Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 08:28 AM   #31
giraffemel
Earning My Ears

Seller greatgifts4lessdollars

Hi Everyone!
I'm new here, but have been lurking for some time planning my trip. I want to buy a few pins to start my daughter's collection and for trading on our first trip in November. Thanks for this thread - so helpful!

I want to make sure I'm buying genuine pins for trading, and have found a great lot being sold by ebay seller greatgifts4lessdollars. They have only 33 feedbacks, however the pins look okay at first glance? Any thoughts on this seller?

Thanks!
Old 03-20-2013, 11:20 AM   #32
regdent
Earning My Ears

I am new to buying pins just trying to get a few for my son to trade in the summer. I bought 6 pin lot from a seller in Florida for $2 a piece all were scrapper pins, the color and quality are really bad.

Bad Seller was bms2183

I thought with the seller being in Florida, not selling large lots, and great feedback i would be safe, word of advice to anyone who is new the scrapper pins are laughable they look so bad, you would be embarrassed to even display them on a lanyard. Only buy from users who are on the green list here, its not worth trying to save a buck or two and take a risk with an unknown seller.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-20-2013, 11:48 AM   #33
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by giraffemel View Post
Hi Everyone!
I'm new here, but have been lurking for some time planning my trip. I want to buy a few pins to start my daughter's collection and for trading on our first trip in November. Thanks for this thread - so helpful!

I want to make sure I'm buying genuine pins for trading, and have found a great lot being sold by ebay seller greatgifts4lessdollars. They have only 33 feedbacks, however the pins look okay at first glance? Any thoughts on this seller?

Thanks!
It's hard to say based on the photo they have, my advice would simply be "buyer be aware", meaning that you may get scrappers and you may not. Because I haven't purchased from them before I hesitate to say they are bad but would definitely use caution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regdent View Post
I am new to buying pins just trying to get a few for my son to trade in the summer. I bought 6 pin lot from a seller in Florida for $2 a piece all were scrapper pins, the color and quality are really bad.

Bad Seller was bms2183

I thought with the seller being in Florida, not selling large lots, and great feedback i would be safe, word of advice to anyone who is new the scrapper pins are laughable they look so bad, you would be embarrassed to even display them on a lanyard. Only buy from users who are on the green list here, its not worth trying to save a buck or two and take a risk with an unknown seller.
Thank You for your feedback. Based on a couple of the photos I saw I would use extreme caution when using this seller.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
Old 03-20-2013, 11:52 AM   #34
SupernaturalMommy
Mouseketeer

x

Last edited by SupernaturalMommy; 12-04-2013 at 06:19 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:18 PM   #35
giraffemel
Earning My Ears

Thanks Pixiewings and SuperNaturalMommy. It is the lot on the card that I'm looking for - particularly because my daughter LOVES Periwinkle and Toy Story Mania, so those would be good pins for her to *not* trade.

Being in Canada, I need to consider shipping, too, and though I can find similar lots from green sellers, the cost to ship to me brings the per-pin cost up quite high.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:29 PM   #36
SupernaturalMommy
Mouseketeer

x

Last edited by SupernaturalMommy; 12-04-2013 at 06:18 PM.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:30 AM   #37
SupernaturalMommy
Mouseketeer

x

Last edited by SupernaturalMommy; 12-04-2013 at 06:18 PM.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:46 AM   #38
SupernaturalMommy
Mouseketeer

x

Last edited by SupernaturalMommy; 12-04-2013 at 06:17 PM.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:37 PM   #39
SC3Mouseketeers
Dream May 11, Fantasy Sept 12

Does anyone know anything about an eBay seller named disney-life? They have a pin set I am interested in for my 6 yo. I've never done the pin trading before as we have only done Disney cruises in the past but we are taking her to DW in 2 weeks and I think she would enjoy. I've been reading as much as I can on pin trading and really appreciate the threads with scrapper warnings. Of course now I am leery to buy from anyone not on the green list! LOL
Thanks for any insight!
Old 03-21-2013, 06:41 PM   #40
SupernaturalMommy
Mouseketeer

x

Last edited by SupernaturalMommy; 12-04-2013 at 06:16 PM.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:38 PM   #41
SC3Mouseketeers
Dream May 11, Fantasy Sept 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupernaturalMommy View Post

I haven't bought from him for a while, but the pins were legit and shipping was prompt. Sent you a PM.
Thank you! I just replied :-)
Old 03-22-2013, 01:12 PM   #42
myAAbatteries&aTD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupernaturalMommy View Post
From the other thread. pins_surplus not currently listing any items, still in the red.

pinsurplus - judging from their feedback I would buy at your own risk. They seem to not have themselves together and send used items claiming new and take forever to ship, according to the feedback. That does not mean you will have a bad experience. Nobody here has remarked on them so it is tough to say. You can not go by feedback alone, especially when there is that large of volume. I set up a new saved search the other day and some of their items came up in it, coincidentally, and I saved them to my watch list, but I have not purchased from them and don't know if I will. If you purchase from them, please let us know how it goes.
I am going to try one of their new, sealed lots. I'll report back how the transaction goes and the condition of the pins. I'm starting early for our summer trip so I'm not scrambling at the last minute (like usual!).
Old 03-22-2013, 01:42 PM   #43
regdent
Earning My Ears

So to follow up with my scrappers ebay purchase. I opened a case with ebay and the seller has agreed to give me a refund once i have mailed them back.

My question is should i give the seller negative feedback to let other buyers know that they sent me scrapper pins?
Old 03-22-2013, 01:51 PM   #44
SupernaturalMommy
Mouseketeer

x

Last edited by SupernaturalMommy; 12-04-2013 at 06:21 PM.
Old 03-22-2013, 01:54 PM   #45
SupernaturalMommy
Mouseketeer

[

Last edited by SupernaturalMommy; 12-04-2013 at 06:15 PM.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: