Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2013, 05:31 PM   #1
daphne0904
Earning My Ears

Cruise ships on-time?

Hi! I know that the advise not booking a flight out until after 12:30. Would a noon flight be risky? Are ships often late into port? I'm not the gambling type, but would rather fly out at noon, if possible, than wait until the next flight (which is in the early evening...). thanks!
daphne0904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:47 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by daphne0904 View Post
Hi! I know that the advise not booking a flight out until after 12:30. Would a noon flight be risky? Are ships often late into port? I'm not the gambling type, but would rather fly out at noon, if possible, than wait until the next flight (which is in the early evening...). thanks!
Are you asking about Port Canaveral? DCL recommends flights after 11:30, so a noon flight would be fine. Other ports have different times.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2013, 05:49 PM   #3
linkandclover
Mouseketeer

We have often taken flights at 11:30. Just make sure to debark early rather than later and you should be fine. Also have Disney do your airline check in and baggage tags so you only have to go through security.
linkandclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:49 PM   #4
danfromca
Earned his ears, now wants yours
Slept with 500 or so passports
Stumbling will probably be my primary mode of transportation by then

Quote:
Ships are very rarely late into port. However, delays do sometimes occur with customs clearing passengers to depart. That's where the risk lies, more than the late arrival.
danfromca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:54 AM   #5
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You hit right on the head..your not the risk taker type!

As prevously posted............it rarely happens, the ships are usually on time.......but there is also rare but they do happen..........customs delays, bus or car mechcanical problems, traffic delays, delays in airport security to consider.

Hope it works out for you!

AKK
Tonka's Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:02 AM   #6
Moxin
Mouseketeer

Bah, our last two DCL cruises we had a 10:30 am flight out of MCO. Made both of them with 45 minutes to spare.
Moxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:32 AM   #7
tvguy
Sailed on:The Mermoz, Norway, Nordic Prince, Sovereign of the Seas, Amsterdam, Magic & Pride of America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxin View Post
Bah, our last two DCL cruises we had a 10:30 am flight out of MCO. Made both of them with 45 minutes to spare.
That's amazing. My concern isn't with the ship, my biggest concern are security backups at MCO, and little bit of concern if it is a week day getting caught in traffic on the way to the airport.
Although ASTA (American Society of Travel Agents) recommends you be at MCO 2 to 3 hours before flight time because of a pattern of security backups at MCO.......so 45 minutes is really by the skin of your teeth.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: