Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2013, 05:50 PM   #16
Kim1964
Was intimidated by her bug, but don't worry she's conquered it!

We chose DCL for our first cruise, which we just took last month on the Dream. We've gone to WDW annually since 2004 and love the quality of the parks and the resorts. We decided that we should stick with a brand we know and trust for our first cruise.

We were right to do so. It really was a Dream come true, and I can't wait to go back in 2014.
Kim1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:06 PM   #17
sunryzez
Mouseketeer

The kids club. My daughters love it especially my oldest who hates everything ( and I mean everything) I t was so great seeing her with a smile for once =)

For me it was Palo, Bingo, the spa(rainforest room) and just the overall atmosphere.
Im sooo hooked, I think about it WAY too often...lol

sunryzez is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2013, 06:20 PM   #18
ChristinaDK
Just like we dreeeeeaaaamm it

We will do our first next year. The main reason is: it's Disney!!!

ChristinaDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:47 PM   #19
sorceressk
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dexter
The ships. They are absolutely beautiful. When in port, it's so nice to look at all the ships and see that your's is by far the most beautiful one. The Dream class ships are also technology marvels, very cool.

I'm almost embarrassed to admit it, but I love the characters too!
Lol! There's nothing embarrassing about loving Mickey!

Quality of service. Ain't no one does service like the mouse.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:50 PM   #20
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajz90 View Post
Clean, family atmosphere.

Quality.
TLSnell1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:12 PM   #21
TammyAlphabet
DIS Veteran
Life Member - "exclusive tag fairy club"
Enjoys sour grapes

The shows!
TammyAlphabet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:13 PM   #22
Disney Vegas Couple
Earning My Ears

Check all of the above

First cruise ever on the Dream last October. Just 3 nights to try it out. Wish it would have been longer. All CMs perfect (especially Felice in Palo). Food great everywhere and we really enjoyed the shows. We can't wait to go again.

Taking the Wonder in May for Pacific Coast LA to Vancouver and booked Magic October 2014 for Southern Caribbean.

We love all things Disney so why look anywhere else.

DVC Owners - BCV since Oct 2012, VGF since Jun 2013
Oct 2013 BCV; May 2013 Wonder; Oct 2012 Dream, CBR; Jun 2012 POFQ; Sept 2011 CBR
Disney Vegas Couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:59 PM   #23
iluvDisneyCruise
If you can dream it, You can do it. ~Walt Disney

Good clean fun keeps me coming back. I love the awesome crew, the shows, and of course the food. I am more hooked on cruising than any other form of vacation. If everything goes great at work, I hope to cruise again with DCL next year.
iluvDisneyCruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:48 PM   #24
Silstone
Mouseketeer

The whole disney experience. They really know how to make us feel at home yet be their guest.
Silstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:52 PM   #25
MNKelly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_A_ve View Post
Nice! We had a blast the last night, specially with the 80's flashback and trivia. And looking forward to the next cruise - xmas 2014. But I do have a dummy booking still pending anyway...
OMG! We were there too! Rockin' Robin was hilarious with that blonde mullet! And how about the woman who did the back flip on stage...yeah, we were sad to have to leave.
MNKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:40 AM   #26
MyYearWithTheMouse
Disneyland In A Year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksucats View Post
Activities for kids & BYOB. Seriously, the BYOB is probably the main reason that I booked Disney in the first place. It was the way I justified paying Disney prices after talking to family friends who had bar bills over $1000 on other cruise lines.
Not gonna lie--the BYOB was a huge draw for us as well. We have racked up serious wine charges on other cruises, knowing that we were overpaying for "meh" wine. I know that makes me sound like a lush, but we collect and drink fine wine (sipping a glass now! ) and like to enjoy it with good food.

But the #1 reason for us is being kid-friendly. We've only taken one Disney cruise and DS was 2, so he didn't participate in the clubs, only the nursery, but the little touches were fantastic. The fact that the bathrooms had tubs instead of showers makes it so much easier to wash the little ones. The curtains separating two parts of the room so the kiddo could sleep while we could still do some reading. The kid-friendly meals and great service--our DS got a new Hot Wheels car every night for dinner (I'm not above bribing my children for good behavior--it worked!) and our asst. server made sure to take a few minutes to "admire" his new car and drive it around on the table and so on. The shows were totally kid-appropriate and the characters were a nice addition as well.

To be completely honest, if we were taking an adults-only cruise it wouldn't be on DCL (probably Celebrity) but if you're bringing kids, I don't think DCL can be beat.

Shelby, head My Year With The Mouseketeer
MyYearWithTheMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:25 AM   #27
kirkaliciasmom
Mouseketeer

The Disney experience!

kirkaliciasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:11 AM   #28
GladysP
Earning My Ears

I have to agree with everything that everyone has mentioned. For my husband and myself, Disney is hands down a cut above the others. It keeps us coming back time after time. We tell everyone that they absolutely should give a Disney cruise a try ‘cause they will not be disappointed.

Something that I wanted to mention is the fact that word of mouth about the amazing Disney experience truly is oh so important. It’s the reason why our 23 year old son who has been cruising with Disney since he was a preteen, raves about it to his friends and family members. He describes everything in such a way that even though at first the other young people give him weird looks for recommending “Disney” as a hip and happening cruise place to be” by the time he’s done, you can see the interest and genuine curiosity on their faces.

It’s also the reason why my father-in-law who had his first ever cruise experience on the Disney Dream back in December came back from the cruise and raved about it to anyone and anyone who would listen.  So much so, that his preacher and his family now have a Disney cruise booked. Oh and to add the icing to the already fabulous Disney cake, why my husband and I are cruising in September with his brother and sister-in-law and his best friend and his wife. I do believe this says it all!!!!!! 
GladysP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:17 AM   #29
MinnesotaMouseketeers
DIS Veteran

Cast members
Broadway style show
Our son had a blast in the kids clubs
Wife and I had a blast with the adult entertainment options
PALO
Rotational dining
Rainforest room

We keep going back because DCL has never disappointed us. We have done a three, four, seven (eastern), and 15 night (Wonder PC) cruise.

We have a four night Dream booked this winter 2013 and a seven night Fantasy for winter 2014. First time on these ships and we can't wait
Disneyland 1975, Off site/Big Red Boat 1987, Port Orleans/Wonder 1999, Off site 2000, Poly/Wonder 2004, CBR/Eastern Magic 2007, WL 2009, GF/Wonder Panama Canal 2011, POR 2012, AKL/Dream 2013, All Star Music/Fantasy Eastern 2014, Numerous ports of call to other countries
More fun stops: CA-LA, San Diego, San Fran. & wine country, NM-twice (all over), AZ-twice including Grand Canyon, CO-all over, SD-Black Hills & Badlands, MI-UP, Isle Royale & Mount Pleasent, TX-S. Padre Island twice and San Antonio, WI-All over including Apostale Islands, IA-Quad City area, WY-Devils Tower, AK-Kantishna Roadhouse at Denali NP, Anchorage, Seward, MT-Glacier NP, Ireland 2012, BWCA six trips - 2013 last one
MinnesotaMouseketeers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:21 PM   #30
littleacceb
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyYearWithTheMouse View Post
Not gonna lie--the BYOB was a huge draw for us as well. We have racked up serious wine charges on other cruises, knowing that we were overpaying for "meh" wine. I know that makes me sound like a lush, but we collect and drink fine wine (sipping a glass now! ) and like to enjoy it with good food.

But the #1 reason for us is being kid-friendly. We've only taken one Disney cruise and DS was 2, so he didn't participate in the clubs, only the nursery, but the little touches were fantastic. The fact that the bathrooms had tubs instead of showers makes it so much easier to wash the little ones. The curtains separating two parts of the room so the kiddo could sleep while we could still do some reading. The kid-friendly meals and great service--our DS got a new Hot Wheels car every night for dinner (I'm not above bribing my children for good behavior--it worked!) and our asst. server made sure to take a few minutes to "admire" his new car and drive it around on the table and so on. The shows were totally kid-appropriate and the characters were a nice addition as well.

To be completely honest, if we were taking an adults-only cruise it wouldn't be on DCL (probably Celebrity) but if you're bringing kids, I don't think DCL can be beat.
I'm so happy to read this... We've booked and I'm so excited but I'm still terrified that I'm doing it too early and should be waiting until our children are school-age. To hear that you had such a great time with a 2-year-old is fantastic news.
littleacceb is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: