Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2014, 11:44 PM   #1
Wests4Disney
Mouseketeer

Jan. 5, 2015 Dream Cruise Meet

I do not see a sticky for the 2015 Dream Cruises. Does that mean the shorter cruises don't do the FE, or Meets?

We are on the Jan. 5th, 2015 Dream Cruise (4 days). We are celebrating our oldest son's graduation from High School. Can't wait....it has been quite some time (3 years) since our last cruise and we are looking forward to this one.

My son is especially looking forward to the aquaduck water slide. He wants to slide out the side of the ship and back through the tube. That is his main reason for wanting to do the Dream. We have done the Wonder and the Magic, but are excited to get onto one of the "newer" ships.

He is also looking forward to dining with us in Palo, since he will be of age to dine there.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:42 AM   #2
poohm
Earning My Ears

we are on this cruise as well

Hello West4Disney

My family is looking forward to this cruise My DS will be a junior and DD will be a sophomore in high school. They are looking to go on the aquaduck as well plus being Teens for this cruise and the freedom lol .

The last cruise we were on was 2010 on the wonder. I do hope there will be a FE exchange and a meet. It makes the cruise so much more fun.

Last edited by poohm; 01-29-2014 at 09:59 AM.
poohm is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2014, 06:01 PM   #3
LisaAJ
Mouseketeer

Hello!
We have just transferred to this cruise from 12 Jan one as we were worried it had been chartered (the date was pulled for about a week).

We are coming all the way from Australia so aren't very flexible with our dates!

I have 2 kids who will be 7 and 9 when we cruise. We haven't told them about our trip yet but they know everything there is to know about Disney!!

Look forward to chatting with you
Lisa
Old 02-02-2014, 09:10 PM   #4
IrishCowboy
DIS Veteran

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list
Have a great cruise!
Disney Fantasy 7-21-2012
Disney Magic 11-19-2011 - Back to Back
Disney Magic 11-12-2011
Carnival Dream 7-24-2011
Disney Magic 6-13-2009, Disney Magic 11-22-2008,
Disney Magic 3-17-2007, Disney Magic 7-22-2006,
Disney Magic 9-03-2005, Disney Magic 9-18-2004, Disney Magic 5-15-2004, Disney Magic 5-??-2003,
Disney Wonder 12-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-25-2002, Disney Magic 1-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-12-2001
IrishCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 04:08 PM   #5
Wests4Disney
Mouseketeer

Glad to know there are other excited people on this cruise. Do either of you know if they do FEs on the shorter cruises? Will we do one for this cruise?
Old 02-14-2014, 06:03 AM   #6
LisaAJ
Mouseketeer

I have absolutely no idea, lol
This is our first Disney cruise so I didn't know what a FE was until I started researching on here.

I would really love to be involved in one if these but coming from overseas makes things harder. I would have to choose small things to bring and then hope I got small things in return!!
Old 02-15-2014, 07:30 AM   #7
poohm
Earning My Ears

MY Family is so excited for this cruise my high school kids talk about it everyday just about . I love it . In 2010 on our 4 day Disney Wonder cruise there was a FE exchange and a meet. I imagine that this will grow by leaps and bounds the closer we get. If i remember correctly we had i think 15 to 18 families involved in 2010 .

We are staying a week after the cruise at Disney world and 3 days before near universal. Have never been to Universal my husband and my 16yr old son is really looking forward to this. Besides the cruise what are some of the things that you all are excited about experiencing
Old 02-25-2014, 12:05 PM   #8
mblondie0509
Mouseketeer

I just booked this cruise and I am SOOO excited! We have had a MISERABLE winter here in Central IL and I am helping "Future Me" by booking our very first cruise to have something to look forward to! My DS will turn 10 on this cruise as well! We are making our first trip to Disney in August this year so it is going to be a BIG year! Looking forward to getting to know everyone in the meantime!

August 2014 - CBR for 1st WDW Trip!

mblondie0509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 08:03 PM   #9
Wests4Disney
Mouseketeer

We are looking forward to doing some things outside of the Disney Parks. We are going with the tickets we have left over from multiple trips (10 day hopper + WPM No expiration). So....we have only 2 park days left, then I figure we will be spending quite a bit of time at DisneyQuest, then the water park.

I want to check out snorkeling with the manatees, since Dec and Jan are supposed to be a good time to do that. I also want to ride on an airboat. My oldest found a really cool looking laser tag/paintball field he wanted to go check out. We are also wanting to do some of the "free" things like the campire with Chip and Dale at Fort Wilderness, and some of the lower cost things, like renting a surrey, or checking out what is in the community room for crafts. We plan on getting our little guy into swimming lessons before we go, since we will be spending quite a bit of time around the water this vacation.

We have taken multiple trips to Florida, but only ventured away from Disney 1 other time. I am excited to see what else is offered in the area. We too have never done Universal, or Busch Gardens, both of them sound exciting at least for the older kids. The little one just kinda goes with the flow and tries to do whatever he can wherever we are.

Has anyone thought about their port excursions???? We are looking into the Atlantis excursion. I did look into renting a room from the Comfort Suites, but because we have 5 in our family, and each room gets only 4 bands, it didn't work out to saving a whole lot of money. I am planning on doing the Castaway cay 5K in the morning. Hopefully my family will do it with me too :-). Will be fun. I have just started doing running a little more frequently, and am beginning to love doing it. I just finished my first 10K at the Tinker Belle run in Jan. that was definitely an adrenaline rush.
Old 03-05-2014, 04:19 PM   #10
mblondie0509
Mouseketeer

Ooooh my signature says we leave 10 months from today!

Old 03-21-2014, 03:36 AM   #11
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

My son (7) and I will be on this cruise after 6 nights at the villas at the wilderness lodge. This will be his winter break so it's nice to get on a secretly priced supposedly off season trip! Haven't been on the Dream before so I'm looking forward to it. We were on the Fantasy this year. Loved the Aquaduck and the midship detective agency game.
Old 03-21-2014, 08:28 PM   #12
LisaAJ
Mouseketeer

Is the Detective game on the Dream too? It looks like fun!

My son has started becoming obsessed with the Bermuda Triangle lately (after reading a book) so we have been looking up where it is. Imagine my horror when I realise we are cruising in the Bermuda Triangle!! He said is glad we are so far away because he NEVER wants to go there. Lol, oops!! Hopefully Mickey can convince him of his safety once we get there!!
Old 03-21-2014, 09:20 PM   #13
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaAJ View Post
Is the Detective game on the Dream too? It looks like fun! My son has started becoming obsessed with the Bermuda Triangle lately (after reading a book) so we have been looking up where it is. Imagine my horror when I realise we are cruising in the Bermuda Triangle!! He said is glad we are so far away because he NEVER wants to go there. Lol, oops!! Hopefully Mickey can convince him of his safety once we get there!!
It is!!!
Old 04-04-2014, 08:34 PM   #14
Farnsworthkids
Earning My Ears

Smile Hi

We are on this cruise with all of you. We are coming from Arizona. Happy to see there will be other kids my sons age. He will be 9. We booked for March of this year but had to move our cruise back. Looking forward to getting to know you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wests4Disney View Post
I do not see a sticky for the 2015 Dream Cruises. Does that mean the shorter cruises don't do the FE, or Meets?

We are on the Jan. 5th, 2015 Dream Cruise (4 days). We are celebrating our oldest son's graduation from High School. Can't wait....it has been quite some time (3 years) since our last cruise and we are looking forward to this one.

My son is especially looking forward to the aquaduck water slide. He wants to slide out the side of the ship and back through the tube. That is his main reason for wanting to do the Dream. We have done the Wonder and the Magic, but are excited to get onto one of the "newer" ships.

He is also looking forward to dining with us in Palo, since he will be of age to dine there.
Farnsworthkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 02:21 PM   #15
mblondie0509
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farnsworthkids View Post
We are on this cruise with all of you. We are coming from Arizona. Happy to see there will be other kids my sons age. He will be 9. We booked for March of this year but had to move our cruise back. Looking forward to getting to know you
Hi there! My son will turn 10 on our Castaway Cay day...I couldn't imagine a better way to spend my birthday!

Hope you are staying cool in AZ...my son's father lives in Phoenix and I know they are boiling already! We are just glad for some 60 degree days here in IL.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: