Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2013, 07:27 AM   #31
txmommy34
Mouseketeer

Hi, everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. Since my sister killed the thread I thought I would see if we can get the ball rolling again.

I know it's a long time off, but I created a Facebook group for us. Here's the link:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/529905517044759/

This will be another way for us to chat about our plans and organize the fish extender & meet up when the time comes. Just click join group and tell me your DIS name in the message & I will add you!
1994 - senior band trip - offsite & Big Red Boat
June 1998 - honeymoon - Wilderness Lodge
April 2008 - first trip with kiddos -ASMovies
January 2009 - family trip w/DSis & DILs - ASMusic
May 2009 - Swine Flu trip w/DD, DS & DSis - Pop
November 2010 - family trip - ASMusic Family Suite
November 2012 - family trip - Disney Dream & Bonnet Creek
March 2013 - sister trip celebrating 30 years of sisterhood - Pop
September 2013 - 2nd honeymoon NO KIDS!!- Pop
txmommy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:28 PM   #32
disneydork3
Obsessed with Disney

We had to move our date up so we are now cruising in Oct. Wish you all a fantastic cruise. Take care!

WDW = 1996 off property ~ 2000 off property ~ 2008 WL ~ 2009 POP ~ 2010 SSR and POP ~ 2011 off property ~ 2012 off property, POR and ASMusic ~ 2013 SSR ~ 2014 off property ~ 2015 SSR

DCL = 2012 DREAM Double Dip ~ 2014 MAGIC Southern Caribbean ~ 2015 FANTASY Western Caribbean

disneydork3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-01-2013, 02:33 PM   #33
txmommy34
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydork3 View Post
We had to move our date up so we are now cruising in Oct. Wish you all a fantastic cruise. Take care!
Have a great time! I'm a little jealous you get to go sooner...
1994 - senior band trip - offsite & Big Red Boat
June 1998 - honeymoon - Wilderness Lodge
April 2008 - first trip with kiddos -ASMovies
January 2009 - family trip w/DSis & DILs - ASMusic
May 2009 - Swine Flu trip w/DD, DS & DSis - Pop
November 2010 - family trip - ASMusic Family Suite
November 2012 - family trip - Disney Dream & Bonnet Creek
March 2013 - sister trip celebrating 30 years of sisterhood - Pop
September 2013 - 2nd honeymoon NO KIDS!!- Pop
txmommy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:08 AM   #34
Tinkybell14
Earning My Ears

17 months until our 3rd Disney Cruise!!!

Hello everyone!

I just moved our placeholder cruise over to this one yesterday. I'm so excited!!!! And I'm super excited to see so many people already active on the board.

About us...

Me - Air Force, B.S. in Business Admin and working on M.A.A. in Organizational Leadership. DISNEY obsessed. I would spend every day at the parks/cruising if I could, but I can't because we live so far away! Originally from Texas but transplanted to Maryland. My favorite character is Tinkerbell.

DH - Air Force, not so Disney obsessed, but enjoys himself every time we go. Loves volleyball and sushi

DD - 11 (now), will be 12.5 on cruise - she just finished elementary school and is headed to a performing arts middle school for violin. She also plays the piano pretty well and is a competitive gymnast.

DS - 8 (now) will be nearly 10 on cruise - soccer player extraordinaire. Loves video games and Legos.

MIL - 60s - Never cruised but wants to go on a family vacation with us. I'm not sure exactly how this will go since we tend to butt heads, but we'll see. Just praying for peace on board and being thankful that we are all able to enjoy trips like these (it will be Thanksgiving, after all!).

Our first cruise was on the Magic in Jan 2012 with another family. Loved it so much that we went on the Fantasy in Jan 2013 and booked this (sort of) onboard. My kids don't know anything about this trip yet and we won't tell them until after we go inside the 75 day window. Being a dual-military family we are never certain about our plans until the times get really close.

We LOVED doing the FE and hope that we have a good number of participants this time around.

Because we booked kind of late (I guess?) we got two 8C rooms on Deck 7 Aft. There is one room in between us, but maybe that will change as time goes on. I was bummed to not get the 8A room I had last time w/ the two big porthole seats. That room was definitely the best! (6514 in case anyone here gets it!)

Anyway, so excited I can't even focus right now! Will talk to you all soon.

-Sharon
Tinkybell14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:37 AM   #35
PoppyGirl
The kiddies come for the autographs but the mummies come for the captain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkybell14 View Post
Hello everyone!

I just moved our placeholder cruise over to this one yesterday. I'm so excited!!!! And I'm super excited to see so many people already active on the board.

About us...

Me - Air Force, B.S. in Business Admin and working on M.A.A. in Organizational Leadership. DISNEY obsessed. I would spend every day at the parks/cruising if I could, but I can't because we live so far away! Originally from Texas but transplanted to Maryland. My favorite character is Tinkerbell.

DH - Air Force, not so Disney obsessed, but enjoys himself every time we go. Loves volleyball and sushi

DD - 11 (now), will be 12.5 on cruise - she just finished elementary school and is headed to a performing arts middle school for violin. She also plays the piano pretty well and is a competitive gymnast.

DS - 8 (now) will be nearly 10 on cruise - soccer player extraordinaire. Loves video games and Legos.

MIL - 60s - Never cruised but wants to go on a family vacation with us. I'm not sure exactly how this will go since we tend to butt heads, but we'll see. Just praying for peace on board and being thankful that we are all able to enjoy trips like these (it will be Thanksgiving, after all!).

Our first cruise was on the Magic in Jan 2012 with another family. Loved it so much that we went on the Fantasy in Jan 2013 and booked this (sort of) onboard. My kids don't know anything about this trip yet and we won't tell them until after we go inside the 75 day window. Being a dual-military family we are never certain about our plans until the times get really close.

We LOVED doing the FE and hope that we have a good number of participants this time around.

Because we booked kind of late (I guess?) we got two 8C rooms on Deck 7 Aft. There is one room in between us, but maybe that will change as time goes on. I was bummed to not get the 8A room I had last time w/ the two big porthole seats. That room was definitely the best! (6514 in case anyone here gets it!)

-Sharon

Welcome Sharon!!! The big porthole seats sound fun. I really wanted a balcony this time so I can go outside without having to go to another deck.

I live in MD too! We are in Frederick County.
(POR) Jan 2007 (HoJo) June 2007 (CSR) Girlfriends Trip Jan 2008 (POP)/Wonder Cruise Mar 2009 (CSR) Mom/DS Trip June 2009 (DLH) Girlfriends' B-day Celebration Feb 2010 (DLH) DH B-day Celebration July 2010 (AKL) Christmas Miracle Trip December 2010 (Wyndham Bonnet Creek) Girls Only Mother Daughter February 2011 (POFQ) Mother Daughter February 2012 (AKL) Mother Daughter February 2013 (Grand Californian) Girls Days Out May 2013 (Yacht Club) Best Friends at Food & Wine October 2013 (Wilderness Lodge) Marvin & Abigail Mother Daughter January 2014

PoppyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:40 PM   #36
stewart2525
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Hello everyone!

About us...

-Sharon
How cool! Our middle daughter is the same age as your DD, takes gymnastics and will, this fall, be starting at a performing arts magnet and learning violin! Fun coincidence
stewart2525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:19 AM   #37
everydaymathchick
DIS Veteran

I've been planning my FE gifts already! This is my 2nd Disney Cruise & 1st time to want to do an FE. Really hope we get a good sized group.
My DISigns Thread *Index of DISigns in Post #1!
1988 - Offsite - Family Vacation - Beginning of LOVE of WDW
Spring 2000 - ASMu - Junior Year Band Trip
January 2009 - ASMu - DSis, DBIL, DNce, DNw, and DSis' In-Laws
May 2009 -Pop Century - "Swine Break" Spontaneous Trip with DSis & Kids
November 2010 - ASMu (family suite) - DSis, DBIL, DNce, & DNw
June 2011 - POR - Adult Trip with friend
December 2011 - Pop - Adult Trip with friend
November 2012 - Disney Dream & Wyndham Bonnet Creek - DSis, DBIL, DNce & DNw
March 2013 - Pop Century - Sisters Trip for my 30th birthday
November 2014- Disney Fantasy - DSis, DBIL, DNce, DNw, & Friends!
everydaymathchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:33 PM   #38
Tinkybell14
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewart2525 View Post
How cool! Our middle daughter is the same age as your DD, takes gymnastics and will, this fall, be starting at a performing arts magnet and learning violin! Fun coincidence
Wow! That is quite a coincidence...hopefully they can meet up on board. Mine wasn't that excited about Edge last cruise, but I think she'll be ready to hang out there this time.

Everydaymathchick - I was born in Fort Worth but grew up all over HEB and finally settled in Arlington before joining the military. What area of DFW are you in? Are you in your mid 30's? We might know each other (or you might know one of my billion cousins!).
Tinkybell14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:47 PM   #39
everydaymathchick
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Wow! That is quite a coincidence...hopefully they can meet up on board. Mine wasn't that excited about Edge last cruise, but I think she'll be ready to hang out there this time.

Everydaymathchick - I was born in Fort Worth but grew up all over HEB and finally settled in Arlington before joining the military. What area of DFW are you in? Are you in your mid 30's? We might know each other (or you might know one of my billion cousins!).
I'm in Lewisville. Lived here 8 years, grew up in GA though. I'm 30 on the nose.
My DISigns Thread *Index of DISigns in Post #1!
1988 - Offsite - Family Vacation - Beginning of LOVE of WDW
Spring 2000 - ASMu - Junior Year Band Trip
January 2009 - ASMu - DSis, DBIL, DNce, DNw, and DSis' In-Laws
May 2009 -Pop Century - "Swine Break" Spontaneous Trip with DSis & Kids
November 2010 - ASMu (family suite) - DSis, DBIL, DNce, & DNw
June 2011 - POR - Adult Trip with friend
December 2011 - Pop - Adult Trip with friend
November 2012 - Disney Dream & Wyndham Bonnet Creek - DSis, DBIL, DNce & DNw
March 2013 - Pop Century - Sisters Trip for my 30th birthday
November 2014- Disney Fantasy - DSis, DBIL, DNce, DNw, & Friends!
everydaymathchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:25 AM   #40
ej119
Earning My Ears

Just booked our cruise for next Thanksgiving and I'm so excited(it will technically be our honeymoon... only 1.5yrs after the wedding)!

We're a younger (30 and 32 yrs old) gay couple from San Francisco. I'm brand new to the Dis Boards, but did go on the Podcast Cruise 3.0 on the Dream in June 2012 with a friend and fell in love with DCL and the many Dissers. My husband is not a big Disney fan, but is very excited for the Cruise.

Counting down... only 458 days left!

ej119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:43 AM   #41
pdarrah
It's nice to know you are real, too
It might have fallen off or something

Congratulations ej119! And welcome to the boards The podcast cruises sound like a lot of fun - I've been listening to the show for years, but can never make the cruises work with my & my families schedule. I have a feeling they are like the Panama canal cruise we did in 2008 where there were over 500 DISers on board.

I went to Disneyworld for my honeymoon. My husband wasn't a Disney fan and had only agreed because I wanted it. (We also spent a few days in Bermuda for him as we had been gifted some extra money with instructions to "use if for your honeymoon!") Within 2 days he was a convert. We just got back from 12 days at WDW and the length of that trip was set by HIM!

Our first DCL cruise was a similar story Our son (then 5 years old) was given a DCL DVD by a friend of ours. He was fascinated and kept begging to go on a cruise. My DH was NOT a big fan of cruising - we had been on a couple Carnival cruises about 10 years before & he wasn't thrilled. Our 15th wedding anniversary was coming up & we struck a deal that we would do the cruise for our anniversary (actually 4 months after) and he didn't have to do ANYTHING else for the occasion By the third day of our cruise (a 7-night Western) he was asking me if I had "planned" to re-book on board. I told him that given we practically had to drag him on board, I had made no plans for the future. By day 5, HE Had gone to the booking desk and booked our next cruise!
We usually visit 2 times per year (spring & fall)
DCL: Magic cruises: Oct 04, Oct 05, Jan 07, Aug 08, Oct 10, Fantasy Nov 12

pdarrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:56 PM   #42
PoppyGirl

Welcome ej119! Glad to have you aboard. I added you to our cruise list.

(POR) Jan 2007 (HoJo) June 2007 (CSR) Girlfriends Trip Jan 2008 (POP)/Wonder Cruise Mar 2009 (CSR) Mom/DS Trip June 2009 (DLH) Girlfriends' B-day Celebration Feb 2010 (DLH) DH B-day Celebration July 2010 (AKL) Christmas Miracle Trip December 2010 (Wyndham Bonnet Creek) Girls Only Mother Daughter February 2011 (POFQ) Mother Daughter February 2012 (AKL) Mother Daughter February 2013 (Grand Californian) Girls Days Out May 2013 (Yacht Club) Best Friends at Food & Wine October 2013 (Wilderness Lodge) Marvin & Abigail Mother Daughter January 2014

Old 07-15-2013, 09:39 PM   #43
ej119
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the welcome pdarrah and PoppyGirl!!

I can only hope that my husband has a similar reaction to yours, pdarrah. This is his first cruise EVER and fortunately I think we couldn't have picked a better cruise line to make a fabulous first impression.

Last edited by ej119; 07-15-2013 at 10:24 PM.
ej119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 06:09 AM   #44
PoppyGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej119 View Post
Thanks for the welcome pdarrah and PoppyGirl!!

I can only hope that my husband has a similar reaction to yours, pdarrah. This is his first cruise EVER and fortunately I think we couldn't have picked a better cruise line to make a fabulous first impression.
Disney service is exceptional and even if he is not necessarily a Disney fan, the ship is gorgeous, the food is amazing, and the service is wonderful. There are plenty of adult only activities too. And who knows.....maybe he'll convert and decide he loves Disney too! Win-win!

Old 07-27-2013, 07:32 PM   #45
Mickeyluver37
I had way more than 3 at a time
I would absolutely try to go eat in the castle

Hi Everyone!

After spending just about my entire Saturday researching room categories , we should be putting down our deposit this week!

We're also from Maryland, and this will be our first ever Disney Cruise. We go to WDW often, and really wanted to go on a Disney Cruise before DD turns 18. With our kids school and activity schedules, the price tag has always scared us away for the peak times, but we're going to take the plunge and do it. Luckily, our county does give the kids the entire week off.

I'm excited about the announcements that were made about the Christmas activities on the Thanksgiving cruises this year- hopefully we'll see some of that next year.

(DH) (Me) (DD17) (DS15) (DS- 6)

I traded in my vacation ticker for a new one:

Mickeyluver37 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: