Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2013, 03:29 PM   #1
JimNE
Earning My Ears

Quiet proposal/engagement extras?

Hello all!

Forgive this new anonymous account, but I'm planning to propose to my gf on our very quick two-day trip in April, which will be a complete surprise for her. I think I have all the basics figured out, but wanted to see if anyone had any ideas for little extras or touches that I haven't thought of yet.

She's definitely a very shy person, so I went in with the plan to keep things as quiet and private as possible for the actual proposal, though I still want to keep it super fun and in full Disney fashion She grew up about five minutes from Disneyland and went there all her life (plus her mom works for Disney), but has never been to WDW before, which is why we decided to tack on an extra two days to a pre-planned Florida trip to visit family.

We'll be driving in super early on a Monday to drop off our bags at POR, and hit up AK during the day. I plan to not head back to the room all day as I'm hoping to have Disney Florist do a little secret decorating while we're out and about for our return that night. There was a Mickey and Minnie in love package that caught my eye.

From there, we'll head to Magic Kingdom for a bit to show off what's different from California. The big plan is to then head over to GF where I've booked the private/intimate dining experience at 8p. I'm known to do a few over the top things for no real reason, so I'm hoping it won't raise any suspicions (she's already asked that we go "all out" during our trip there and do as much as we can). The fireworks are supposed to start at 10p, which is about when we should be finishing up.

I hope to pop the question at that point. Do you have any ideas on how to involve our server, or something I can buy beforehand to make it a little fun? I think I saw some kind of glass slipper that we could get engraved, or I think the private dining said they can offer a chocolate slipper dessert along with the ring.

Depending on how tired we are (we're night owls), we may head back to MK at that point since they're open late with extra magic hours, or we may just go back to the room, where the decorations should be in place

I also booked an engagement photo shoot the next morning at Epcot, which is where we'll be spending the entire day. She's been bugging for a local photo shoot for a while, so I'm thinking I'll let her know that we may take a few pics with just the photopass people, so maybe to bring a dress or something nice to look good in. She's a foodie, so I'm hoping to poke around the world showcase and snack and drink all day, though I do have reservations in Mexico that night.

I also plan to purchase some of the old "just engaged" pins online before the trip since it sounds like you can't get them anymore.

Lastly, we've been on a super strict budget lately, and she hasn't done much for herself. So a few days before we leave, I'm hoping to get her a girl's day booked to get her hair and nails done, which should make her feel all the prettier for the photo session.

Any other fun ideas or tips? I don't mind doing a little more planning or ordering of fun extras. I'm super excited and just hoping it all comes together relatively well with only minor hiccups along the way to make it fun and memorable!
JimNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:39 PM   #2
WDWLover75
Mouseketeer

Sounds perfect. Lucky girl! Good luck, have some tissues in your pocket! Is there any chance you can get her to the spa before your photo shoot?
WDWLover75 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2013, 04:41 PM   #3
WDWLover75
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWLover75
Sounds perfect. Lucky girl! Good luck, have some tissues in your pocket! Is there any chance you can get her to the spa before your photo shoot?
Oops I get it. Spa day before you leave FOR Disney. Not a spa day before you leave Disney.
WDWLover75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:04 PM   #4
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Your contact for the dinner at the GF can help you if you want to have the ring presented to your girlfriend in the white chocolate Cinderella slipper—you would just have to sneak it to your butler at some point during the meal or on the walk from the lobby to your meal.

Getting the glass slipper sold by Arribas Bros. at Downtown Disney for the presentation could be trickier. GF private dining *might* be able to get it for you or have you order it via WDW's Merchandise Guest Services. Or they might tell you you have to get it on your own and drop it off at some point. I'd go for the white chocolate slipper - it's easier! And those suckers last forever if you can keep them away from heat!

You have a lot of wonderful plans here, so my only suggestion would be arranging to have a cosmetologist show up 2 or more hours before the photo shoot to do your fiancee's hair and makeup (they can help you figure out the best time). Even people who don't usually wear a lot of makeup can benefit from a natural application for photos, and some of us wouldn't go near a camera without it!

Here is Disney's list of recommended vendors who will come to your hotel room, although there are many many others in the area who are also good. A quick Google search will turn up more possibilities.

About Face
400 S. Orlando Avenue, Ste. T
Winter Park, FL 32789
407-647-2700
bridalbeauty.com
www.aboutfacedesignteam.com

Beauty on Site
407-252-6114
hairandmakeup@hotmail.com
www.onsitebeauty.com

Candi Ekstrom
321-277-6022
CandiEkstrom@aol.com
www.expressweddingsflorida.com

Lisa's Magical Weddings
407-816-4141
407-851-5612
weddingsbylisap@aol.com
www.lisasmagicalweddings.com
Other languages: Spanish

Weddings on Location
407-656-6351 or 321-278-6088
quepasa01@aol.com
www.quepasamakeup.com

Beaute Speciale
321-299-2843
info@beautespeciale.com
www.beautespeciale.com
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:07 PM   #5
monica9
DIS Veteran

This is perfect!! Congrats in advance
Disney as a child: '82 CR,'84, CR,'85 CR,'87 CR,'88 CR,'89 CR....Disney as an adult: '03 off property, '04 off property, '10 1 day off cruise, '11 CBR (DD first trip!), 2012 WL, 2013 December 2013 BC Hoping for Fall 2015
DH(40) : Me(34) DD(6)
monica9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:14 PM   #6
Sheldora
Disney Wedding here I come!

Sounds like you have it all planned out!! Sounds great!! You could get her the mickey bridal ears and you the tux ears for some of your pics. If you cant get her to grab a dress, ask her mom or friend to grab one from her closet and pack it for you!
Sheldora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:00 PM   #7
JimNE
Earning My Ears

Ohhh, nice, and thank you!! Ears, cosmetologists, and white chocolate slippers I love it all!
JimNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:22 PM   #8
DisneyDudet
Disney Music Addict!

Just Engaged buttons are available. In fact, when my fiancé proposed to me in front of Cinderella Castle in the Rose Garden, she had them on her! It was a wonderful day! We saw a few around that trip. When we checked in at BWV last month, they had them there. I would imagine you could get them when you check in at POR (making sure she's not around, of course!).

It all sounds lovely!!

Morgan, RN
Next up:
Princess Half Marathon- CSR and AKL-K
Off Site-6/90, 1/03, 6/09, 8/09, 2/11 POFQ-6/92, 12/08, ASMu-6/95, POR-6/97, 6/00, FW, 6/02, BWI-6/02, 2/13, Dolphin-6/03, 10/13 AKL-12/03, 12/05, 12/10, 2/11, 2/12 WL-5-6/05, ASSp-1/06, Swan-10/07, POP-9/08, 1/09, 4-5/09, 1/12, 12/12, ASMo-1/10, CBR-3/09, OKW-12/09, 3/10, 1/11, 6/11, BLT-6/10, 12/12, 10/13 Kidani-5/11, AoA-10/13,DLR-6/06, 9/09, 9/10, 9/11, 12/11, 9/12 DLParis-12/07, DCL-Wonder-5/02, 6/08 Magic-1/07, 6/09, Dream-2/11, Fantasy- 5/12, 10/13
"Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic." Sam Eagle (Muppet 3D)

Proud DVC Owner at Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort!

DisneyDudet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:06 PM   #9
Bewitch324
DIS Veteran

I think your plans sound wonderful and I think she will be thrilled! I agree that the white chocolate slipper dessert is your best bet...then you could always buy the glass slipper as a mememento at the park later and it would symbolize the dessert slipper.

I want to second that the Just Engaged buttons ARE still available. We got engaged in front of the partners statue in January, and while THAT photopass photographer didn't have them, he sent us over to the Rose Garden photopass person and they did have them---a whole bunch of them. You can probably get them in a number of places....But it wouldn't surprise me if your waiter at your private dining event included them for you...but you could ask just to be safe.

Good luck and have fun!!!

Brooke
Bewitch324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:09 PM   #10
Summer Daydream
Mouseketeer

I love the white chocolate slipper. It would be cute if you could order the personalized crystal slipper with your names an engagement date and have that waiting in the room, too. Good luck!!
Old 03-12-2013, 11:34 AM   #11
Lorelei528
DIS Veteran

Yep, I was going to say you seem to have it all covered nicely but to arrange for hair and makeup to come to the room before photo shoot...
Lorelei528 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: