Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2013, 08:59 AM   #16
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Your plan sounds awesome!
Old 07-02-2013, 11:32 AM   #17
snuggly duckling
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel484 View Post
Thank you...I did! It was a very successful morning.

I'm debating on trying to book the dessert party too...so I'm right there with you on waiting for that to open up! Congrats on getting your CP reservation (twice!)!
Yay! Glad you got what you wanted!

While the waiting drives me crazy, I know that I will be just as bonkers even after the Dessert Party opens because then I won't have anything left to plan and will just have to wait until the trip actually happens. Darned if you do, darned if you don't, I guess!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Your plan sounds awesome!
Thanks! I can't believe I've gotten everything I have. I thought there was no chance. Things like this never work out for me. SO of course I am just waiting for some shoe to drop... flight gets cancelled. Vacation gets denied. Something has got to go wrong, right? Ack!
snuggly duckling is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2013, 10:46 AM   #18
snuggly duckling
Mouseketeer

Not really an update... but can I just say waaaaaaaaaaaaaaahooooooooooooo to the more-solidified rumors of free dining!

Based on what I've seen, our dates are included (even though we'll be there Christmas week, we're checking in before FD ends.) And it looks like POFQ is included in the promo. I know that doesn't guarantee we can stay at POFQ because of the limited number of rooms they make available for promos, but there's hope! Regardless, we will gladly switch resorts for FD.

We are doing the DxDDP so it won't be totally free as we will need to pay the difference to upgrade. But with all the ADRs we have booked, we will absolutely get our money's worth!

Yaaaaaaaaaaay!
Old 08-01-2013, 01:56 PM   #19
snuggly duckling
Mouseketeer

Christmas in Jul, er, August!

Wow. This has been a crazy unproductive week for me at work because I have been completely and totally distracted by the prospect of free dining.

I worked from home on Monday, in anticipation of the Disney Visa release of the offer. But that never materialized. At least I didn’t have to drive into the office that day.

Of course I spent much of Tuesday and Wednesday stalking FD threads for any info. I was disappointed when the rumors came out that POFQ would be excluded. But that did give me something to distract from the waiting… plotting back-ups.

We settled on any room at POR, any room at CSR, and then any room at CBR as our back-ups in that order. We love POFQ, were ok with POR, were a little overwhelmed by the size of CSR, and concerned about the double beds at CBR.

I was so stoked last night when the offer went live on the website. Even though I couldn’t modify our reservation until calling in the morning, I stayed up past 1 this morning playing with all the options to get a good feel for the availability. The only rooms available at POR seemed to be the Royal Rooms. We stayed in a RR last trip and while it was nice, I don’t think it was worth the extra money (would be $500 for this coming trip.) Even though we love POFQ and would prefer that or POR, the idea of saving $$$ suddenly made CSR so much more appealing. Before going to bed, we decided the strategy would be ask about any non-royal rooms at POR but if those were confirmed unavailable, then try CSR.

We got up and out the door in record time this morning. I was pulling into the parking garage at my office right at 7, so I dialed WDW and walked in while on the phone. I got through on the first try, though I heard the “technical difficulties” message that many heard this morning. It did switch right over to hold music after that so I hung on, even though I was worried I was on hold to nowhere. I just rocked out to the Disney music in an empty office.

After about 23 minutes on hold, I got through to a friendly but clueless CM.

First she told me that my dates didn’t qualify for FD. I pushed her, because I know they are.

Then she told me that only the 12/19-12/22 dates would qualify for FD and I had to educate her that the entire stay would be covered since my check-in was covered. Thanks DIS!

Then she told me she couldn’t locate my reservation in the system (I was looking at it on MDE so I know it was there.) So she put me on hold for a few minutes…

Then she told me the system crashed and I should call back in an hour or two. I didn’t quite believe her because I was keeping tabs on various threads and tons of people were posting success stories real time. I just got the impression that she couldn’t figure it out and wanted to just get rid of me. I felt like a jerk, but I asked for a supervisor. I didn’t want to have to get back in the phone queue with 2,000 other people.

She put me on hold for another 20 minutes, only checking in on me once. I thought she hung up on me or just transferred me to the janitor’s closet or something because I had the audacity to ask for a supervisor (FD paranoia at its best!) But I didn’t want to hang up just in case.

The whole time I was obsessively checking availability at POR and CSR online. Rooms were still open, but I was so worried that they’d get snapped up before I even got to someone helpful. I briefly debated booking a 2nd reservation online and then cancelling my original one, but I would lose the $150 I paid for trip insurance.

I finally did get connected to a lovely supervisor who was able to locate my reservation. Her system was slow but working. She confirmed that only RR were available at POR but standard rooms were available at CSR so I jumped on that. We then upgraded the free DDP to DxDDP.

In total, I spent 75 minutes on the phone, and saved $1,685.44. Merry Christmas to me!!
Old 08-03-2013, 04:39 PM   #20
vbeaudry
Earning My Ears

Joining in.
vbeaudry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:55 PM   #21
snuggly duckling
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbeaudry View Post
Joining in.
Welcome!!
Old 08-05-2013, 01:26 AM   #22
Lei
Mouseketeer

Whoops! Double post!
Lei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:28 AM   #23
Lei
Mouseketeer

Wow! Merry Xmas to you, indeed! LOL. Congrats on saving so much!

I'm not planning to do TS, and so I don't bother with ADRs, but getting them is such a thrilling sport, isn't it? Your choices look great, btw
Lei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:50 AM   #24
snuggly duckling
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lei View Post
Wow! Merry Xmas to you, indeed! LOL. Congrats on saving so much!

I'm not planning to do TS, and so I don't bother with ADRs, but getting them is such a thrilling sport, isn't it? Your choices look great, btw
Thank you!

I do love the thrill of the ADR hunt. I'm now in that weird pre-trip lull... Vacation is booked, ADRs and touring plans are done, free dining is here... Only waiting on two small things (CP narrator to be announced and Wishes dessert party to open for ADRs.)

It's probably too early to start packing
Old 08-05-2013, 09:38 PM   #25
snuggly duckling
Mouseketeer

Killing time

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuggly duckling View Post
I have 2 (ideally 3) tasks left for trip-planning:
  1. Book a Candlelight Processional package
  2. Book Wishes Dessert Party
  3. Add Visa or General Public FD offer to package (wishful thinking!!)
2 out of 3 checked off, though I am dying to know who our CP narrator will be on Christmas Day. Just need to keep stalking the Dessert Party thread!

To pass the time, I am going to master this photo-posting thing

Here's my favorite pic from our January 2013 trip:

Old 08-16-2013, 10:55 PM   #26
LB1122
Life's full of tough choices...Disney is not one of them

Thank you. Your trip report changed my whole vacation.

I was reading your report the other day and saw your post about how if you check in on the day your whole trip is covered...WHAT???

I went to DH who is a new TA and asked if this was something his boss had told him about. He said yes, but we did not qualify on our check in. I said, look again it is till the 22nd....SO... we tried to change. We were in a Royal Guest Room thinking daughter would love it, but there were no more with the free dining. We had some choices to make. We made big changes and are now at Wilderness, which was my hubby's first choice but we went with what we thought daughter would want...she wants bunk beds. What was already exciting is now a major dream come true thing.

THANKS FOR YOUR POSTING. Your whole trip looks like fun. Looks like we have plans at opposite parks the whole time, but are so waiting for the narrator as we go Christmas Eve to Processional.

Looking forward to more.

Planning our next trip...Before she becomes an adult in Disney's eyes!!
LB1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:00 PM   #27
mchelle77
DIS Veteran

Saw your post in the "Wishes" thread and wanted to pop in .... lots in common - going in December, driving from the Northeast (NH here) and honeymooned in WDW, obsessed with the planning

Has the narrator been chosen yet for Xmas? I completely lucked out and had booked 12/3 before NPH signed on (LOVE him!)

I'm waiting on the dessert party for December as well. My husband doesn't know I'm booking it - when we decided to go, we scaled back his 40th birthday "surprise" party (he knew he was having it, just no details) and made it to a smaller, family party at his parents' house, so the money I had stashed for a nice cake I'm using for that ... now the dessert party will be a substitute for the cake he would have had.

First trip - 03/97 (1 week)
Second trip - 02/00 (1 week)
Third trip (Honeymoon!) - 06/03 (2 weeks)
Fourth trip - 11/01/09 (10 days, DD's 1st trip there)
Next Trip - 11/30/13 (1 week - Surprise for our daughter!)
DISNEY CRUISE just booked April 2015!
mchelle77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:19 PM   #28
snuggly duckling
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB1122 View Post
Thank you. Your trip report changed my whole vacation.

I was reading your report the other day and saw your post about how if you check in on the day your whole trip is covered...WHAT???

I went to DH who is a new TA and asked if this was something his boss had told him about. He said yes, but we did not qualify on our check in. I said, look again it is till the 22nd....SO... we tried to change. We were in a Royal Guest Room thinking daughter would love it, but there were no more with the free dining. We had some choices to make. We made big changes and are now at Wilderness, which was my hubby's first choice but we went with what we thought daughter would want...she wants bunk beds. What was already exciting is now a major dream come true thing.

THANKS FOR YOUR POSTING. Your whole trip looks like fun. Looks like we have plans at opposite parks the whole time, but are so waiting for the narrator as we go Christmas Eve to Processional.

Looking forward to more.
Aww. I'm so glad I helped. I feel like I've gained so much from these boards. It feels good to give back

FW looks awesome. I've been stalking it and trying to think of ways that I could justify the extra cost over CSR. So far nothing but I'm happy to try out CSR. Maybe another time!!
Old 08-28-2013, 09:34 PM   #29
snuggly duckling
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchelle77 View Post
Saw your post in the "Wishes" thread and wanted to pop in .... lots in common - going in December, driving from the Northeast (NH here) and honeymooned in WDW, obsessed with the planning

Has the narrator been chosen yet for Xmas? I completely lucked out and had booked 12/3 before NPH signed on (LOVE him!)

I'm waiting on the dessert party for December as well. My husband doesn't know I'm booking it - when we decided to go, we scaled back his 40th birthday "surprise" party (he knew he was having it, just no details) and made it to a smaller, family party at his parents' house, so the money I had stashed for a nice cake I'm using for that ... now the dessert party will be a substitute for the cake he would have had.
Welcome!

I can't imagine the drive from NH! We lived near Boston (south shore) before moving down here to Philly. Driving from there to Virginia to visit family was painful and that's not even halfway to Orlando! I'm so glad we were eventually able to score cheap flights. We would have driven if necessary but flying is so much easier (well, at least usually!)

I bet the dessert party will be an awesome surprise. Too bad my husband already knows about it. Wishes is his favorite WDW thing so that would have been an awesome Christmas gift.

I haven't seen anything about the CP narrator for Christmas Day, no rumors even. I don't really care who it is, I just want to know!!
Old 08-29-2013, 05:50 PM   #30
mchelle77
DIS Veteran

We always drive so it's not a big deal to us anymore ... my husband refuses to fly (I never have, but may be convinced if he would be willing)

You inspired me today ... I said to my husband "How important is having Thanksgiving with your family?" and pointed out that our daughter has Wed-Fri off as well (and I have Thurs and Fri off) and he shocked the poop out of me by saying "Not that much ... " So now we may leave 2 days earlier!

First trip - 03/97 (1 week)
Second trip - 02/00 (1 week)
Third trip (Honeymoon!) - 06/03 (2 weeks)
Fourth trip - 11/01/09 (10 days, DD's 1st trip there)
Next Trip - 11/30/13 (1 week - Surprise for our daughter!)
DISNEY CRUISE just booked April 2015!
mchelle77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: