Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2013, 01:00 PM   #1
disneyfreak202
Mouseketeer

What are the crowds like?

I'm heading to the park tomorrow around 1 and was wondering what the crowds are like today? I know I'm crazy as an AP to even try and survive a Spring Break crowd but I want to get the park as much as possible before summer since my AP will be blocked out. Anyways are there a lot of people? Is it not that bad?
disneyfreak202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:47 PM   #2
Pinup Mommy
Making everyday a Dapper Day!!

I was planning on taking my daughter after school, as most parents do with APs.

I use an app for my smartphone , MouseWait and it looks like it is already somewhat busy for a Monday. Space Mountain is showing 50 min wait right now, Splash 60 min, Indie is 40 min

Tuesday and Wednesday are traditionally slower though it is hard to say these days.

DL local since 1980 ~ WDW 1986 ~ WDW 2000 Disney Contempary ~ WDW 2005 Disney Polynesian ~ AP holder since 2009 ~ DL's MNSSHP 2011&2012 ~ DCL Wonder 2012 Halloween Cruise

Pinup Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2013, 09:02 PM   #3
disneyfreak202
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinup Mommy
I was planning on taking my daughter after school, as most parents do with APs.

I use an app for my smartphone , MouseWait and it looks like it is already somewhat busy for a Monday. Space Mountain is showing 50 min wait right now, Splash 60 min, Indie is 40 min

Tuesday and Wednesday are traditionally slower though it is hard to say these days.
Thanks, yeah I have AP but have only been once since last April (let my AP expire when prices went up and went on a Sunday a few weeks ago) let me just say I miss off season before cars land. I looked earlier on mousewait but sometimes wait times and crowds don't reflect accurately. I'm scared about going tomorrow since fantasy faire opens.

Oh well ill just deal(: I can always go back(:
disneyfreak202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:13 PM   #4
faith313
Mouseketeer

My family has AP's too and we usually go at least once a month. The crowds are always there, regardless of month lol. Get there first thing in the morning and/or stay til the park closes to get the most out of your day. Have fun!!
(We'll be there Thursday and Friday )
Old 03-11-2013, 09:20 PM   #5
Pinup Mommy
Making everyday a Dapper Day!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfreak202

Thanks, yeah I have AP but have only been once since last April (let my AP expire when prices went up and went on a Sunday a few weeks ago) let me just say I miss off season before cars land. I looked earlier on mousewait but sometimes wait times and crowds don't reflect accurately. I'm scared about going tomorrow since fantasy faire opens.

Oh well ill just deal(: I can always go back(:
I completely agree with you, it is a catch 22. The crowds were so manageable before all the much needed revamps to DCA.

You would figure with all the price hikes it wouldn't be so crowded, the only reason we have passes is because it was our Christmas gift, nothing else under the tree.

I have gone when I thought it would be slow, but SURPRISE, everyone else showed up too. I usually track It's a Small World, if it is more than a 20 minute wait the park is busy. It is not a science, but that's the method I use.

Good Luck! Maybe with everyone being at Fantasy Faire everything else will be empty :-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

DL local since 1980 ~ WDW 1986 ~ WDW 2000 Disney Contempary ~ WDW 2005 Disney Polynesian ~ AP holder since 2009 ~ DL's MNSSHP 2011&2012 ~ DCL Wonder 2012 Halloween Cruise

Pinup Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:06 PM   #6
lb2000
Mouseketeer

I was at the parks Sunday and today. Today was pretty crowded. We went to the AP early entry Sunday at DL at 7 a.m. And it was awesome! The park was so empty and we covered a lot of ground by 10:00. Today, there was no early entry at DL and we were there for rope drop at 9. The first hour was OK, but it was crowded by 10:00. Lines got long and stayed long which we expected. We left around 2:30 and it was quite busy everywhere.

Even though it was crowded, it was fun, and the best thing was we were able to go into the Fantasy Fair today and do the princess meet and greet with no line. They were letting people in to preview.

If you can get there as early as possible, it's great, those super early days, like our 7 a.m. Sunday are the best. Very few people can get there for the 7:00 opening.
lb2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: