Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-24-2013, 08:38 AM   #61
moorhunhe
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: belgium
Posts: 278

I see "tennpins" is in the red list, but here is my experience with him:

It may took a few days longer for him to post the pins (or to mark it as send, that could have been the issue aswell), but I bought 2 pins from him, and everything went super.

This was around New Year.

About 3 weeks ago, I asked a friend of mine in the US (as he won't ship worldwide anymore), to buy a pin from him for me, so she did, and also that pin arrived to her safely.

And they were the real deal aswell.
__________________

DLRP 15x
moorhunhe is offline  
Old 03-24-2013, 06:01 PM   #62
kr0n0s
Earning My Ears
 
kr0n0s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1

Excellent list and a definite must for noobie collectors/traders/buyers. I'm wondering if anyone has anything good or bad to say about seller "funstuff824" He has 100% rating but all/most his pins say used and show discoloration on the back with no backer board. I'm not sure if this is a red flag or him/her trying to cover all the bases?

Thanks again, and a great site!
kr0n0s is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-24-2013, 08:21 PM   #63
plutoislove
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 9

spartankid34 green!

Please add spartankid34 to the green list. She is an excellent seller with brand new pins at reasonable prices. A couple months ago I bought some new Vinylmation sets. Shipping was super fast, packaged nicely, and the pins were 100% authentic, and new in the package!

I would highly recommend spartankid34! Take a look, she has great reviews. Also sells some vinylmations!

Last edited by plutoislove; 03-24-2013 at 08:30 PM.
plutoislove is offline  
Old 03-24-2013, 08:21 PM   #64
haveamagicalday2
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by kr0n0s View Post
Excellent list and a definite must for noobie collectors/traders/buyers. I'm wondering if anyone has anything good or bad to say about seller "funstuff824" He has 100% rating but all/most his pins say used and show discoloration on the back with no backer board. I'm not sure if this is a red flag or him/her trying to cover all the bases?

Thanks again, and a great site!
I just bought 3 from funstuff824 and I had no complaints
haveamagicalday2 is offline  
Old 03-25-2013, 12:55 PM   #65
SupernaturalMommy
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 266

x

Last edited by SupernaturalMommy; 12-04-2013 at 06:59 PM.
SupernaturalMommy is offline  
Old 03-25-2013, 07:01 PM   #66
kensethfan
P-p-p-lease say it's Disney time!
 
kensethfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 33

Just received a lot of 25 pins from bizzybee1. This was a lot done the right way--3 random sets of 7 and a set of 4, in their original packaging, including the Disney price tags. Our DS11, the big Stitch fan, has his eyes on 2 of the pins, but the rest are headed to our trading lanyards.

At the price we paid, we'll definitely buy there again. Much better than waiting and paying full retail at the parks.

If it hadn't been for this thread, I wouldn't have known to look for bizzybee1 and the other green-list sellers. Thanks, SupernaturalMommy and everyone else who's contributing.
__________________



7/1975 MK (day trip) | 12/1986 | 3/1998 US (day trip) | 2/2004 | 7/2005 | 12/2006 Swan | 7-8/2008 | 6/2009 RPR (UO) | 2/2010 POFQ | 6/2012 | 5-6/2013 | Coming soon: 12/2014 CSR
kensethfan is offline  
Old 03-25-2013, 07:18 PM   #67
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!
 
pixiewings71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Suisun City CA
Posts: 22,299

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveamagicalday2 View Post
Hi

I have a question!

I am a seller listed in red, and am very concerned with this. Although my business does not seem to be impacted by this, I still value the opinions on this board and my reputation

The post indicates sellers in red sell scrappers, which I definitely do not! All of the discussion/feedback related to my selling on this forum that is negative actually states that I do NOT sell scrapper pins, but instead focuses on my attitude. The negative comments made by my attitude come from a competetive seller, and are years old! The period of time related to my alleged bad attitude is long, long past and I have definitely focused on changing any negative aspects, as I always try to improve when possible based on any feedback. Is there any way to change this? Any feedback or advice is very, very welcome, and thanks in advance to anyone who replies!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kensethfan View Post
Just received a lot of 25 pins from bizzybee1. This was a lot done the right way--3 random sets of 7 and a set of 4, in their original packaging, including the Disney price tags. Our DS11, the big Stitch fan, has his eyes on 2 of the pins, but the rest are headed to our trading lanyards.

At the price we paid, we'll definitely buy there again. Much better than waiting and paying full retail at the parks.

If it hadn't been for this thread, I wouldn't have known to look for bizzybee1 and the other green-list sellers. Thanks, SupernaturalMommy and everyone else who's contributing.
Please PM me with your eBay name. As a frequent contributor to the threads I may be able to help.
__________________
Kerri DBF DD18 DD14

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.


eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline  
Old 03-25-2013, 08:02 PM   #68
kensethfan
P-p-p-lease say it's Disney time!
 
kensethfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
Please PM me with your eBay name. As a frequent contributor to the threads I may be able to help.
I wasn't sure if this was intended for me or haveamagicalday2, but I'm presuming not me. I'm in good shape, pixiewings71. Those pins that we are going to trade were purchased for exactly that reason; DS getting a couple of Stitch pins in the lot was just lucky for him. I am just glad the list and tips here kept me away from scrappers.
__________________



7/1975 MK (day trip) | 12/1986 | 3/1998 US (day trip) | 2/2004 | 7/2005 | 12/2006 Swan | 7-8/2008 | 6/2009 RPR (UO) | 2/2010 POFQ | 6/2012 | 5-6/2013 | Coming soon: 12/2014 CSR
kensethfan is offline  
Old 03-25-2013, 08:07 PM   #69
haveamagicalday2
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 25

further info

bizzybee1 and other green list sellers buy from me and resell, yet I am listed as red. I don't understand
haveamagicalday2 is offline  
Old 03-26-2013, 09:53 AM   #70
jennabras
Earning My Ears
 
jennabras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 19

I believe that I received a lot of 25 fake pins from ffc on ebay.
I didnt know there was a problem with fakes until I started looking up what I got and found all these warnings. Wish i had known better! And I'm so upset that people do this!
I bought them for my kids Easter baskets, and I know they would be just as excited to get them, but I cannot financially support someone who sells fakes.
Some are obviously glaring fakes. Bad paint jobs, rough edges, border edges, etc. I reported this to seller, am returning them and asked for a full refund.
jennabras is offline  
Old 03-26-2013, 10:10 AM   #71
casanova5
Mouseketeer
 
casanova5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 187

Yea ffc is in the red list iam so sorry this happenned to you
__________________
DHDWDS13DS12DS8: mickeybarDS2DS1
casanova5 is offline  
Old 03-26-2013, 12:14 PM   #72
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!
 
pixiewings71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Suisun City CA
Posts: 22,299

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensethfan View Post
I wasn't sure if this was intended for me or haveamagicalday2, but I'm presuming not me. I'm in good shape, pixiewings71. Those pins that we are going to trade were purchased for exactly that reason; DS getting a couple of Stitch pins in the lot was just lucky for him. I am just glad the list and tips here kept me away from scrappers.
No sorry, I meant to respond to say thank you for your feedback.
__________________
Kerri DBF DD18 DD14

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.


eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline  
Old 03-26-2013, 07:07 PM   #73
mamamac
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 398

So I was an idiot and didn't know that this thread existed. I purchased some on Ebay from 423disneypinfreak and then started reading about "fake pins". I am not a collector, nor do I trade pins, but I wanted to use them for a FE project. I do have to say that I did receive the pins quickly, but I only received 49 out of the 50, and 14 of them were definite scrappers. I sat here for hours on end and googled every single pin, looked on a website that explained what the "scrappers" look like. I then came across this thread during my google and there she is right there in the red. I did contact her immediately and she sent out 15 pins which I received and none of them appear to be fake. However she wants the scrappers back which is fine, but I'm sure she will throw them right back in her mix.

I appreciate all that has been put into this thread. Now I know if I need more who to buy from. Thanks!!
__________________
Sarah

4/2002 - Family Reunion at Contemporary
5/2009 - Family fun with neighbors and inlaws at Windsor Hills
5/2010 - A "Re-do of the Re-do Vacation" at Wilderness Lodge
5/2011 - Contemporary with Oma and Opa


June 2013 Looking forward to our first cruise with the family!
mamamac is offline  
Old 03-26-2013, 10:57 PM   #74
SupernaturalMommy
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 266

x

Last edited by SupernaturalMommy; 12-04-2013 at 06:59 PM.
SupernaturalMommy is offline  
Old 03-27-2013, 09:00 AM   #75
spartankid34
Mouseketeer
 
spartankid34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NH
Posts: 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutoislove
Please add spartankid34 to the green list. She is an excellent seller with brand new pins at reasonable prices. A couple months ago I bought some new Vinylmation sets. Shipping was super fast, packaged nicely, and the pins were 100% authentic, and new in the package!

I would highly recommend spartankid34! Take a look, she has great reviews. Also sells some vinylmations!
Hey, that's me! glad to see that someone took the time to add me here!
__________________
Upcoming Trips:

Past Trips: College Graduation Trip August 2011!!! [POP Century] August 1997 [AllStar Sports]

1st PTR August 2011 - Hey you're a college graduate, let's celebrate!!

Me Mom
spartankid34 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: