Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 05:36 PM   #301
goofyboutmickey
Earning My Ears

I purchased some pins from canddjjg and found several that questionable. Especially one with Chip and Dale and Dale's nose is as black as Chip's. Others are off color and/or have a scuffed and dull finish.
They have also listed an identical set after I purchased mine.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:41 PM   #302
James G
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by maburke View Post
I filled several of those kinds of books before I decided that I needed to get more efficient. I use the binder pages that Disney sells; they're not as expensive as the books, and you can put them in the binders Disney also sells, or any other binder. Those I leave at home; I bring my traders and the sets I'm trying to complete with me.

I know other people use cork bulletin boards, which is also a cool way to display them.
Those pages they sell. I think it's like $9.99 for a pack of 5 with 5 divers. Are they good? I was thinking of picking some up and just using a binder that I have at home. Looks like they would be easy to add and remove pins from. And I could put the book on my book stand.

I get 20% off merch until Oct 6th so it might be a good idea for me to buy now.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2013, 03:17 PM   #303
mrwinky
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by James G View Post
gomf03? If so I have ordered some locking pin backs and they came in about 5 days. I just placed an order for some pins. They took a few days to ship so hopefully I get them tomorrow. I'll report back on them after I get them.

James G
I just received the lot of 50 I bought off of him on ebay, I'm no expert but im suspecting that most are scrappers, I would say 80% of them were hidden mickeys, 2 pins that I was able to use for comparison (using pin pics ) was a Yellow monorail pin the silver door outline on mine is very wide compared to the pick, the blue monorail pin the blue is very close to black color (compared with pin pics which is a lighter blue) and then on the Cast Lanyard Coupon pin (for New Orleans, haunted mansion and Pirates, with Coupon E on it) Mickey in the pics online looks black, where I got 2 of them that he is silver. I really am not looking forward to taking the time to go through them to determine scrappers, since I bought them to for the kids to trade at DL in Nov, I just might throw them in the drawer and forget about it
Old 09-25-2013, 05:40 AM   #304
maburke
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by James G View Post
Those pages they sell. I think it's like $9.99 for a pack of 5 with 5 divers. Are they good? I was thinking of picking some up and just using a binder that I have at home. Looks like they would be easy to add and remove pins from. And I could put the book on my book stand.

I get 20% off merch until Oct 6th so it might be a good idea for me to buy now.
I like them. There are pages to put in between the pin pages to protect your pins from each other. You could put pins on both sides, but it depends on how close together your pin backs are.

One thing I have found, is that they are NOT as easy to add and remove pins as the books. In the books, the pages are fabric, whereas the binder pages are a thick plastic with a sort of material covering. So it's hard to push the pin through the plastic. (I've put pins into my fingers many a time this way.) So I use my books for moving pins in and out and carrying around, and I put them in the binder pages only once, where I want them, once sets are completed.

1972: Contemporary; 1991: Radisson; 1994: OKW; 2001: BC & Disney Wonder; 2002: BWI; 2003: BCV; 2004: OKW; 2005: BWV; 2006: HHI, GCH@DL; 2007: BWV, GCH@DL; 2008: BCV; 2009: AKV-Kidani/VB & THV; 2010: BLT/BCV; 2011: VGC; 2012:OKW; 2013: VGC; 2014: DLP
Old 09-25-2013, 10:48 AM   #305
James G
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by maburke View Post
I like them. There are pages to put in between the pin pages to protect your pins from each other. You could put pins on both sides, but it depends on how close together your pin backs are. One thing I have found, is that they are NOT as easy to add and remove pins as the books. In the books, the pages are fabric, whereas the binder pages are a thick plastic with a sort of material covering. So it's hard to push the pin through the plastic. (I've put pins into my fingers many a time this way.) So I use my books for moving pins in and out and carrying around, and I put them in the binder pages only once, where I want them, once sets are completed.
Thank you for the feedback. This is good to know. I was thinking the pages were going to be nice and easy to use, easier than the pin books. I think I'll hold off until I know for sure which direction I want to go in.

Thank you again

James G
Old 09-27-2013, 02:44 PM   #306
pixi3ness
Earning My Ears

I recently had a transaction with pintradingprincess - won a pin lot via auctions and after seeing her buyer feedback and realized she bought lots of pins from 423disneypinfreak I informed her I was only interested in authentic pins. She assured me that they would be though once I received them it didn't take me long to realize they were all scrappers. Thankfully she was very friendly and helpful and immediately issued a full refund.

Old 09-28-2013, 01:17 PM   #307
peoplemover
Mouseketeer

Have just discovered this corner of DISboards. Glad this is here. Bought a 200 pin lot from deb5923 on eBay. All but about 10 pins were definitely scrappers / fakes. Not hard to discern between the pins I received & the real thing. The pins I received were way too light & thin to be real.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:35 PM   #308
James G
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwinky View Post
I just received the lot of 50 I bought off of him on ebay, I'm no expert but im suspecting that most are scrappers, I would say 80% of them were hidden mickeys, 2 pins that I was able to use for comparison (using pin pics ) was a Yellow monorail pin the silver door outline on mine is very wide compared to the pick, the blue monorail pin the blue is very close to black color (compared with pin pics which is a lighter blue) and then on the Cast Lanyard Coupon pin (for New Orleans, haunted mansion and Pirates, with Coupon E on it) Mickey in the pics online looks black, where I got 2 of them that he is silver. I really am not looking forward to taking the time to go through them to determine scrappers, since I bought them to for the kids to trade at DL in Nov, I just might throw them in the drawer and forget about it
BUYER BEWARE FOR GOMF03

Don't buy from seller gomf03. Sells fake pins and very cheap/broken locking pin backs. I mad the mistake and end up having to report the seller to ebay after he laughed my face for being stupid enough for believing he was a Christian.

Eric Sweet is a con artist. I should have know his pins when fake before ordering. Wish I would have never of bought from him.

Please don't buy from this seller. There are other sells on ebay that sell legit pins for just a few more cents per a pin and they are legit and beautiful.

I encourage to buy from bizzybee1, angelajuly, beekerlg. They sold me 100% real pins. No fakes, no scrappers, no BS. Just 100% legit real pins.

James G
Old 10-01-2013, 02:42 PM   #309
jack'smom
Mouseketeer

Anyone have any information on disneypinmad?

Thanks!
Old 10-01-2013, 10:40 PM   #310
alizesmom
Pumba is my hero but I love Donald

Also interested in DisneyPinMad. Also, is it true that you are less likely to get a scrapper if you buy a more complex pin like a pin in a pin? Lastly, we were at WDW a few weeks ago and it seemed to me that there were very few pins being sold in the parks and rare LE pins to be found. Anyone else notice this?
Old 10-04-2013, 06:31 AM   #311
maburke
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alizesmom View Post
Also interested in DisneyPinMad. Also, is it true that you are less likely to get a scrapper if you buy a more complex pin like a pin in a pin? Lastly, we were at WDW a few weeks ago and it seemed to me that there were very few pins being sold in the parks and rare LE pins to be found. Anyone else notice this?
Yes, the 3D pins are too expensive for the cheap imitators to produce.

1972: Contemporary; 1991: Radisson; 1994: OKW; 2001: BC & Disney Wonder; 2002: BWI; 2003: BCV; 2004: OKW; 2005: BWV; 2006: HHI, GCH@DL; 2007: BWV, GCH@DL; 2008: BCV; 2009: AKV-Kidani/VB & THV; 2010: BLT/BCV; 2011: VGC; 2012:OKW; 2013: VGC; 2014: DLP
Old 10-08-2013, 10:20 AM   #312
disneylover1980
Mouseketeer

I bought a bunch off ebay from several sellers...

and they all seem legit.

themuchnessofdisney-had what i wanted specifically...a little pricey, but worth getting what I wanted.

thetreasurewithinfl-i bought a general lot and had a lot of the "bigger" thick pins and all the smaller ones were in great condition (no bad edges, etc.)

can you please all them to the list for okay sellers?
Old 10-12-2013, 07:42 AM   #313
WDW in Pearls
Monograms and Minnie Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneylover1980 View Post
and they all seem legit. themuchnessofdisney-had what i wanted specifically...a little pricey, but worth getting what I wanted. thetreasurewithinfl-i bought a general lot and had a lot of the "bigger" thick pins and all the smaller ones were in great condition (no bad edges, etc.) can you please all them to the list for okay sellers?
I had great luck with themuchnessofdisney too. Anybody know anything about pinkingdom?

Old 10-12-2013, 10:26 PM   #314
alayne
DIS Veteran

Note: I have not read all of this thread so if this has been asked I am sorry.

My DS is 9 and loves to trade pins. The first time we went to Disney I purchased the starter pack and then I purchased a Duffy pack for him to trade since he didn't really like Duffy. I didn't purchase pins ahead of time.

The next time we went to Disney I went on eBay and purchased a "LOT" - it had 5 or 6 packs of Disney pins (they were in the Disney package just like the Duffy pack I had gotten at Disney) - I tried to get princess ones because I knew he would trade them and not keep them.

I was just on eBay looking for the packages (5 or 6 packs being sold together) and I don't see any. I looked up a few of the ones listed in Green on the first page but they all seem to be doing individual pins and not groups of pins.

My DS has no idea what a scrapper is but I don't want to support anyone who is doing something they aren't suppose to. However, since I am not an expert and he just does this for fun and what he likes will the CM's still trade pins if they are scrappers?

Can someone tell me someone who is currently on eBay that has groups of pins I can purchase for my son to trade? More girly ones so he will trade them and not keep them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:37 PM   #315
mafpi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alayne View Post
Note: I have not read all of this thread so if this has been asked I am sorry. My DS is 9 and loves to trade pins. The first time we went to Disney I purchased the starter pack and then I purchased a Duffy pack for him to trade since he didn't really like Duffy. I didn't purchase pins ahead of time. The next time we went to Disney I went on eBay and purchased a "LOT" - it had 5 or 6 packs of Disney pins (they were in the Disney package just like the Duffy pack I had gotten at Disney) - I tried to get princess ones because I knew he would trade them and not keep them. I was just on eBay looking for the packages (5 or 6 packs being sold together) and I don't see any. I looked up a few of the ones listed in Green on the first page but they all seem to be doing individual pins and not groups of pins. My DS has no idea what a scrapper is but I don't want to support anyone who is doing something they aren't suppose to. However, since I am not an expert and he just does this for fun and what he likes will the CM's still trade pins if they are scrappers? Can someone tell me someone who is currently on eBay that has groups of pins I can purchase for my son to trade? More girly ones so he will trade them and not keep them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Since you probably will get scrapers back I see no issue. But to answer your question directly they will give you no problem in trading wether it's a scrapper or nit.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: