Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2013, 07:20 AM   #181
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslieann1024 View Post
Gotta love the pics with Baxter ! So cute !
Thanks. We think he's pretty cute, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpoohandcompany View Post
Love the look of LEGOLAND Great photos-looks sooo empty
Was it expensive to get in? Far to drive to?
Don't know that we'll ever make it as we tend to buy UK disney tickets which while good value overall are still expensive so I tend not to buy additional tickets for anything if we are at WDW. But every few years or so we stay off-site and visit other places to keep it a little cheaper so maybe LEGOLAND will be in my future
Yes, it is quite expensive. They also have a waterpark (which we didn't do). Adults are in the $60 range and kids $50s. If you add in the waterpark, it's a bit more (but a better deal). 12 and under is considered a kid so with the coupons we had, we paid for 2 adult tickets and 1 kid. The coupons are pretty easy to come by. I wanted to skip Legoland because of the cost, but Connor really wanted to go. And I'm glad we went as it was probably our favorite day of the trip.

It was about a 45 minute drive. It would be longer if there had been traffic.

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
Old 04-28-2013, 08:17 AM   #182
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
Yes, it is quite expensive. They also have a waterpark (which we didn't do). Adults are in the $60 range and kids $50s. If you add in the waterpark, it's a bit more (but a better deal). 12 and under is considered a kid so with the coupons we had, we paid for 2 adult tickets and 1 kid. The coupons are pretty easy to come by. I wanted to skip Legoland because of the cost, but Connor really wanted to go. And I'm glad we went as it was probably our favorite day of the trip.

Thanks for all the info Carissa! It looks lovely at legoland, so much less frantic than the Disney parks . Bet Connor loved every minute of it!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-28-2013, 09:07 AM   #183
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

I figured I was way behind, but looks like I was just a couple of posts behind.

Love Stitch and the Bear posed in the bathroom, that is too cute! Here is my photo from one of our trips

The campfire looked like fun.

I've wondered if I would like TT. Glad you got one Monorail ride in, sometimes it's fun just to take it from TTC to Epcot to ride through Epcot.

Love that they started food booths during F&G, of course, they just found a way to make more money.

You went around Legoland the same way we did. Were the boys not interested in the little boats? And you are right about the flight coaster, it is very rough. Obviously made for kids because it hurt my head banging around where it was positioned.
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012, POR Sept 2013, GF Sept 2014

My DH wants another trip to WDW?!?! MNSSHP, F&W, and Diagon Alley A PTR for Sept 2014

Minions take over the MK and cause havoc at Gringott's
Old 04-30-2013, 06:25 AM   #184
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for all the info Carissa! It looks lovely at legoland, so much less frantic than the Disney parks . Bet Connor loved every minute of it!
It was definitely a more relaxed day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmskinner View Post
I figured I was way behind, but looks like I was just a couple of posts behind.

Love Stitch and the Bear posed in the bathroom, that is too cute! Here is my photo from one of our trips

The campfire looked like fun.

I've wondered if I would like TT. Glad you got one Monorail ride in, sometimes it's fun just to take it from TTC to Epcot to ride through Epcot.

Love that they started food booths during F&G, of course, they just found a way to make more money.

You went around Legoland the same way we did. Were the boys not interested in the little boats? And you are right about the flight coaster, it is very rough. Obviously made for kids because it hurt my head banging around where it was positioned.
Do you mean you wonder if you'd like the new TT? I'm sure you've been on the old one.

Are you talking about the boats you drive? Connor was the only one interested--just haven't gotten to that part yet.

My parents are currently visiting and I'm in the final two weeks of my classes so another update might be slow to come. But once things calm down, I will get to posting updates much more quickly.

Old 04-30-2013, 08:24 AM   #185
MamaJessie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The coupons are pretty easy to come by. I wanted to skip Legoland because of the cost, but Connor really wanted to go. And I'm glad we went as it was probably our favorite day of the trip.

Great info on legoland. DH is the one that will probably head off with DS to go and he feels like he will be missing out, I'll have to pass along this info so he feels better about it

Old 04-30-2013, 09:27 PM   #186
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

I took one bite of the salmon/cheddar in the bun and spit it out. I swear it was bad ground bologna. My husband looked at me like I was nuts. I told him to eat it, and he said if you spit it out, you think I want to eat it?
He wasn't a fan at all of the Food and Wine. He went to Germany and got a Brat, a stupid Brat. In Wisconsin, people have fund raisers grilling brats and hamburgers and selling them. Plus my family thinks they have to eat them at least once a week in the summer. I refuse to eat something that is 99.9% pure fat.

Loved the LegoLand pictures. I wanted to go find it, but we went to Boggy Creek AirBoat ride to find alligator's. Felt like such a redneck.
Old 05-01-2013, 05:07 AM   #187
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

My parents are currently visiting and I'm in the final two weeks of my classes so another update might be slow to come. But once things calm down, I will get to posting updates much more quickly.
Enjoy this special family time.

Congratulations to Chuck on his retirement! I hope he gets the perfect job quickly. My dad went in the AF at 17 and retired after twenty years. He got to see pretty much every part of the world, except he was disappointed that he never got to go to Australia. He worked for the Post Office after he retired.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:43 PM   #188
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Glad you are feeling better.
Looks like fun times at Legoland. I would love to go just to take pics there. LOL
Old 05-03-2013, 11:34 AM   #189
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Do you mean you wonder if you'd like the new TT? I'm sure you've been on the old one.

Are you talking about the boats you drive? Connor was the only one interested--just haven't gotten to that part yet.

Yes, meant the new TT, rode the other one so many times.

Oops, didn't mean to jump ahead.

Have a great time with your family!
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012, POR Sept 2013, GF Sept 2014

My DH wants another trip to WDW?!?! MNSSHP, F&W, and Diagon Alley A PTR for Sept 2014

Minions take over the MK and cause havoc at Gringott's
Old 05-04-2013, 10:35 AM   #190
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaJessie View Post
Great info on legoland. DH is the one that will probably head off with DS to go and he feels like he will be missing out, I'll have to pass along this info so he feels better about it
I hope he enjoys it as much as we did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post

I took one bite of the salmon/cheddar in the bun and spit it out. I swear it was bad ground bologna. My husband looked at me like I was nuts. I told him to eat it, and he said if you spit it out, you think I want to eat it?

He wasn't a fan at all of the Food and Wine. He went to Germany and got a Brat, a stupid Brat. In Wisconsin, people have fund raisers grilling brats and hamburgers and selling them. Plus my family thinks they have to eat them at least once a week in the summer. I refuse to eat something that is 99.9% pure fat.

Loved the LegoLand pictures. I wanted to go find it, but we went to Boggy Creek AirBoat ride to find alligator's. Felt like such a redneck.
We eat beer brats every few weeks or so here as my boys love them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Enjoy this special family time.

Congratulations to Chuck on his retirement! I hope he gets the perfect job quickly. My dad went in the AF at 17 and retired after twenty years. He got to see pretty much every part of the world, except he was disappointed that he never got to go to Australia. He worked for the Post Office after he retired.
Thanks Caren! He was supposed to have an interview yesterday, but there were some issues that had to be worked out first. So he's supposed to have it rescheduled for next week. He also has another interview on Wednesday as well as a phone interview that same day. Things are looking up! I'm also hoping to have an in-person interview soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Glad you are feeling better.
Looks like fun times at Legoland. I would love to go just to take pics there. LOL
You would love miniland! Can't wait to post all of the pictures from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmskinner View Post
Yes, meant the new TT, rode the other one so many times.

Oops, didn't mean to jump ahead.

Have a great time with your family!
Thanks Melissa! We had a wonderful visit. They just left this morning. Kind of looking forward to getting back to normal as it's been a busy few weeks with two sets of visitors. I have one more week of classes and then things will hopefully calm down.

Old 05-05-2013, 03:26 AM   #191
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Good luck to both you and your husband on the job-hunting. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you
Old 05-05-2013, 07:02 AM   #192
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good luck to both you and your husband on the job-hunting. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you
Thanks sweetie! It's a bit scary transitioning from the military life to the civilian world--especially in our current economy. But things are looking up. I had a phone interview last week for a part-time job as a breastfeeding counselor of sorts with our city's WIC program. It would be a perfect job for me so I'm hoping to hear back from them this week.

I should be able to get another update up tomorrow.

Old 05-06-2013, 04:13 AM   #193
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks sweetie! It's a bit scary transitioning from the military life to the civilian world--especially in our current economy. But things are looking up. I had a phone interview last week for a part-time job as a breastfeeding counselor of sorts with our city's WIC program. It would be a perfect job for me so I'm hoping to hear back from them this week.

I should be able to get another update up tomorrow.
Really hope that you get the job Carissa Sounds like it would suit you perfectly! I can only imagine how strange/scary it must be for Chuck (and you) and I hope the right job will come along soon. How are the boys feeling about the prospect of you going out to work? Will they have to start a new school? Exciting times for you all Good luck with everything
Old 05-06-2013, 08:41 AM   #194
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Really hope that you get the job Carissa Sounds like it would suit you perfectly! I can only imagine how strange/scary it must be for Chuck (and you) and I hope the right job will come along soon. How are the boys feeling about the prospect of you going out to work? Will they have to start a new school? Exciting times for you all Good luck with everything
If I got this job, it would only be 15 hours a week and a lot of it would be taking calls at home. The older two would continue to be homeschooled (they turn 13 and 11 this month so can be home alone for periods of time with no problem) and Connor has already decided he wants to try public school in the Fall. The bus stops right outside our house every morning and his friend already attends. I'm not sure how long he'll want to stick with it once he experiences the reality of school, but I feel I should give him the chance to try it. He's very excited about it.

There's a possibility we'd have to move at some point depending on where Chuck gets a job. Right now all of the interest in him is from companies that are about 4 hours north of us (Washington D.C. area). If he gets a job up there, he'll find an apartment to stay at during the week and come home on weekends. We just don't want to give up the house yet and that area up there is so expensive to buy a house in. We lived up there for 6 years and could never afford to buy.

Old 05-06-2013, 12:48 PM   #195
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Day 5 - Part 2

Okay! Our visitors are gone and this is my final week of classes! Hopefully my life will calm down a bit after this week. Although we did recently take in a bunny to foster. Our current zoo consists of:

1 miniature schnauzer
2 cats
1 Russian tortoise
1 Netherlands dwarf bunny

Here are a couple of pictures of the cutie we've started calling Copper:

On to the trip report!

We'd just finished lunch at LEGOLAND and it was time to continue on. Connor wanted to do the boat driving school so he and I headed over there while Chuck took the other two to check out some stuff.

The boat was a lot of fun!

Next we headed over to the bathroom and to catch up with the others. This was one of my favorite Lego creations of the day:

Sully rode the last coaster while we waited with the younger two on a different ride. But the wait was pretty long so we gave up on it. Owen decided he wanted to do the coaster so Sully waited with Connor while the three of us rode. It was like a 4X4 truck. Pretty cool. The view at the top was awesome as you could see the water in the distance. I rednecked our photo.

Then it was time to hit miniland. What an amazing sight! We were all so impressed with the creations in there and had a great time walking around, looking at everything. The first part was all Star Wars stuff.

continued in next post...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: