videos on YouTube and saw all the stateroom doors decorated. When we cruised in 2004 and 2006, I don't recall seeing all that stuff. Anyway, I thought it looked like a really fun thing to do and started googling ... and here I am. I found this forum, learned about fish extenders, and got some really awesome ideas.

SO OF COURSE WE WANT TO PARTICIPATE IN THE FISH EXTENDER GIFTING. Kudos to whoever thought of this!!! From what I read, this forum is the best place to get involved with a group. So I'm hoping our family can join in all fun. Whoever's "in charge" of this forum and/or group, please let me know what we need to do to take part.

Blessings! Can't wait to hear back.
luvthatmouseinohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 06:09 PM   #77
luvthatmouseinohio
Earning My Ears

Part of your FE Group

Hi txmommy34,

We would absolutely LOVE to be in your FE group. We'll be first-timers! My name is Kelly McAninch and I'm from Martins Ferry, OH. (Not on FaceBook, Twitter, or any of that social media stuff). Just good old-fashioned email, but since I've only made one post on the forum I'm not "allowed" to provide an email address. How can I get in touch with you?

I'll be cruising with my husband and two children. My daughter will be 16 at the time, and my son will be 10.

If you accept us into the group, do you have any idea on the number of staterooms that will be participating? Is there a cutoff? I'm assuming that the Google document you created gathers info on the number of people in the stateroom and ages, correct?

Sorry ... just excited and getting ahead of myself with the questions. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Last edited by luvthatmouseinohio; 09-25-2013 at 06:17 PM.
luvthatmouseinohio is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2013, 08:49 PM   #78
chiburple
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthatmouseinohio View Post
Hello fellow lovers of all things Disney! This is my first post and I'm not certain I'm doing it right, but here goes ...

We haven't been on a cruise since 2006, so I'm already VERY excited. Visits to WDW are amazing, but not all that relaxing. We usually need a vacation when we get back home. With starting a 60-hour work week, my husband needs a vaction to just chill, and I know we'll find that on the cruise. I can already smell the salty air ... and this will be our first time with a verandah!

So, I recently booked this Thanksgiving cruise, and this one in particular for a couple reasons. First, I'm really excited about the stuff Disney put on their website regarding holiday cruises. As if they could add even more magic than a regular cruise, right? Second, it is tough for the kids to miss a whole week of school, but only 2 days off that week is doable.

I was looking at cruise videos on YouTube and saw all the stateroom doors decorated. When we cruised in 2004 and 2006, I don't recall seeing all that stuff. Anyway, I thought it looked like a really fun thing to do and started googling ... and here I am. I found this forum, learned about fish extenders, and got some really awesome ideas.

SO OF COURSE WE WANT TO PARTICIPATE IN THE FISH EXTENDER GIFTING. Kudos to whoever thought of this!!! From what I read, this forum is the best place to get involved with a group. So I'm hoping our family can join in all fun. Whoever's "in charge" of this forum and/or group, please let me know what we need to do to take part.

Blessings! Can't wait to hear back.

And kudos to you for being so on top of things! My first cruise, we didn't know about disboards, FEs or anything. Looking back now, I can't believe how out of touch we were.

There's also a facebook page for this group. For whatever reason, that seems to get a lot more activity. Joanna and LaRae Crawford were kind enough to start organizing the FE for us. If you message them there, I'm sure they'll put you on the list

https://www.facebook.com/groups/529905517044759/

Last edited by chiburple; 09-26-2013 at 09:19 AM.
chiburple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 06:20 AM   #79
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

In the last year or so most of my cruise dis meets groups have coalesced more over on Facebook rather than here like my old groups.

Oh well.
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:09 PM   #80
ehutch79
Pritorities in Life: God, Family, Disney (or is is God, Disney, Family?)

Just booked this cruise. Also just found out that we left DD's back pack on the Disney wonder on Saturday! Tomorrow is Monday. So just as I was about to try and get involved here, I realized I have to go work on this situation first. I wanted to post something so hopefully it will be easier to find this when I come back. See ya real soon!
September 2013 Disney Wonder Cruise
ehutch79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:49 AM   #81
chiburple
Mouseketeer

Champagne Girls

Too early to talk Dismeets? Probably. But I wont let that stop me!
I was thinking about setting up a Champagne Girls event for us, but Im not sure if there would be enough interest to make this feasible. So, I created a spreadsheet.

What is Champagne Girls: Its a Dismeet involving Champagne and the color Pink. Those are really the only rules as there are several different ways to organize this. However, the way I intend to do it is to just set up a private Champagne Tasting for us through DCL. In general attendees are encouraged (but not required) to wear pink and tiaras (and sometimes boas). Men are welcome and encouraged to wear a pink shirt (also not required of course).

Spreadsheet Instructions: If you would be interested, please sign up by filling in one row for every member of your party who would attend (yes, some of the information will be duplicated). Right now, this is a commitment free sign up, just to gauge interest. You can always take your name off the list later. When we get closer to our cruise date (probably about 2 months out) I will post a deadline after which the spreadsheet will be locked for editing. Ive filled in the first two rows for me and my Mom so you can use those as a go-by.

Other things you should know:

Cost: $30/person

Drinks: 5 different Champagnes including Disneys special pink Taittinger Champagne

Day and Time: I tend to lean towards doing these on the afternoon of the first at Sea day so that we can all get to know each other at the beginning of the cruise. Also, I usually try to pick a time that wont interfere with brunches or dinners so usually sometime around 2 or 3pm.

Attendees Required: In order for DCL to be willing to set up a private tasting for us we would need a minimum of 25 attendees. When we get closer to sailing, Ill look at my spreadsheet and see if we have that many. If so, Ill set it up .

And without further ado& The spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...UE&usp=sharing

Last edited by chiburple; 10-07-2013 at 01:26 PM.
chiburple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:30 PM   #82
pdarrah
It's nice to know you are real, too
It might have fallen off or something

Wow! Lots of activity since I was last here. In August, my mother took my son and I to London for a week and then DS started high school just a couple days after we arrived home. It's been a busy couple months and I haven't really been planning this cruise much at all

Welcome new people!

I'm a little sad that so much is moving to Facebook I'm not really a fan - I do have an account (and I just clicked on the link to join the group - no option to send a message but my screen name is so close to my real name, Pamela Darrah, it should be pretty clear.)

I just hate the various privacy issues with facebook and the targeted advertising. You'll notice that my account will tell you almost nothing about me. I have not allowed DS14 to have a "real" account there, but he does have a "fake" one that doesn't use any real info so he can play some of the games occasionally. DH also has an account (also pretty locked down!) and he may want to join as we get closer. He uses facebook a little more than I do. I prefer the DIS for Disney stuff and I'm only active with twitter for social media.

Many years ago, I also did some DISigns, so I guess I'm a retired DISigner?

chiburple - the "Champaign Girls" sounds like fun, but do you know if it is possible to attend if you are not drinking Champaign? I'm not able to drink alcohol - my body doesn't process it properly - but it would be fun to be with the group. (I might be able to talk DH into it, so would it be possible to have 1 paying taster and a guest?)

txmommy34 - we would love to be part of the FE. We have done it for all 6 of our DCL cruises over the years (Even the Panama canal transit with 100's of members! - that one was just crazy ) I'll send you a PM in a little bit.
We usually visit 2 times per year (spring & fall)
DCL: Magic cruises: Oct 04, Oct 05, Jan 07, Aug 08, Oct 10, Fantasy Nov 12

pdarrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:59 PM   #83
chiburple
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdarrah View Post
chiburple - the "Champaign Girls" sounds like fun, but do you know if it is possible to attend if you are not drinking Champaign? I'm not able to drink alcohol - my body doesn't process it properly - but it would be fun to be with the group. (I might be able to talk DH into it, so would it be possible to have 1 paying taster and a guest?)
Yes, of course, you would be more than welcome to join us! However, don't sign up on the spreadsheet as my intent is to send that information to DCL so they can charge the cost to the appropriate staterooms. If you don't plan on drinking, all you have to do is show up
Old 10-15-2013, 01:45 PM   #84
chiburple
Mouseketeer

Since I haven't seen much interest generated for 'Champagne Girls' thus far, I decided I'm going to try and offer it as a 'Mixology Girls' instead (meaning we'll have a private mixology class instead of a private Champagne tasting). The big difference is that the cost would only be $15 or $16 per person.

Perhaps I might catch more flies with sweet cocktails than with Champagne

Here is the revised spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...=sharing#gid=0
Old 10-15-2013, 03:18 PM   #85
Fivepin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiburple View Post
Since I haven't seen much interest generated for 'Champagne Girls' thus far, I decided I'm going to try and offer it as a 'Mixology Girls' instead (meaning we'll have a private mixology class instead of a private Champagne tasting). The big difference is that the cost would only be $15 or $16 per person.

Perhaps I might catch more flies with sweet cocktails than with Champagne

Here is the revised spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...=sharing#gid=0
Haven't checked in here or on the FB page-been focusing on the Thanksgiving cruise this year. I participated in the Champagne Girls on the MV of the Fantasy and on the May 2012 Hawaii cruise. It was so much fun. I am interested in whichever one. I'm going to be trying the chocolate tasting on the Thanksgiving cruise this year. I'll let you know how that goes as well. We are also doing a private mixology tasting as well. There were so many that there are 2 groups.

Married at WDW Wedding Pavilion 9/23/95
Cruises: 9/14/2002 1st Disney Cruise West Caribbean; 10/2/2004 Eastern Caribbean; 8/20/2005 14 nite Panama Canal; 9/16/2006 Double Dip with Costa Maya; 5/26/2007 11 nite Mediterranean; 5/1/2008 3 night Wonder Best Friend Cruise; 9/11/2008 3 night Wonder Anniversary Cruise; 10/11/2008 Eastern Caribbean; 11/14/2009 Double Dip;1/21/2010 3 nite Wonder Mini Getaway; 7/6/2010 12 night Northern European Capitals Cruise1/26/2011 Dream MV;7/12/2011 Alaska Cruise;11/17/2011 Dream B2B; 3/31/2012 Fantasy MV; 4/29/2012 15 nite Hawaii Cruise; 7/13/2012 2 night NYC Cruise to Nowhere; 8/10/2012 Double Dip; 9/20/12 3 Nite Anniversary Cruise;11/18/12 3 Nite Vow Renewal Cruise; 1/10/13 3 Nite 1st DVC Member Cruise; 6/23/13 4 nite Dream Cruise; 11/23/13 Thanksgiving on the Fantasy; 1/14/14 3 Nite Magic Cruise in the Royal Suite
Trips to WDW:too many to count
Fivepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 03:30 PM   #86
chiburple
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fivepin View Post
Haven't checked in here or on the FB page-been focusing on the Thanksgiving cruise this year. I participated in the Champagne Girls on the MV of the Fantasy and on the May 2012 Hawaii cruise. It was so much fun. I am interested in whichever one. I'm going to be trying the chocolate tasting on the Thanksgiving cruise this year. I'll let you know how that goes as well. We are also doing a private mixology tasting as well. There were so many that there are 2 groups.
Ouh! I definitely look forward to hearing your report on the Chocolate tasting. We're hoping to snag a spot in one of those on our upcoming May cruise as well
Old 10-15-2013, 03:32 PM   #87
chiburple
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fivepin View Post
PS: Don't forget to sign up on the spreadsheet if you are interested! You can always take your name off later, but that's how I'll be keeping track of whether or not we have enough people for DCL to hold the event for us
Old 10-28-2013, 04:11 PM   #88
dkfogt
Mouseketeer

Wow, I can't believe this thread is already active

Hi everyone, I looked for this thread completely on a whim KNOWING that there wouldn't be anything out there for Nov 2014 - I WAS WRONG!!

HI!

We took our first Disney Cruise on the Magic out of Galveston during Spring Break 2013. Loved it. While on board, we booked the Dream for 4 nights in June. Once we got home we decided that 4 nights isn't enough AND we are going to try Aulani in June, so we switched to Thanksgiving 2014 (like many of you) because we have Jr High and Sr High kids who can't miss much school.

My husband and I are bringing our 3 daughters - they will be 16 (11th), 13 (8th) and 6 (1st) when we sail. The older two didn't care much for the tween/teen clubs on the Magic. The little one loved it. We specifically booked the bigger ship because of the older kids activities. I hope they like it.

I will go over and see if I can get into the facebook group now.......
dkfogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:23 PM   #89
jessaylors5660
Earning My Ears

Hi! I'm new to the whole DISboard thing, but I've looked at them in the past to get information on various things involving the Disney cruises. We just booked the Thanksgiving 2014 one yesterday! I'm so excited! I've always dreamed of going on the Fantasy! This will be our sixth cruise. We have my mom, me (19 at cruise time) and my sister (16 at cruise time.) I'm just looking for others who will be in the college age group. The 18*21 club. It's always easier going to those events on the first night if you already know someone! Anyways, looking forward to the cruise! (:
jessaylors5660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:36 PM   #90
pdarrah
It's nice to know you are real, too
It might have fallen off or something

Hi dkfogt & jessaylors5660 - Welcome aboard the thread!

Just as a time killer, for any who might be a fan of the musical "Chicago", there is a fun parody using Disney Villains for the "Cell Block Tango" - it's the "Spell Block Tango" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAUZI...ature=youtu.be
We usually visit 2 times per year (spring & fall)
DCL: Magic cruises: Oct 04, Oct 05, Jan 07, Aug 08, Oct 10, Fantasy Nov 12

pdarrah is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: