Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2013, 08:27 AM   #1
TravelAgentJen
Thats what my fam calls me

Garden Wing Contemp????

Does staying in the garden wing close the gap of convince of this hotel. I've walked the walkway and its 10mns to front door of Contemp and then the walk to your room, then the walk to go to food court and pool. I don't know it seems u might be walking more then your saving with "the monorail resort." Any opinions?
Old 03-06-2013, 09:19 AM   #2
Cinderumbrella
Wench

I've stayed in the wing twice and the tower once. I never felt like it was inconvenient to walk to the wing (1 less elevator ride, especially when coming from the pool or the bus stop).

Does it take a bit longer to refill your mug? Sure, but we rarely use them anyway.

It was still a shorter walk than getting from the monorail platform at the GF to Conch Key, for example.

It is also a covered walk which is great during a FL downpour.
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Cinderumbrella is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2013, 11:40 AM   #3
Lisann
Mouseketeer

I really love the garden wing...it is SO LESS chaotic than the tower. I never noticed a huge amount of "time" involved walking around this resort, whatever the reason/purpose. Or maybe I'm just a fast walker.

I've stayed at: Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk Inn, Beach Club, Yacht Club and Port Orleans Riverside, Dolphin.
Lisann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:34 PM   #4
phewms
Mouseketeer

We just returned from the CR - Garden View Wing. It was lovely. We were able to watch Wishes from our room, my train loving son had a view of the monorail line, AND we had a nice view of the Tower, BLT, the pool and beach.

Being 30 weeks pregnant, I did find the walking to be more than I expected, but as the week carried on, I got used to it. We ate breakfast at Contempo Cafe every morning with the exception of our ADR for Chef Mickey's one morning. We weren't on the meal plan so no need to fill mugs.

If we book again, I will definitely book a Garden Wing.
phewms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:13 PM   #5
chloelovesdisney
DIS Veteran

You all are very lucky, I've never once found an available garden room available when we were traveling there. We don't usually book our room to a few months out, Contemporary only every has had the most expensive rooms open when I've wanted to stay there.

How far ahead have you booked them?

chloelovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:32 PM   #6
DisneyHardin
DIS Veteran

When we stayed at the Contemporary, I did find the Garden Wing to be a pain. We stayed there before the mugs were part of the dining plan, so I didn't buy one because I knew I would walk over there just to get some soda. We were in the VERY back of the wing near the lake. If we were closer to the tower I might have not minded so much. DH said we were not staying there again unless we could afford the Tower.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:49 PM   #7
davedmaine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelAgentJen View Post
Does staying in the garden wing close the gap of convince of this hotel. I've walked the walkway and its 10mns to front door of Contemp and then the walk to your room, then the walk to go to food court and pool. I don't know it seems u might be walking more then your saving with "the monorail resort." Any opinions?
People stay in the garden wing because it costs less. If you can swing it, go for one of the towers
davedmaine is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: