Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2013, 12:04 PM   #1
tweetie
Mouseketeer

Help May or September

We have booked the week of September 14th but my DH said we could go the week of May 4th if I want, can't afford both, which would be better crowd and weather?

Thanks
tweetie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:12 PM   #2
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

We loved the complete lack of crowds during our trip last September. The weather is a roll of the dice, but it worked out great last year and we are betting on it again since we are booked for September 6-15th this year. May would still avoid the summer peak, but our choice is Sept.
GrandCalifornian is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2013, 12:24 PM   #3
MommyJen
Earning My Ears

I've been the first week of May and the last week of September. We preferred the weather and crowds in September. Weather was suprisingly a little cooler and the crowds seemed much less. We're going back the last week of Septmember again this year.
MommyJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:31 PM   #4
CamnWS6
Earning My Ears

We went the second week of September last year and there was not much of a crowd at all. Most of the rides at MK were walk up and walk on the day we went. The temps were in the High 80's low 90's for the most part, but didn't really seem to be that bad. I don't think there was to much humidity. We are going down there May 4th this year.

CamnWS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:23 PM   #5
delaneyc52
First trip 1971...

Another vote for September!! But let's keep the low crowds a secret ok?

Contemporary; Caribbean Beach; Coronado Springs: Polynesian; Wilderness Lodge; Animal Kingdom Jambo; Animal Kingdom Kidani; Boardwalk; Beach Club; Port Orleans; Saratoga Springs; Old Key West; Grand Floridian; Bay Lake Towers; Vero Beach; Hilton Head
delaneyc52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:24 PM   #6
2manydaves
Mouseketeer

Beter crowd level -- September
Better weather -- May
2manydaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:40 PM   #7
tweetie
Mouseketeer

Thanks for all the replies, I think I am going to keep my September reservations
tweetie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:11 PM   #8
Disneyaunt4
I wonder what they put in that waxy little stick that make my lips crave it
I am a huge animal lover
No chili this year

Another Sept. vote, I go every year in Sept. low crowds and also the Halloween Party. If you can afford the party I highly recommend it, so much fun and a GREAT parade.
Disneyaunt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:15 PM   #9
VAfamily1998
DIS Veteran

In 2012 I went in May for the first week of Star Wars weekends, and in September (20-23, if I remember correctly?)

I much preferred May.
Weather was MUCH better. Crowds seemed about the same to me, except in HS around the Star Wars stuff.

I also enjoyed going to the Flower and Garden festival, which had it's last weekend while I was there.

We did the Mnnshp in September, but it POURED rain, and they had to delay the parade and fireworks, cancel some of the smaller shows, and didn't even do the headless horseman for the parade. It was disappointing.
VAfamily1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:20 AM   #10
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetie View Post
Thanks for all the replies, I think I am going to keep my September reservations
I have been twice during September and once in May and I thought both times were great. The weather was about the same as were the crowd levels. But with that said, I think you made a great choice as September is good since you can go to MNSSHP .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:28 PM   #11
MrsB919
Mouseketeer

Another vote for September. The crowds are low. We have been able to make it on all the rides and repeat some without crazy lines. We have gone the 3rd week and the weather has been great. MNSSHP is a must!

(Me) (Hubby) (Tanky) : (Ony) (Michey)
5/14- BCV, 9/13- CBR & DCL Fantasy, 9/12 -BWI,12/11 -POP, 9/11- Wedding & Honeymoon GF & DCL,
4/11,7/10,3/08 etc. (to many to count)- Offsite
MrsB919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:16 PM   #12
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Sept is an awesome month to go because of low crowds. May is nice but Sept is better. MNSSHP is ridiculously fun and AMAZING. for this reason alone id pick sept!

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:58 AM   #13
twe1vestone2
Mouseketeer

I've gone 3 times in May, closer to the beginning. It was NEVER too crowded, though now that I said that the next time I go I'll be waiting for 120min for Space Mountain lol

I've been 2x in September, there was one time (about 3rd week or so) where it was uncharacteristically crowded. It was nothing compared to the summer, but when one goes in September one expects some elbow room...possibly even some nice empty photos of Mainstreet to take home!

Weather was great in both months, no matter when we went. I have heard its supposed to be "hurricane season" during the fall, but we never got too bombarded with rain any time we went in September (though I dunno about any of you but that would never keep me out of a park haha). I'll say September was possibly a HAIR cooler at night.

I THINK....TTHHIIIINNKKKKK....from what I can remember, the hours were later in May (which I like because I'm a night owl).

Either way from what I've experienced, which is 3 trips in may, 2 in september (and 1 in mid october which was horridly crowded), May and September were great times to go!
May 2010 (Beach Club Villas)
December 2010 (Animal Kingdom Lodge,Boardwalk Villas)
twe1vestone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:01 AM   #14
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

both are great

May - flower and garden - which is pretty great - love the music

Sept - MNSSHP and if they have free dinning this year - it will probably be in Sept.

the weather is about the same in both - Hurricane season starts June 1 and goes to Nov 30. but there have been hurricanes in May - did not effect Orlando however.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: