Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-07-2013, 07:40 PM   #1
SC Disney Fan
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 24

Fantasy Rainforest

Does anyone have any information about booking the Rainforest? We are sailing Easter week and it is a full ship. We are not traveling with children so really want to book the Rainforest for all week.

Here is my email to Disney and their reply. Thanks in advance for helping me figure out what to do.


Yesterday I called to reserve a week for the Rainforest on our upcoming
Fantasy cruise. This was the 3rd time I've called regarding this. The
first time I was told I could do a week, but didn't have my credit card
# handy, next time I called I was told to wait until I was onboard, after
reading on the DIS board and Cruise Critic that there was confusion
about if the weeklong package sold out or not I decided to call back. While
the Cast member I reached was very polite she didn't know much about the
Rainforest either. She ended up booking my husband and me 7 individual
days. My concern is if that will give me the same perks (Priority use
and body scrubs) as purchasing it as a week package. There seems to be a
lot of confusion on the part of Disney as to what exactly the process
is. Can it be purchased in advance as a week package? Are there a
limited number of slots? We know our sailing is sold out therefore
wanted to book in advance so as not to miss out. I would appreciate it
if someone would look into this and get back to me. Thank you!!!!

Disney's response -

Dear Ann,

Thank you for your email.

I sincerely regret the disappointment you have expressed.

Tropical Rainforest:

Experience the benefits of steam, heat and water therapy combined with
the power of aromatherapy to relax the mind. Excellent before or after a
body massage or water treatment. Multi-day passes may be purchased once
onboard.

If you would like to cancel the Rainforest dates you have reservered and
book the multi day passes onboard, please contact us at 407-566-7000 or
800-939-2784, Monday - Friday 8:00am to 10:00pm or Saturday - Sunday
9:00am - 8:00pm (ET). Our Cruise Vacation Agents will be happy to assist
you.

Ann, I hope this information has been helpful. If you require further
assistance in planning your visit, please feel free to contact us.

We look forward to sailing again with you and Alan!

Have a Magical Day!

Kaylee
Email Communications Agent
Disney Cruise Line
SC Disney Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:05 PM   #2
neg58
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,664

It has always been posted here on DIS that the cruise-long passes are only available for purchase on board. The only thing available in advance are the one day passes, and those do not include the scrubs (the scrubs are fairly new to the cruise-long or single day on board pass; I was one of the first to report they were part of my week-long package, and that was on the Wonder at Christmas, and raised the price of the week long package by $45 for five $9 containers). Some recently on the Fantasy said the day pass went to $27 for 1 day plus including a $9 scrub.

So the email is correct. You can buy individual days from the gift page before boarding or buy the length of cruise pass on line. If your length of cruise pass doesn't include scrubs, you can buy them for $9 each. The pre-purchased one day pass does not include a scrub.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-07-2013, 08:14 PM   #3
kshark1958
Mouseketeer
 
kshark1958's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 313

Just got back from Fantasy and did the Rain Forest. Didn't even have the option to say no to scrubs. 27 dollars was the price. Next time we purchase pre cruise for 16, I didn't even use the scrubs. Would be nice if they mentioned on the gift page about higher price on ship.
__________________
Kevin & Lorraine



1998 WDW Fort Widerness
2008 WDW All Star Music Resort
2009 WDW Animal Kingdom Villas
2009 Vero Beach
2011 WDW Bay Lake Tower
2013 WDW Saratoga Springs Resort
2013 DCL Fantasy First Cruise Ever
2014 WDW BCV
kshark1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:17 PM   #4
SC Disney Fan
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by neg58
It has always been posted here on DIS that the cruise-long passes are only available for purchase on board. The only thing available in advance are the one day passes, and those do not include the scrubs (the scrubs are fairly new to the cruise-long or single day on board pass; I was one of the first to report they were part of my week-long package, and that was on the Wonder at Christmas, and raised the price of the week long package by $45 for five $9 containers). Some recently on the Fantasy said the day pass went to $27 for 1 day plus including a $9 scrub.

So the email is correct. You can buy individual days from the gift page before boarding or buy the length of cruise pass on line. If your length of cruise pass doesn't include scrubs, you can buy them for $9 each. The pre-purchased one day pass does not include a scrub.

Nancy
My question is Do they limit the number of week long passes? Is there any possibility it will sell out? That is what you nor Disney has answered. I'm not as concerned about the scrubs as I am about it selling out if that is a possibility.
SC Disney Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:20 PM   #5
SC Disney Fan
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshark1958
Just got back from Fantasy and did the Rain Forest. Didn't even have the option to say no to scrubs. 27 dollars was the price. Next time we purchase pre cruise for 16, I didn't even use the scrubs. Would be nice if they mentioned on the gift page about higher price on ship.
Other than the scrubs is there any difference in buying the day passes or buying the length of cruise.
SC Disney Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:28 PM   #6
kshark1958
Mouseketeer
 
kshark1958's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 313

We only purchased a pass for one day. You do get a slight discount for a week long pass that you purchase on board.I did read from another post that someone bought enough single day passes for all week for 16 a day.Saving him money because once on board it was 27 so because of big price difference he still saved more then the discount from buying a full week pass on board.
__________________
Kevin & Lorraine



1998 WDW Fort Widerness
2008 WDW All Star Music Resort
2009 WDW Animal Kingdom Villas
2009 Vero Beach
2011 WDW Bay Lake Tower
2013 WDW Saratoga Springs Resort
2013 DCL Fantasy First Cruise Ever
2014 WDW BCV
kshark1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:32 PM   #7
neg58
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,664

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Disney Fan View Post
My question is Do they limit the number of week long passes? Is there any possibility it will sell out? That is what you nor Disney has answered. I'm not as concerned about the scrubs as I am about it selling out if that is a possibility.
The spa is privately run, so I don't think anyone at Disney could know the answer to that. The sales pitch on EVERY cruise is that they CAN sell out -so get your cruise long pass NOW! I've not heard that they ever have, only that they haven't always sold day passes (rare). Do I think they will sell out before you can get there at 1 pm on the first day? No, I don't think so, but honestly if they did, I'm not sure I'd want a cruise long pass at that point because it would be so crowded.

I bought my pass on the Wonder at Christmas with a sold out cruise. I bought it on the first night, so about 7 hours after the spa opened. I do not think they 'sold out', although there were times the rainforest was crowded. I was not able to use the pass everyday as on a few port days I just didn't have time.

If I were you, I'd keep the individual passes. You only save a few dollars by getting the week pass, and you'll have an argument that you prepaid and they need to honor your purchase.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:44 PM   #8
SC Disney Fan
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by neg58

The spa is privately run, so I don't think anyone at Disney could know the answer to that. The sales pitch on EVERY cruise is that they CAN sell out -so get your cruise long pass NOW! I've not heard that they ever have, only that they haven't always sold day passes (rare). Do I think they will sell out before you can get there at 1 pm on the first day? No, I don't think so, but honestly if they did, I'm not sure I'd want a cruise long pass at that point because it would be so crowded.

I bought my pass on the Wonder at Christmas with a sold out cruise. I bought it on the first night, so about 7 hours after the spa opened. I do not think they 'sold out', although there were times the rainforest was crowded. I was not able to use the pass everyday as on a few port days I just didn't have time.

If I were you, I'd keep the individual passes. You only save a few dollars by getting the week pass, and you'll have an argument that you prepaid and they need to honor your purchase.

Nancy
Thank you so much. I'm going to take your advice and keep the day passes.
SC Disney Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:51 PM   #9
Mtinkerbell5189
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 177

To those of you who just got off the fantasy, did the week long passes including couples passes HAVE to include scrubs?
Mtinkerbell5189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:04 PM   #10
robhawk
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hudson Massachusetts
Posts: 1,080

Just got off the Fantasy 2 weeks ago. We had the couples pass. They said the scrubs are now included. You could get free refills. Price went from 149$ to 193$
__________________
robhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:05 PM   #11
Mtinkerbell5189
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 177

Thank you. That will make my decision to buy them before cruising. Now the question is - how many daily passes to buy

Thanks again!
Mtinkerbell5189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:20 PM   #12
neg58
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,664

Quote:
Originally Posted by robhawk View Post
Just got off the Fantasy 2 weeks ago. We had the couples pass. They said the scrubs are now included. You could get free refills. Price went from 149$ to 193$
So did they just give you 2 and then you could get it refilled every day? I got 5 jars of scrubs for a 7 day pass, but no refills. I usually use 1/2 the jar each trip, so brought 3 home with me.

I liked the Rainforest, but I didn't like anything else about the spa (sales pitch, the people were snobby, the robes with no pockets), and now all these games they are playing are making me mad. The question is will I take the moral high ground and not go, or be weak and pay anything to have an hour on those stone heated loungers?

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:32 PM   #13
robhawk
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hudson Massachusetts
Posts: 1,080

Quote:
Originally Posted by neg58 View Post
So did they just give you 2 and then you could get it refilled every day? I got 5 jars of scrubs for a 7 day pass, but no refills. I usually use 1/2 the jar each trip, so brought 3 home with me.

I liked the Rainforest, but I didn't like anything else about the spa (sales pitch, the people were snobby, the robes with no pockets), and now all these games they are playing are making me mad. The question is will I take the moral high ground and not go, or be weak and pay anything to have an hour on those stone heated loungers?

Nancy
We received 2 jars when we signed up on embarkation day. We refilled them twice during the week.
The pocketless robes bugged me too! Haha!
Emma on the Fantasy was so nice. Seemed very genuine. A couple of the others not so much!
__________________
robhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:55 PM   #14
lucyem
DIS Veteran
 
lucyem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,989

Quote:
Originally Posted by robhawk View Post
We received 2 jars when we signed up on embarkation day. We refilled them twice during the week.
The pocketless robes bugged me too! Haha!
Emma on the Fantasy was so nice. Seemed very genuine. A couple of the others not so much!
So no chance of having any extra to bring home except for those two jars? Hmmmm, maybe bring a tupperware container or two and get my moneys worth out of the scrubs

Really if the day pass is $16 ahead of time then that sounds like the way to go. Buy a few days worth.

Can i just say how frustrating it is with planning and having this stuff seem to change week to week as to how much and what they allow and when etc.
__________________
lucyem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:38 PM   #15
tinkerone
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,370

could anyone post a pic of the scrub? how big is it? was it a scented scrub?
tinkerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.