Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2013, 04:05 PM   #166
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
I'm sure the younger kids love all of the activities that go along with it.

Owen is nice enough to always be willing to pose for me. Except no one was overly interested in getting pictures taken with characters this trip.
We haven't had pictures with the characters for a few years now as the oldest 2 have outgrown them and the youngest would run a million miles if they came close to him He only likes seeing them from a distance - like away over there in a parade type distance But hey at least we don't have to queue up for autographs anymore !
Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
That is HYSTERICAL! Better than a towel animal.

Love the pin and the spring pancake
ditto
You seem to have got an amazing housekeeper too-love that Stitch and Big Bear were attending to their personal needs while you were out!!!

Last edited by luvpoohandcompany; 04-18-2013 at 04:20 PM.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:58 PM   #167
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Great Update and pics.

I will have to try the regular line on TT. I hated the FP line. Seems like it was a good day.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-18-2013, 08:15 PM   #168
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

Flower and Garden looks great! I really wanted to make it there this year but it's not going to happen...
Not that I need sympathy since I have a great trip planned for August!

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
Old 04-19-2013, 07:04 AM   #169
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That is HYSTERICAL! Better than a towel animal.

Love the pin and the spring pancake
I agree. I thought it was a lot more fun than towel animals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogirl'smom View Post
Haven't been on here much in the last couple of years, but I just recently started scanning the trip reports. I was glad to see one of yours--the boys have really gotten big! Enjoying reading about your adventures at the cabins.
Thanks for stopping by!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpoohandcompany View Post
We haven't had pictures with the characters for a few years now as the oldest 2 have outgrown them and the youngest would run a million miles if they came close to him He only likes seeing them from a distance - like away over there in a parade type distance But hey at least we don't have to queue up for autographs anymore !
Yeah, I don't have patience for long lines so we only ever do pictures with characters if there is no wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Great Update and pics.

I will have to try the regular line on TT. I hated the FP line. Seems like it was a good day.
I'm glad it wasn't just us. Seems others haven't been thrilled with the new TT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
Flower and Garden looks great! I really wanted to make it there this year but it's not going to happen...
Not that I need sympathy since I have a great trip planned for August!

Amanda
The food kiosks were a lot of fun.

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
Old 04-19-2013, 11:07 AM   #170
Goofster57
What if the “Hokey Pokey” really is what it’s all about?

Location: On the other side of that invisible line that I just can’t help crossing some times

Quote:
A bear? I always figured you slept with a stuffed Goofy.
Well, Do we really know what Goofy is???

Quote:
I don't remember. It was some Disney movie!
Imagine that a Disney movie...Oy Vey

What were the prices for food at the Kiosks?

Great update!!!
Old 04-19-2013, 08:10 PM   #171
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Saw these and thought they were neat:

I took some pictures of these, too. I think something like this - on a much smaller scale - would be a fun craft/learning activity for my students.

Quote:
At this point, the crowds were really starting to get to us so we knew it was time to head out. We did stop at MouseGears and bought some pins. I loved this one!

It opened up:

Probably my favorite pin ever.
I chose the same one. I looked at the AP pin, but I liked this one better.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:32 AM   #172
disnic75
Joe Rohde is so cool!

Smile

Hi, Carissa! I am enjoying your trip report!

My husband and I have traveled to Orlando several times with our Maltipoo. We have mostly stayed at Universal Resort hotels since they are pet-friendly and used Best Friends on the days that we went to Disney parks. We have had good experiences at Best Friends but just cannot bear to leave her overnight. What can I say, she is our only "child" and very spoiled.

I have recently discovered that you can rent a pet-friendly camper that is delivered and setup at Fort Wilderness which has pet-friendly loops and a dog walk. We are renting from Greenberg RentaCamper for our trip next month.
I am so excited to stay on Disney property with my doggie

Old 04-22-2013, 07:21 AM   #173
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofster57 View Post
Well, Do we really know what Goofy is???
Do we have to know what he is in order to cuddle with him in bed?

Quote:
What were the prices for food at the Kiosks?
Expensive. Many were $3.50 - $5.00 and barely enough for one serving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I took some pictures of these, too. I think something like this - on a much smaller scale - would be a fun craft/learning activity for my students.

I chose the same one. I looked at the AP pin, but I liked this one better.
You mean a special Flower and Garden pin for AP holders?

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnic75 View Post
Hi, Carissa! I am enjoying your trip report!

My husband and I have traveled to Orlando several times with our Maltipoo. We have mostly stayed at Universal Resort hotels since they are pet-friendly and used Best Friends on the days that we went to Disney parks. We have had good experiences at Best Friends but just cannot bear to leave her overnight. What can I say, she is our only "child" and very spoiled.

I have recently discovered that you can rent a pet-friendly camper that is delivered and setup at Fort Wilderness which has pet-friendly loops and a dog walk. We are renting from Greenberg RentaCamper for our trip next month.
I am so excited to stay on Disney property with my doggie
Thanks! Yes, I'd thought about the whole camper thing. My concern is Baxter would bark a lot of the time we were gone to the parks and then I'd worry about him disturbing other campers. I think I'd have a harder time enjoying myself in the parks thinking of him back in the camper alone.

It was hard seeing others walking their dogs around the campground and not having Baxter with us.

Old 04-23-2013, 01:23 PM   #174
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Day 5 - Part 1

First off, sorry for taking so long between updates. My brother, niece and nephew were visiting from Maine last week and I ended up with an allergic reaction to a sulfa medication I was taking. After dealing with being sick since Disney, I think I am finally healthy again and off all medication!

Day 5

We were up by 7 this morning and out the door by 8. We were headed to Legoland. I’m not sure if I’d mentioned previously, but our military tickets were 4 day park hoppers so we had a couple of non-Disney park days in our schedule. Connor LOVES legos and has wanted to visit Legoland ever since we heard it opened in Florida.

The drive over there was easy. Traffic was light and we spotted some hot air balloons during the trip. A great start to the day.

We arrived at the park right around 9. It opened at 9:30 so we had plenty of time to park and get our tickets. We had two coupons which allowed the two younger boys to get in free.

It was a beautiful, but chilly morning.

We were the first ones in line and probably could have been chosen to help open the park, but my boys weren’t interested. After we entered, we headed to the back and made our way counter clockwise around the park.

We had it to ourselves! After the crowds at Disney, this was so refreshing.

Sully rode the coaster while the younger two did this ride:

Then Owen decided he wanted to ride the coaster so Sully went back with him. I took Connor to the play area.

Then it was on to one of my favorite attractions of the day. It’s similar to Toy Story Mania/Buzz Lightyear. The first time through our guns weren’t working. But they let us stay on and go again. I thought it was a lot of fun.

Then Sully, Owen, and I went on Coastersaurus (think that’s what it was)—a wooden coaster. This one was fun! Just my speed. A red-necked photo for you (Sully was in the very front and didn’t make the picture):

We all headed over to Ford Driving School. All of the boys wanted to do this, but the line was long.

This car made out of Legos was really cool!

Sully really liked it.

We all waited in line for a bit, but then Sully, Owen and I decided to go do another coaster. Chuck and Connor waited it out since Connor really wanted to do it.

This coaster was very short and very jerky. I wasn’t a fan.

We decided to head over and get some lunch while we waited for Chuck and Connor. We ate some chicken sandwiches. The food was okay--typical theme park food. Before we finished our lunch, Chuck and Connor had joined us.

I’m going to stop here. I took a bunch of pictures of miniland that I want to share so I’ll do that next time.

Up Next - Day 5 - Part 2

Last edited by carissanboys; 05-06-2013 at 12:54 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:49 PM   #175
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

All caught up thanks to your chapter links! I LOVE the F&GF pin. So cute!

I had to smile when you said you didn't head to New Fantasyland at Rope Drop. We didn't either....not much interest from my boys. We did Space Mountain first.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:25 PM   #177
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Quote:
They were a bit, uhm, indisposed…

I love it!

You can really tell that the boys are transitioning from the "little kid" stuff to the the things that appeal to "big kids."

Your F&WF pix were great. It's fun to eat around the World (but a bit time-consuming.)

Looking forward to more,

Kathy
Old 04-24-2013, 08:07 AM   #178
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
All caught up thanks to your chapter links! I LOVE the F&GF pin. So cute!

I had to smile when you said you didn't head to New Fantasyland at Rope Drop. We didn't either....not much interest from my boys. We did Space Mountain first.
The only one who had any interest in Space Mountain (I've done it once and that was enough for me) was Sully, but he didn't feel he needed to ride it. At one point we were in Tomorrowland and he was going to try, but the wait was too long.

Quote:
I think we missed our window on legoland but it always looks so darn cute. Bummer that the line at the Ford Driving School was so long
I loved Legoland. Such a fun park. But if we didn't have Connor, I'm not sure it would have been as enjoyable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
I love it!

You can really tell that the boys are transitioning from the "little kid" stuff to the the things that appeal to "big kids."

Your F&WF pix were great. It's fun to eat around the World (but a bit time-consuming.)

Looking forward to more,

Kathy
Thankfully the food kiosks had little to no lines so stopping at them for food was quick.

Old 04-24-2013, 06:08 PM   #179
Leslieann1024
Mouseketeer

Gotta love the pics with Baxter ! So cute !
Old 04-25-2013, 08:00 AM   #180
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Love the look of LEGOLAND Great photos-looks sooo empty
Was it expensive to get in? Far to drive to?
Don't know that we'll ever make it as we tend to buy UK disney tickets which while good value overall are still expensive so I tend not to buy additional tickets for anything if we are at WDW. But every few years or so we stay off-site and visit other places to keep it a little cheaper so maybe LEGOLAND will be in my future

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: