Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2013, 04:02 PM   #91
coaches24
DIS Veteran

Im a little late to the party here and I only read the OP so dont know what else was said but heres my take.

I have a 4 yo and we went in Jan with our stroller. And the stroller was very very useful for us to have. IMO it made things MUCH easier. Now I only have one child so having 2 or 3 or more can absolutely make a difference whether you want to take a stroller or not but for us it was great.

DD spent a lot more time walking on her own this trip but she always was in the stroller almost full time by dinner time. And we stayed off site so she fell asleep in the stroller on the way back to the hotel as well so all we had to do was lift her out of the stroller and lay her in bed when we got back.

It also kept me from having to wear a backpack which is A ok with me. depending on when our next trip is we will certainly entertain not bringing a stroller next time but on this last trip I was very glad we decided to use it.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:25 PM   #92
larina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGDisneyFam View Post
... To the gentleman whose wife carries their children all over the parks without using a stroller yes maybe your wife is fit but your kids are just as lazy as mine if they need to be carried and not strolled. Maybe you're inconveniencing me by walking slower when carrying kids? Who knows ...who cares. You need to do what is best for your own family and only you know what that is ...
larina is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2013, 08:48 PM   #93
ImarriedGrumpy
AKA Miss lady who isn't my mommy
artsfan married booksandcats!
Loves Target so much she has a planned "path" she follows

I've used (and needed) a stroller with DS on all of our previous trips, but for our April trip we've decided not to bring one. We're playing it by ear, ready to rent one if we need it in the afternoon or evening, but there are a number of reasons we're going to start our day without it.

1.) DS is 5 now, and hasn't used a stroller in over a year.

2.) We walk 1.5 miles each day walking to and from school; sometimes more if we walk around to run errands. (We live downtown in a large urban area and either walk or take public transit most of the time.)

3.) Aside from all the walking we do, DS is a very active kid. He's got a lot of energy, and when he's distracted, he'll happily run around for hours before he realizes he's tired and needs a break.

4.) Like a PP said, we plan our day with breaks in mind - stopping to see Aladdin, for example, or sitting down for a snack break.

5.) It's just DS and DH and I. No older kids to keep up with during the day.

6.) Our stroller got really banged up both times we gate-checked it, so no way I will ever bring it on an airplane again. If we need one, we'll rent it.

With all that being said, our way isn't best for every kid. My son is used to walking a lot and used to standing to wait for buses and trains. Not every kid does that. He's also a high energy kid (before he could walk, he was already saying "go, Go, GO!" ), and he likes holding my hand while we walk places.

I don't judge anyone for their choices - you know your child and your family better than I do. If you need a stroller, go for it! I'll miss having the extra storage space for our bags...but maybe this time I'll pack lighter!

Delighted to be married to a Grumpy! Me DH DS (6) Beatrice Rosalind Alton
ImarriedGrumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:04 AM   #94
JoRo
Mouseketeer

Our DS 4 and DD 6 will still use the stroller in April of this year. Although we will only have one night with late hours the kids like to have breaks. We don't mind parking the stroller and doing an area. Our DS will cat nap if he wants. As long as they want to shove themselves into our city mini well loved double stroller its better for us them having whine because they are tired. They are to big to carry and I broke my ankle in nov so no way I can carry them at all. Worst case we leave in hotel and make different choices next trip. Good luck.

Oct '14 GCV DD8 bday, 9 year anniversary and halloween party
April 2015 VGC Spring Break
July Disney Cruise and WDW
Nov first thanksgiving Aluani
Dec 2015 DL :
HMM where to go 2016
JoRo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: