Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2013, 11:23 PM   #46
Mickeyluver37
I had way more than 3 at a time
I would absolutely try to go eat in the castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by txmommy34 View Post
Hi, everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. Since my sister killed the thread I thought I would see if we can get the ball rolling again.

I know it's a long time off, but I created a Facebook group for us. Here's the link:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/529905517044759/

This will be another way for us to chat about our plans and organize the fish extender & meet up when the time comes. Just click join group and tell me your DIS name in the message & I will add you!
I sent a request to join the group but just realized I didn't follow the rules and give my DIS name. Can you please add me?

(DH) (Me) (DD17) (DS14) (DS- 6)

I traded in my vacation ticker for a new one:

Mickeyluver37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:43 AM   #47
disneydork3
Obsessed with Disney

Hey everyone. So we are moving back to sailing over Thanksgiving due to school and work like most everyone!! We have a choice between this itinerary and the Magic western going to Castaway Cay, Key West, Cozumel and Grand Cayman. We are so torn on which one to choose, haven't been on either ship or to either itinerary. We loved the Dream and are sure we'd love the Fantasy but the Magic updates look great. What are your thought? Our DD11 wants the Magic, DHL'S wants Fantasy and I truly don't care".

WDW = 1996 off property ~ 2000 off property ~ 2008 WL ~ 2009 POP ~ 2010 SSR and POP ~ 2011 off property ~ 2012 off property, POR and ASMusic ~ 2013 SSR ~ 2014 off property ~ 2015 SSR

DCL = 2012 DREAM Double Dip ~ 2014 MAGIC Southern Caribbean

disneydork3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-30-2013, 02:29 PM   #48
ej119
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydork3 View Post
Hey everyone. So we are moving back to sailing over Thanksgiving due to school and work like most everyone!! We have a choice between this itinerary and the Magic western going to Castaway Cay, Key West, Cozumel and Grand Cayman. We are so torn on which one to choose, haven't been on either ship or to either itinerary. We loved the Dream and are sure we'd love the Fantasy but the Magic updates look great. What are your thought? Our DD11 wants the Magic, DHL'S wants Fantasy and I truly don't care".
I had this exact same dilemma! I have actually never been on the Fantasy or the Magic, but thought the Magic's itinerary looked more interesting. However, what it came down to for us was the fact that a verandah room on the Magic was more expensive than one on the Fantasy (when we booked). And while I'm sure the Magic's improvements will make a difference, I like the amenities and food options on the Fantasy better (based on my experience on the Dream).

I hope this helps a little.

ej119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:03 PM   #49
txmommy34
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyluver37 View Post

I sent a request to join the group but just realized I didn't follow the rules and give my DIS name. Can you please add me?
I added you. I've been in the Smoky Mountains & didn't have Internet access so I didn't see your request. Anyone else is welcome to join us over on Facebook, too. We aren't very active but it is another way to get to know each other.
1994 - senior band trip - offsite & Big Red Boat
June 1998 - honeymoon - Wilderness Lodge
April 2008 - first trip with kiddos -ASMovies
January 2009 - family trip w/DSis & DILs - ASMusic
May 2009 - Swine Flu trip w/DD, DS & DSis - Pop
November 2010 - family trip - ASMusic Family Suite
November 2012 - family trip - Disney Dream & Bonnet Creek
March 2013 - sister trip celebrating 30 years of sisterhood - Pop
txmommy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:57 PM   #50
jenbessey
Mouseketeer

Hi Everyone,
We can't wait to set sail with you guys in 2014. This will be our 3rd Disney Cruise. We love them! We have been on the Dream in 2011 and we were on the Fantasy last November. We love them! It will be me (Jen), my DH (John), my DS (Shawn who will be 14 at that time) and my DD (Katie who will be 12 at that time). We have done the FE both times and love it so. If anyone has any questions, I would be more than happy to try to help. Both cruises were fantastic. The service, cleanliness, people, etc were excellent! We will not go on any other cruise lines because we are so spoiled.
Can't wait to chat with you all.
Jen
jenbessey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:04 PM   #51
Mickeyluver37
I had way more than 3 at a time
I would absolutely try to go eat in the castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbessey View Post
Hi Everyone,
We can't wait to set sail with you guys in 2014. This will be our 3rd Disney Cruise. We love them! We have been on the Dream in 2011 and we were on the Fantasy last November. We love them! It will be me (Jen), my DH (John), my DS (Shawn who will be 14 at that time) and my DD (Katie who will be 12 at that time). We have done the FE both times and love it so. If anyone has any questions, I would be more than happy to try to help. Both cruises were fantastic. The service, cleanliness, people, etc were excellent! We will not go on any other cruise lines because we are so spoiled.
Can't wait to chat with you all.
Jen
Welcome!!

Since you've cruised in November before- how was the weather? I've been trying to find every Thanksgiving cruise trip report to figure this out, and it seems like a mixed bag. I'm just hoping our first ever trip to CC isn't a cold one!

We were in WDW for Thanksgiving week in 2011 and we were in shorts and tank tops the entire time. Friends of ours had gone the week after Thanksgiving in 2010 and had to wear winter coats- it got into the 30's during their trip.

We are also VERY excited about FE. I'm sure with this being Thanksgiving week we'll have plenty of interest as the months go by.

(DH) (Me) (DD17) (DS14) (DS- 6)

I traded in my vacation ticker for a new one:

Mickeyluver37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:55 PM   #52
coopersmom06
Earning My Ears

So excited

Hey everyone! We just got home from 3 nights on the dream and loved it. We rebooked for the Nov 22nd 7 night on the fantasy thanksgiving 2014.

My husband and I are both teachers and get the whole week off

Our son will be 8 and our little girl will be 3!

My parents will also be joining us.
coopersmom06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:02 AM   #53
coopersmom06
Earning My Ears

I just requested to join the fb group

My name is amanda smith-hydock
coopersmom06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:35 PM   #54
disneydork3
Obsessed with Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdarrah View Post

Thankfully, we didn't get the most recent snow We had a slight dusting this morning and the news is reporting that Springfield had 17 inches! I guess it missed us and went South

Our cruises have been pretty spread out - the first was in 2004. The first 5 were all on the Magic. Most were attempts at a full Western itinerary - LOL! For the first, hurricane Hugo trashed Grand Cayman a month or so before we sailed and we were one of the very first stops at Costa Maya. For the second, it was the year of hurricanes everywhere and the morning we sailed our Western turned into an Eastern - we also dodged hurricanes Alpha & Beta while we were at sea. The third try was the charm & we managed a full, normal Western! Our 4th cruise was our all-time dream trip that will probably never be matched - it was an Eastbound Panama Canal transit (15 days!). Number 5 was another Western & Number 6 was on the Fantasy last November for an Eastern with the 1st stop at San Juan.

Welcome Disneydork3! Glad to meet you When you get back from your cruise this year you'll be able to tell us all about what DCL does to celebrate Thanksgiving on board. I think I saw something this year that they decorated everything for Xmas overnight between Thursday and Friday!
So which itinerary did you like best? I'm having a hard time deciding between this and the magic western with Key West. We've been on the Dream but postponed our 2013 Magic cruise until next year. How was San Juan, safe? Just don't want to be stir crazy with 3 sea days, even though we all want to sail the Fantasy. I know both will be great but don't know which to do.

WDW = 1996 off property ~ 2000 off property ~ 2008 WL ~ 2009 POP ~ 2010 SSR and POP ~ 2011 off property ~ 2012 off property, POR and ASMusic ~ 2013 SSR ~ 2014 off property ~ 2015 SSR

Old 08-23-2013, 02:56 PM   #55
disneydork3
Obsessed with Disney

We're officially back for good!

My TA just emailed me confirmation! We are officially booked and I think we're actually looking forward to the sea days like everyone says!

We are most definitely participating in the FE, we had lots of fun last time. I already have some ideas!!

We should think of a fun cruise name...Castaway Crew, FANTASY Castaway's or something with fall or Thanksgiving. Any ideas?

For those of you with kids in the Edge, what are your thoughts about them roaming the ship? Our DD will be 11 when we cruise. We'd like her to have fun but safety is obviously our biggest concern. Have any of you cruised with Edge-aged kids before. It would be great for them to get to "know" each other a little before the cruise so they can meet up with familiar faces.

455 days

Old 08-24-2013, 07:01 PM   #56
wolfepack
Its time for WDW !

Coming on board the Nov 22 Thanksgiving Cruise!

Greetings All,
Just had to move our 2014 from August to November 22nd due to work.

This will be our first 7 day Cruise since all the rest on the DCL were 3 days.

Coming aboard in two cabins are...
DW , ME , DD , DGD(12) , DGS(11)

Can't wait!

Ps..I'm trying to catch up on all 5 pages of posts so bare with me
wolfepack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:50 PM   #57
disneydork3
Obsessed with Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfepack View Post
Greetings All,
Just had to move our 2014 from August to November 22nd due to work.

This will be our first 7 day Cruise since all the rest on the DCL were 3 days.

Coming aboard in two cabins are...
DW , ME , DD , DGD(12) , DGS(11)

Can't wait!

Ps..I'm trying to catch up on all 5 pages of posts so bare with me
Wolfepack! Are these ages now or when cruising?

Old 08-25-2013, 12:45 PM   #58
wolfepack
Its time for WDW !

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydork3 View Post
Wolfepack! Are these ages now or when cruising?
At time of Cruise
wolfepack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 12:51 PM   #59
disneydork3
Obsessed with Disney

Great! My DD (11 at cruise time) is looking forward to meeting some friends!!!!

Old 09-08-2013, 02:11 PM   #60
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

We've just moved to this cruise from October as we'd rather not have our kids miss school if they don't have to.
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Upcoming Big Family Reunion Cruise
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: