Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2013, 04:20 PM   #1
Tinkerboy00
DIS Veteran

Everything Disney Doll Related

We need a post for those that collect the dolls and plushies. As an adult collector I spend years wanting them but feeling silly for wanting them. I finally just broke down and decided to start collecting them. I have even found some great older ones (from 90s) online.

So lets see your collections, wishlists, etc. Post everything you know or have ever wanted to know about the dolls here. Rumors, new releases, ebay finds, etc.

Here is the start of my collection:

I have a vintage Belle and a vintage Mary Poppins coming this week though.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:22 PM   #2
Tinkerboy00
DIS Veteran

Some Plushies mixed in with Funko Pop and Vinylmations.

And some Wreck It Ralph dolls/figures

Register to remove

Old 07-17-2013, 07:31 AM   #3
LostBoy89
Five Years and Counting...

Here are some of the highlights in my collection...

LostBoy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 10:29 AM   #4
Tinkerboy00
DIS Veteran

OMG Lostboy

Your collection is amazing. How/where do you store them. I only have a few and Im already running out of room. I just added some more to my collection lately.

Also do you prefer to keep them in the box? Im debating whether to debox some of them or not. I guess I would keep any LE ones in the box just to be safe, some of the basics Im thinking I should debox.

Here is a great picture of the new LE Ariel from DS FB page. Hoping to get her. She is available for presale starting July 29th.

Old 07-20-2013, 02:46 PM   #5
Axlcat
We're simply meant to be

I agree, LostBoy's collection is amazing. It makes me aware of just how late to the party I am. All I have in the limited edition and designer dolls are the 6 villains and 2 princesses (Mulan and Snow White). I was lucky enough to find out about the villains as they were being sold at the Disney Store Online, but will have to rely on Ebay for the rest.

Display is a big problem for me too due to limited space. I've been a collector most of my life so that has something to do with it.

I didn't buy any doll on the day of its release. Does the sale for Ariel start at midnight? And also I understand there will be an even more limited edition of Ursula issued this year as well. Any news on her release?
Old 07-20-2013, 09:38 PM   #6
Tinkerboy00
DIS Veteran

Im also late to the doll collecting. I always wanted to but never really did. I decided to go ahead and just started but my collection is growing.

I also collect Vinylmations, Funko Pops (mostly Disney), and Monster High and Pullip dolls
Old 07-20-2013, 10:30 PM   #7
Axlcat
We're simply meant to be

I love your vinylmation collection, Tinkerboy. I almost considered collecting them as well, but I already collect the Andrew Bell Android vinyls, and I just don't have the room. So for now, I'm forcing myself to stick to the LE dolls.

Your earlier question about boxing vs. unboxing is a good one. I had always heard that keeping them in the box makes them more valuable over time, but it also means you can't see them as well, and displaying them is more difficult. It's hard to decide what to do.
Old 07-21-2013, 03:54 PM   #8
Tinkerboy00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axlcat View Post
I love your vinylmation collection, Tinkerboy. I almost considered collecting them as well, but I already collect the Andrew Bell Android vinyls, and I just don't have the room. So for now, I'm forcing myself to stick to the LE dolls.

Your earlier question about boxing vs. unboxing is a good one. I had always heard that keeping them in the box makes them more valuable over time, but it also means you can't see them as well, and displaying them is more difficult. It's hard to decide what to do.
yeah, the boxes take up twice as much room as just the dolls. I bought some older dolls off of ebay but they are not boxed. The ones I have boxed or the basic dolls that are in the store now, so Im thinking of just opening those, although 10-20 years from now they could be worth more.

Im not really looking to be a serious collector who has them to sell and make money off of. They just make me happy to collect and have.

but if I ever decided to get rid of them, it would be nice to get more for them being in the box. Such a tough decision.
Old 07-26-2013, 05:55 PM   #9
Tinkerboy00
DIS Veteran

What do you think of the Designer Couples? I don't like them as much as the artwork I saw earlier, but I cant wait to see them in person. Although they are really pricey for what they look like.

Pics from Stitch Kingdom
Old 07-26-2013, 07:12 PM   #10
Axlcat
We're simply meant to be

Oh no, more to collect?

Not sure about these, since I still need so many of the designer Princess dolls. I'm psyching myself out now just to get Ariel next week. Do you know the price for them and when they will be released? Hopefully it's staggered if I do decide I can't live without them.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:44 AM   #11
Tinkerboy00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axlcat View Post
Oh no, more to collect?

Not sure about these, since I still need so many of the designer Princess dolls. I'm psyching myself out now just to get Ariel next week. Do you know the price for them and when they will be released? Hopefully it's staggered if I do decide I can't live without them.
I read on another site that they were $130 per couple
Old 07-28-2013, 04:21 PM   #12
Axlcat
We're simply meant to be

Tomorrow is the big day for pre-ordering Ariel, which I plan to do online. I have been assuming she would be available at 12:01 AM Pacific time, but then I just saw this response from a Disney Store rep on Facebook to a question about when Ariel would show up on the site:

Great question, Jen! Our website is updated with new merchandise after 12 AM CST. Have a magical day!

That doesn't make a lot of sense to me since for the West Coast it will still be July 28. I'm not really finding a definite time for this anywhere, but based on that comment, my time zone is central so I better be ready at midnight. Of course, maybe I'm expecting a much bigger demand than there will actually be. I've read what a fiasco the online sale of the Designer Princess dolls was, but then the villain dolls took quite a while to sell out (probably due to a much higher edition size). As far as these 17" LE dolls, I was surprised to see the Merida and Queen Elinor set still available. Does anyone have past online experience with these particular dolls to know for sure when they go on sale and how quickly they sell out?
Old 07-29-2013, 03:03 PM   #13
Tinkerboy00
DIS Veteran

I forgot about today being the day. Luckily I woke up and was reading FB and one of my friends ordered it. So I rushed online and preordered her.

My friends saw it in the store and said she is so much prettier in person. They ship Oct 1st I think. Seems so far away.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:25 PM   #14
Axlcat
We're simply meant to be

She came up for order about 10 minutes late. I wasn't sure what page to be on so I settled on the "Little Mermaid" one, and when the page was updated she wasn't on top, but instead was near the bottom. And the site was slow due to the heavy traffic. That was nerve-wracking! But I have my e-mail confirmation, so I'm happy.

They seem to be hinting there will be both an Eric and Ursula doll released in the future, probably October 1. I guess this is a separate Eric in addition to the one being released with the couples. Not sure I have the money or the space for all the Princes too.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:41 AM   #15
Tinkerboy00
DIS Veteran

Yeah, Im curious about the new Ursula and Eric doll. I missed that when I ordered but someone else mentioned it on another site Im on.

Ive been eyeing a designer Ursula on Ebay, but Im not completely in love with her because she is so skinny. I hope this new one looks more like her character.

I may pass on the Designer couples just because I cant spend the money right now.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: