Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 03:24 PM   #16
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Couldn't care less about the shorts and don't see how it can be a "rule" when there is no enforcement whatsoever. at least Palo and Remy enforce.

I get the reason why they have it, but I would get rid of the onboard booking rule that says you can book only one future cruise. Two would be cool.

Quote:
One other thing I'd like DCL to do is add the kids' club counselors to the tipping list or allow you to tip them. They work as hard as anyone else on the staff & are by far the best of any cruiselines, taking care of our precious ones. I always bring gift cards/candy/etc for them but would like to be able to tip them as well.
They're not tipped because they are paid enough that they don't need the tips to make up the bulk of their salary. I'm glad of that no-tipping rule because I sure don't want to be tipping everyone who is not already in a customarily tipped position.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:49 PM   #17
PrettyPrincessJen
AKA "MomBomb"

Also not to start an argument or be a "hater" but no smoking on the Verandas would be my suggestion.
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2013, 03:52 PM   #18
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyPrincessJen View Post
Also not to start an argument or be a "hater" but no smoking on the Verandas would be my suggestion.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:04 PM   #19
Reddy
Scrapbooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyPrincessJen View Post
maybe have smoking on only one side but have it noted which one you are getting at time of booking (something tells me that the non-smoking could get an extra charge because so many more people will pay it)

I"m crossing my fingers to do a cruise in a couple of years so I read when I get a chance - didn't know some of those rules so it is nice to learn
Old 03-08-2013, 04:30 PM   #20
MND
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
Really? Just curious, and not questioning your opinion in any way because of course, its yours and that's absolutely fine, but is it all tattoos that bother you or just the really huge ones, with skulls and snakes, etc?

I have a one inch pink rosebud just above my right ankle. I don't think you would ever notice it unless you were looking for it.
Mostly, I don't like big, loud, nasty ones. I'll let you keep yours.

Mike

I also like the proposed weight limit rule on bathing suits. And while I'm at it, I would like to see DCL ban excessive visible body piercings. I'm also not a big fan of facial hair, but I'll let guests slide on that one ..... for now.

Mike
Old 03-08-2013, 04:42 PM   #21
sunryzez
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MND View Post

Mike

I also like the proposed weight limit rule on bathing suits. And while I'm at it, I would like to see DCL ban excessive visible body piercings. I'm also not a big fan of facial hair, but I'll let guests slide on that one ..... for now.

Mike
I really hope you are just trying to be sarcastic because if not you are being very rude.
Peoples height/weight/tattoos are noone else's business.
I am short, thin, and have three tattoos if you find me offensive when you see me on the ship please let me know!

On a serious note, I love dcl and honestly cant think of any rules that bother me. I don't love the no saving seat rule for the live shows because I always feel rushed after dinner to get a good seat but I understand why they implement it.

Old 03-08-2013, 04:45 PM   #22
Steve Dexter
Would rather be at Satellite Falls

I enjoyed seeing all the tats, sometimes I felt like I was the only one that didn't have at least one. Worst thing is, now I think I want one!
Old 03-08-2013, 04:45 PM   #23
Justacruiser
Military Veteran

They should have security guards with weapons at the entrances of adult only areas and check ID's. And turn folks around that have violated my weight allowance for proper bathing suites. As I always say, "why do the wrong people always wear the right bathing suits"?

2014 - 4 Cruises: 2-Dream (B2B), 1-Fantasy, 1-Magic
2013 - 7 Cruises (Grand Slam): 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 2-Dream (B2B), 2-Wonder (B2B)
2012 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 1-Dream (non-traditional B2B Fantasy/Dream)
2011 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 2-Dream
2010 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2009 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2003 - 1 Cruise: Wonder

Magic-7, Wonder-5, Dream-7, Fantasy-3
3 Day Cruises = 4, 4 Day Cruise = 7, 7 Day Cruises = 9, 8 Day Cruises = 2, B2B Cruises = 4, Grand Slam (4 ships 1 year) = 1 (so far)

Upcoming Cruises:
(23) 7 Night Eastern Caribbean Fantasy - 12/14
(24) 7 Night Fantasy - 10 Hawaii - Disney Wonder 2015
Old 03-08-2013, 04:58 PM   #24
MND
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunryzez View Post
I really hope you are just trying to be sarcastic because if not you are being very rude.
I am short, thin, and have three tattoos if you find me offensive when you see me on the ship please let me know!

On a serious note, I love dcl and honestly cant think of any rules that bother me. I don't love the no saving seat rule for the live shows because I always feel rushed after dinner to get a good seat but I understand why they implement it.
No, I'm not being sarcastic at all and I'm not being rude. The OP asked and I answered.

Mike
Old 03-08-2013, 05:09 PM   #25
darkwing818
DIS Veteran

For me it's not so much; what rules I would like to add, eliminate or change. The way I see it, it's Disney's Ships they should set the rules. The problem I have is that the some rules don't seem to be universally enforced e.g. No saving lounge chairs, no children under 18 allowed in the adult areas etc. etc... But if push came to shove, I'd like to see them ban smoking on the entire ship, & I like a good cigar every now & then..
Old 03-08-2013, 05:19 PM   #26
disneydreamer82
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
I'd like for them to get rid of this waiting until 75 days out (or whatever) to book excursions. All the other cruiselines I've been on allow you to book your excursions pretty much any time after you book the cruise. This waiting around stuff and having everyone in a particular class trying to book all at once at midnight is nonsense.

Sayhello
I agree!

:
Old 03-08-2013, 05:20 PM   #27
Blanche_Neige
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justacruiser View Post
They should have security guards with weapons at the entrances of adult only areas and check ID's. And turn folks around that have violated my weight allowance for proper bathing suites. As I always say, "why do the wrong people always wear the right bathing suits"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MND View Post

Mike

Mike
You forgot to mention back hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwing818 View Post
For me it's not so much; what rules I would like to add, eliminate or change. The way I see it, it's Disney's Ships they should set the rules. The problem I have is that the some rules don't seem to be universally enforced e.g. No saving lounge chairs, no children under 18 allowed in the adult areas etc. etc... But if push came to shove, I'd like to see them ban smoking on the entire ship, & I like a good cigar every now & then..
I agree with the non smoking, adult area being for 18+ ONLY

I would only add sibling can visit each other in the Clubs (lower level, i.e. the 7 year old cannot go to the tween go teen club, but have to older sib can visit them). Just saying that because i was told my 13y old cannot visit my 11y old in the Lab and he really wants to go to.

one more Servers cannot say the word "Excellent"
March 2011- All Star Sports + 1st trip to US offsite
Oct 2011 - Dream + POP + MNSSHP
March 2012 - US offsite + DTD shopping spree (I need my fix )
Feb 2013 - Disneyland off site 1st time!
March 2014 - DCL Dream
Old 03-08-2013, 06:03 PM   #28
erinfarber
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretty Princess Jen View Post
Just out of curiosity, not a smoker myself. We had no problem at all with the 2 rooms on each side of us smoking on their veranda's. We spent several hours each day/night on our verandas, as did the 2 smoking rooms that surrounded us. We knew they were smoking on their veranda, we could see the smoke, but never had any issue with it due to the wind of the cruise ship at sail. In all honesty, it was never an issue for us, the winds were strong enough,that we never smelled or felt bombarded by smoke in any way. I can honestly say, we never had a problem with both neighbors smoking on their veranda's. However, if you are docked at one of the ports, and the ship is standing still , this might be a big issue. I guess it is .. to each their own, we as non- smokers were fine with both neighbors smoking on their verandas, as long as the ship was in motion.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:09 PM   #29
linkandclover
Mouseketeer

I actually like the Disney rules because to me they are far less strict than other cruise lines. We did RCL and I was not allowed to bring a can of Red Bull on board. Disney lets you even bring your own alcohol. There is a curfew for kids on RCL, Disney doesn't seem to care as my 15 year old was out until 4am most nights (never really saw him). RCL would not let my husband enter MDR in between meals even though he left his lens cover on the bench.
How you dress for dinner doesn't really matter and although swimwear in MDR seems underdressed to me I really could care less (and I tend to be overdressed for the occasion).
Enforcing the no kids in the adult area is the only change I would like to see but then I never said anything to the couple who had their daughter there because she was just sitting there calmly.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:24 PM   #30
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunryzez

He's not being rude, the op asked for opinions. That's the first time I've seen someone really against them though. I never realized they bothered people. I don't have them because they aren't my thing, but my husband and twin 19 year olds do, so if y'all don't like em, don't go on the oct 20th cruise, lol

Based on the other thread, I would like to see thongs and banana hammocks banned.

And please don't kill me but I'd love smoking banned. It's not that I care what other people do, it just makes me nervous with fires on a ship. Just my own thoughts.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: