Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 08:25 AM   #106
ilovetexas
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecllap View Post
One of the reasons I booked an inside room with no verandah was because I knew with my luck I'd be next to or above a cigar smoker, or at least cigarettes. My allergies never turned into full-fledged asthma, but I would not be able to sit out on a verandah with a nearby smoker. I hope I don't have to walk a route regularly that passes by a semi-open smoking area -- I hate those in airports. And then, lots of smokers will go "outside" to smoke, but leave the door open, so the smoke goes inside anyway.

Good luck to all of you in getting a clear air verandah -- I hope you all breathe easily on your trips.
I've got a clean air verandah starting next weekend....on Celebrity, where they don't allow smoking in staterooms or on verandahs.

As for rules to change, how about a nice compromise for the dress code at dinner? Three dining rotations, three different requirements and the cruiser gets to choose. Rotation one - always dressed up for dinner and formal on formal night. Rotation two - cruise casual (nice jeans, polos, etc.) Rotation three - anything goes (wear your shorts and t-shirts if you want). And the dress code in rotations one and two are ENFORCED, as in you don't enter the dining room if dressed for a rotation lower than the one you picked!

Then everyone is happy!! But we won't have nearly as many dress code threads on the DIS.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:30 AM   #107
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew517
I would like to see them eliminate the requirement for each cabin having two adults.
I have a family of 6 and have to get 2 cabinsey . I wish I could pay for what I have two adults, 17, 15, 12 and 9.
What you are paying for is the first 2 people in each room at full price. It doesn't matter how old those people are. So you'd like to see them have separate adult and separate kids priced and stick to that no matter how many adults and kids are in each room. If they did that Disney would be the first to do it because every cruiseline charges full price per passenger for the first 2 ppl in the room. I travel with just a 6 yo. He's full price every time. Even singles have to pay for practically the full price of the room as if there were 2 ppl in it. There's something called a single supplement where they have to pay 75-90% the total cost for the room. Sometimes they offer that. The analogy about the hotel room makes sense. The room is the same price no matter what ages the people are who are staying in it. You don't get a discount because some of those people are children.

Last edited by luv2sleep; 03-09-2013 at 09:53 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-09-2013, 08:40 AM   #108
ChrisCastig
Earning My Ears

Something I haven't seen mentioned is I feel like if you are 18-20, and in international waters, you should be able to purchase beer and wine, with parents permission. I went to Bermuda on NCL when I was 19 and it was nice to have a beer at dinner.

Of course, once I got onto the island, that was when the fun started.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:56 AM   #109
MinnesotaMouseketeers
DIS Veteran

Another vote for NO SMOKING on verandahs.
Disneyland 1975, Off site/Big Red Boat 1987, Port Orleans/Wonder 1999, Off site 2000, Poly/Wonder 2004, CBR/Eastern Magic 2007, WL 2009, GF/Wonder Panama Canal 2011, POR 2012, AKL/Dream 2013, All Star Music/Fantasy Eastern 2014, Numerous ports of call to other countries
More fun stops: CA-LA, San Diego, San Fran. & wine country, NM-twice (all over), AZ-twice including Grand Canyon, CO-all over, SD-Black Hills & Badlands, MI-UP, Isle Royale & Mount Pleasent, TX-S. Padre Island twice and San Antonio, WI-All over including Apostale Islands, IA-Quad City area, WY-Devils Tower, AK-Kantishna Roadhouse at Denali NP, Anchorage, Seward, MT-Glacier NP, Ireland 2012, BWCA six trips - 2013 last one
Old 03-09-2013, 09:26 AM   #110
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikisha421 View Post
This I would love to see happen!!!
Why are two adults necessary ?

I'm one adult with a 10yr and a 10 month..,surely I don't need adult supervision with them at home so why is it necessary on vacation?
It has nothing to do with supervision. Two adults are not necessary in a cabin but pricing of the cabin is that you pay the same price for the first 2 people in a cabin regardless of age. You can't pay 1 adult rate and 1 child rate if there are only 2 people (1 adult, 1 child) in a cabin...you pay for 2 adults.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

)“DON'T BE SAD IT'S OVER, BE HAPPY IT HAPPENED!!
Old 03-09-2013, 09:48 AM   #111
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Please keep on track. Any more posts being rude or sarcastic will be issued violations. Keep on topic and stop arguing.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

)“DON'T BE SAD IT'S OVER, BE HAPPY IT HAPPENED!!
Old 03-09-2013, 09:53 AM   #112
GBBTomorrow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikisha421

This I would love to see happen!!!
Why are two adults necessary ?

I'm one adult with a 10yr and a 10 month..,surely I don't need adult supervision with them at home so why is it necessary on vacation?
I don't think it's that you have to have two actual adults in the room. I think the concern is that they charge the first two people in any room the full adult fare. ??

Back to the original post, what is the rule about the verandah door? I don't know what this one is. Does that mean I can't sleep with it open? It's not a huge deal, but I was looking forward to that.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:17 AM   #113
NCConch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MND View Post
Excellent topic! For starters, I would like to see DCL forbid visible tattoos on their ships.

Mike
Did I get rerouted to the Baptist Cruise Line forum by accident?

1st Disney Cruise - Dec 26-29, 2013 on the Dream

Old 03-09-2013, 10:22 AM   #114
FJS961
DIS Veteran

I wish they would change some policies regarding concierge bookings
Old 03-09-2013, 10:27 AM   #115
Genie-In-Training
Earning My Ears

Let's get to more important rule changes. How about for 3 hours every day, we kick out the kids and let the adults go play in the kid's clubs!:rot fl2:
Old 03-09-2013, 10:33 AM   #116
MillauFr
Buzz & Woody

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew517 View Post
tattoos today, people with big noses tomorrow, people overweight the following, people with brown hair after that, people of color following that.
Soon it will be a blonde hair blue eye white in shape only cruise.

Stop focusing on others focus on yourself and your family and you'll have a great cruise.
+2
Old 03-09-2013, 10:34 AM   #117
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Completely smoke free ships.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:36 AM   #118
justmestace

Thinks California needs Disney cruise ships!
Has snorkeled all over the Bahamas and the Caribbean

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell 766

I don't believe this post!!! How is a pregnant stomach offensive at all. Surely it is a beautiful sight!!!!
MINE certainly wasn't! Can you say stretch marks?

Last edited by justmestace; 03-09-2013 at 11:11 AM.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:41 AM   #119
WaltD4Me
PS...I tried asking for water cups once
I am actually a princess

Not that I saw it enforced at all, but I think all the dinners should be cruise casual. Shorts are fine by me, the only thing I would not allow is tank tops...mostly for the men (and maybe some women) I found that everyone overpacked a little because of the dinner dress rules, but we saw plenty of people wearing shorts, mostly nice longer ones, which I thought were fine. I can see maybe not for Royal Palace, but at Animator's? We all went casual that night.
Lisa 1980 Poly, 92' Grand Floridian, Oct 98 Teddy & Doll Convention, Dec 2004 POFQ, May 05 40th Birthday!, May 06 OKW 41st Birthday! May 07 OKW 42nd Birthday! Feb 08 Pirate & Princess Party! Oct. 08 at OKW! 1st Solo Trip May 09! / November 2010 at OKW, 2013 at WDW and Crusing on the Dream
Old 03-09-2013, 10:45 AM   #120
justmestace

Thinks California needs Disney cruise ships!
Has snorkeled all over the Bahamas and the Caribbean

Quote:
Originally Posted by MND

I don't think the cabins hold more than 5.

Mike
The Walt & Roy suites on the Magic & Wonder sleep six. With the actual sleeping capacity for eight.
They made a huge mistake, in my opinion, with the Dream & Fantasy, by not having MORE two bedroom suites, rather than less.
Although from a business standpoint, they knew exactly what they were doing. This way, people DO have to pay more to get two separate rooms. Paying for two full adult fares in two rooms......

EDITED.....they sleep 7.

Last edited by justmestace; 03-09-2013 at 11:58 AM.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: