Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2013, 08:15 PM   #1
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

NO, don't let the cat.......

.....out of the bag!!! Shhh.....no one say a word....This is our secret trip and it will be a secret doggoneit!!! We are working so hard to not have ANYONE spoil the secret this time for our boys.

Our last trip was supposed to be a secret but we caved in and told them about 60 days out. However, this time, I'm not caving in. I just hope that no one who knows slips up and says anything.

So who are we? Where are we going? Where are we staying? Great questions!

Me - During the day, I . At night, I of Disney even when I'm not sleeping.

DH - He loves Disney almost as much as I do but he doesn't really plan anything at all. He just lets me plan it all for him.

DS11 - He loves Disney and is fascinated by it all. He really just lets go and has a great time while we are there.

DS7 - My silly one - He is a knight in shining armor one minute and an elephant the next minute. He has an awesome imagination. He thinks that Princess Aurora is just waiting for him to grow up. After all, she did ask him to be her prince.

Join us as we return "home" for the holidays for our first time ever!! I can't wait to see the look on their faces when they figure out that we really are going to see the Christmas lights this year.

Up next - Where are we staying? What are our dates? Our plans? Any big surprises?
Old 10-21-2013, 08:16 PM   #2
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Saving this spot for the table of contents that I never actually keep up with....

Trying really hard to keep up with a Table of Contents here.....

Where are we staying?

Day 1

Day 2

Last edited by BridgetR3; 10-28-2013 at 07:33 PM.
BridgetR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2013, 09:20 PM   #3
Deesknee
When we were kids (long time ago) they did this with cows.

I am here!

Vow renewal trip report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...0#post46760210

Triplets + singleton = living happily ever after in Mass
Deesknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:03 PM   #4
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

I'm here too! I love to read about surprise trips.
ZehnJahren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:37 AM   #5
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deesknee View Post
I am here!
Thanks for joining us again!! Update later tonight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZehnJahren View Post
I'm here too! I love to read about surprise trips.
I hope it stays a surprise. A few of our family members know about it so I'm hoping they don't slip as we get closer!

29 DAYS!!!!

Have a great day ladies!! I'll be back tonight!
Old 10-22-2013, 08:35 AM   #6
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

This sounds like a fun trip! I hope that nobody ruins the surprise!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR*November 2014 - AKL Kidani Village for E's First Trip!

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:12 PM   #7
dismom9761
DIS Veteran

Checking in
dismom9761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:21 PM   #8
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
This sounds like a fun trip! I hope that nobody ruins the surprise!
I also hope no one ruins the surprise. I'm just so ready to be there!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismom9761 View Post
Checking in
Thanks for hanging out!
Old 10-22-2013, 08:29 PM   #9
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

So we have figured out the who....now to figure out the when and where.

Way back when last fall, when my poor DH missed LOADS of family time working right around 31 days of straight 12+ hour days, we decided that this year would be the year of the annual pass. We also decided that our June trip would be my dream trip (Beach Club Villas!) and the fall trip would be his dream trip.

At the time, he really wanted Animal Kingdom Lodge. I think after seeing all of the different resorts he would rather Wilderness Lodge but back then, we had no clue so....

Our dates are November 21 - 29/30 with stays at AKL- Jambo and some nights at a DTD hotel.

A few pics of our hotel....

Oh that gorgeous lobby....I LOVE LOVE LOVE the ceiling and chandeliers in the lobby.

29 days from today I'll be leaving to head to WDW!!!
Old 10-23-2013, 07:36 AM   #10
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

As of 4:17 a.m., my magic bands have shipped which means I'm one day closer to my trip.

I'm not really fond of the MB's and don't really want to have to use them as we used a LOT more than 3 FP's on any given day but I'm trying not to panic over the fact that we may not be able to use the other fastpasses AT ALL during our trip since they are beginning to phase it out for resort guests. How crazy that Disney is going to let off site guests use more fastpasses than those who pay more to stay on Disney property. It makes me especially since this is first time we have gone during a really busy week.

There are some days that we have neither FP+ or FP- (maybe because we stayed too long at Disney and ran out of days). I'm hoping this doesn't mess us up as well.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:44 AM   #11
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgetR3 View Post
As of 4:17 a.m., my magic bands have shipped which means I'm one day closer to my trip.

I'm not really fond of the MB's and don't really want to have to use them as we used a LOT more than 3 FP's on any given day but I'm trying not to panic over the fact that we may not be able to use the other fastpasses AT ALL during our trip since they are beginning to phase it out for resort guests. How crazy that Disney is going to let off site guests use more fastpasses than those who pay more to stay on Disney property. It makes me especially since this is first time we have gone during a really busy week.

There are some days that we have neither FP+ or FP- (maybe because we stayed too long at Disney and ran out of days). I'm hoping this doesn't mess us up as well.
Yay! Magic bands on the way!

There have been reports that FP are gone EARLY in the day, much earlier than before. And I have a feeling that most of the people getting those FP are resort Guests who are at the parks early, not offsiters who would probably tend to be a little later. I've read many, many reports of people getting one FP in the morning and other FP being out everywhere in the park by the time their time to ride came up! Especially at HS and Epcot, seems like the only place this ISN'T happening is MK. So they may get one FP, possibly 2 if they get the first one really early, but you get 3.

I hope it works out well for you guys. I think it's going to be even more important now to be in the parks either at opening or in the late evening to get lower lines for rides.
ZehnJahren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:06 PM   #12
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Well my magic bands are here as is a snail mail request to help Disney test them out. The bands are oddly creased in my opinion. It's just a weird bend right next to the Mickey head. I'll have to try to flatten it some.

Can you guys imagine if I had not known about the magic bands and these plain old gray ones showed up at my house with the paperwork that says I can customize them and choose my color? Those poor people who don't research online for their trips will probably be upset with Disney not sending out the letters earlier. I'm thankful that I knew about them!!
Old 10-26-2013, 11:16 AM   #13
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Last night DH and I were discussing how far we thought the boys would get before they realized where we were going. He thinks that as soon as we leave Louisiana they will figure it out. I think we will make it much further even maybe to the gates before they truly realize....or at least until the billboards become about Disney. So it's a bet and I can't wait to see who wins. C'mon now vacation! We are ready!!

Our first day at the parks will be the MVMCP! I am so excited about this. This was actually the very first thing I booked (even before hotel) because we really wanted to see the special parade and fireworks. This is also why we are taking the boys out of school early for our trip.

So we have to check in at our resort - hello AKL and pray with that we still get KTTW cards since the second part of our trip is offsite. (I tried to make it all at the same place but there was no availability.) Also I would switch now but back in May I got a good deal on a DTD hotel and had to book non-refundable to keep that good deal.

Then after checking in and the boys freaking out about being at Disney for Christmas decorations, we will go to Magic Kingdom for .....

Disclaimer: Since I have no pictures of my own I borrowed this really cool picture off the internet from disneydose.com

Ahhhh that looks amazing!! I can't wait to be there in 25 days!!

I have some FP+ reservations for this day but I really have no idea what to choose at MK honestly because we ride everything but the mountains. We weren't interested in the mountains (except Splash if it's warm) for this trip but I usually use quite a few other FPs for most of the other rides. What do you choose if you want to ride everything? We shall see how this new only 3 FP a day system is going when we go down there. It worked fine for me in every park except MK for choosing. Luckily I have 2 days that I chose MK FPs on so I was able to reserve 6 of our favorites.

Well we have a really busy weekend this weekend. I'm supposed to be getting ready to take the whole family (our 4 and the grandparents) to an LSU game. Go Tigers! (I don't honestly care much for football but I endure because they LOVE their football around here.) So I better go get ready! THANKS for reading along!
Old 10-26-2013, 03:24 PM   #14
Deesknee
When we were kids (long time ago) they did this with cows.

HOLD ON!! (i need a little motorcon guy putting his screeching brakes on), with magic bands you only get 3 FP per day?? I thought it was you were allowed 3 as a FP+ option, but could still get FP once there in the park. (within allowable time frames of FP+'s). WHAT then is the advantage of getting the MB with FP+?
I don't like the sound of this!

Now about receiving Mickey Mail (magic bands or anything else for that matter), So exciting, I love going to the mail box & finding mickey mail.

I say they suspect you are going to disney early, but depending on how you play it, they could believe you were going else where. My lying little brain would be like.... "what do you think we are rich? we just got back from Disney. geesh" That is not saying no, but it is leading them to believe they are not going to Disney.

I am a little upset. We didn't see the little water fall at AKV. Is that at Jambo?

I'm so happy you all are going to see Disney in it's wonderful Christmas decor!
I hope you have fun at the football game. I was never a fan of football, until one of my sons started playing in the younger league. Then I learned the game & now I sincerely enjoy it.

Vow renewal trip report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...0#post46760210

Triplets + singleton = living happily ever after in Mass
Deesknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 04:30 PM   #15
LB1122
Life's full of tough choices...Disney is not one of them

Looks like a fun fun surprise trip. What a great way to celebrate and get pumped up for the Holiday season

I have also heard that paper FastPasses are basically all taken up very early in the day so I do not think people who are off property are really getting that many - some are not getting 3. Last week I heard all fastpasses for Test track were gone by 9-10 AM so??? You get those passes in order before going so maybe it will be awesome.

Looking forward to seeing more
LB1122 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: