Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2013, 09:14 PM   #1
alexandlillie
Mouseketeer

Magic - Broadway Shows in the afternoon?

A couple navigators from the February 2013 4-day cruises on the Magic (out of Galveston) indicate that the broadway-style shows are offered/repeated on sea day afternoons...plus i think i read this same thing on the forums.

This is perfect for us, because we have a three year old and 9 month old!

HOWEVER, I mentioned this to the Concierge service yesterday in planning nursery services...and he said he'd NEVER heard of this and that must've been a one-time thing.

Do you know? ON the Magic, were shows offered about 2 pm in the afternoon on sea days?

TIA!
alexandlillie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:16 PM   #2
jjje
One time I saw a guy wear cut-off jean shorts to dinner.

There were a few nights when I was on the Magic this past week.

Mom Dad and two perfectly imperfect kids Son (13) and Daughter (8)

1982-89 too many trips to Disneyland to count, 1991 Disneyland Paris, 1994 Disney World @ Beach Club, 1999 Honeymoon in Disney World @ Caribbean Beach Resort, 2001 Disney World @ All Star Music, 2004 Disney World during Hurricane Jeanne @ All Star Sports, 2005 Disney World off property, 2006 Disney World with a newborn @ All Star Movies, 2008 Disney World to celebrate surrogacy #1 @ Port Orleans French Quarter, 2010 Disneyland to celebrate surrogacy #2, 2012 Disney World @ Port Orleans Riverside to celebrate surrogacy #3, 2013 Bahamas on the Magic, 2013 Caribbean on the Wonder, 2014 Panama Canal on the Wonder
jjje is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-13-2013, 09:26 PM   #3
I❤MICKEY
DIS Veteran

It happened a few times on our 8 night magic Feb 15. It wasn't on every sea day. I'm not sure how true this is but it was quite chilly a few days. We were in jeans and jackets. No one was in the pool. I heard they did the extra shows because daytime events were super busy as a result. They had a hard time accommodating everyone. This provided something for a lot of people to do during the day.
I❤MICKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:08 PM   #4
princessmommyx3
Mouseketeer

We were on the Magic 6 day on Feb 23 and on all 3 of our sea days there was a matinee of the evening show. I think it was always at 2:00. We had great weather so I don't think that had anything to do with it. I was so glad because with 3 small kids, the 8:30 show was out of the question and we were eating during the 6:00 one.
princessmommyx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:42 PM   #5
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandlillie View Post
A couple navigators from the February 2013 4-day cruises on the Magic (out of Galveston) indicate that the broadway-style shows are offered/repeated on sea day afternoons...plus i think i read this same thing on the forums.

This is perfect for us, because we have a three year old and 9 month old!

HOWEVER, I mentioned this to the Concierge service yesterday in planning nursery services...and he said he'd NEVER heard of this and that must've been a one-time thing.

Do you know? ON the Magic, were shows offered about 2 pm in the afternoon on sea days?

TIA!
Typically, the Broadway-style shows will have a matinee performance on a sea day, if that show is the one performing that night, and the theatre isn't needed for something else (like extra rehearsals, new performers, other events, etc).

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:02 PM   #6
SnipsNSnails
DIS Veteran

We were on the 8 day Feb 15th sailing. There was no 2 PM on sailing day, not sure about the WDW day, but I doubt there was, and FriendShip Rocks was at 2 PM on the last day (at sea). There were matinees at 2:00 for Twice Charmed, Villains Tonight (even though this was our Castaway Cay Day, I think it was later like at 3:00 maybe?), Disney Dreams, and the magician. There was also a 2:30 of Wreck it Ralph in 3D in the WD theater on another day. We only went to the evening shows on the first night and last night. Other than that we went to the matinees. We thought it was wonderful and loved it.

7/1996 - CBR, 12/1998 - BC, 12/2008 - Pop DDP, 9/2011 - CBR DDP, 2/2013 - DCL Magic, 6/2013 - DL BWPPI
4 Generations Do WDW - Sept 2011 Trip Report
SnipsNSnails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:01 PM   #7
alexandlillie
Mouseketeer

yay! sounds like concierge may be misinformed.... thanks to all for sharing!
alexandlillie is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: