Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2013, 08:59 PM   #16
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Glad you had a great time. The Poly is an awesome resort and it's hard to beat the location. We've never stayed at the CR, but I think that would be a good split with AKL. Keep in mind that as the pp said, AKL will work if 5 includes 1 under the age of 3; otherwise, AKL wouldn't be an option in a regular room. I don't know if the GF interests you at all, but that's a beautiful resort and is just 1 monorail stop away from MK. The rooms at the Poly and CR are the largest of the deluxe resorts, but the rooms at the GF are pretty comparable. Good luck deciding on a resort (or resorts) and have fun planning for your 2014 trip .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:07 PM   #17
chloelovesdisney
DIS Veteran

I'm not a fan of the split stay, I prefer to unpack and stay put. I'd stay at a monorail resort, and go to AKL after AK to check it out and have dinner. Then ride the bus back to MK and either walk to CR or hop on the monorail to get to the Poly.

chloelovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2013, 05:46 AM   #18
princessap
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone. Someone on here told me that if I started deluxe I wouldnt go down to moderate, anyone agree with that?? Would love the LM room for my ariel loving daughter but the room would feel cramped I think.
There will be five of us but our baby will be under 3 next year when we go.
DH said 18 months again at dinner but I know I can convince him to go in February again. I loved going that time of year, crowds were really low and weather was perfect.
My girls cried when we left and said it was their favourite place!

I think my oldest summed it up perfectly when watching wishes she said "when you are at disney anything can happen!"

I am leaning towards poly again to really enjoy it and maybe an epcot resort....which one do people recommend? kids will be almost 2, 5, 6

Dh doesnt want to stay at akl so maybe just dinner there one night.
princessap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:54 AM   #19
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
Thanks everyone. Someone on here told me that if I started deluxe I wouldnt go down to moderate, anyone agree with that?? Would love the LM room for my ariel loving daughter but the room would feel cramped I think.
DH said 18 months again at dinner but I know I can convince him to go in February again. I loved going that time of year, crowds were really low and weather was perfect.

I think my oldest summed it up perfectly when watching wishes she said "when you are at disney anything can happen!"

I am leaning towards poly again to really enjoy it and maybe an epcot resort....which one do people recommend? kids will be almost 2, 5, 6

Not everyone feels they need to stay deluxe once they try it, but we are in that category. Our first onsite stay was at CBR and we had a great trip and loved the resort, but the following year we tried a deluxe and haven't stayed anything but deluxe since. We love the extra amenities the deluxes offer, the larger rooms, the alternate transportation options, etc. AKL is a beautiful resort, but if your DH doesn't want to stay there, I think a Poly split with an Epcot resort is a good idea, especially if your park time will be split among all of the parks. We've only stayed at the BC, but have visited the YC and BWI many times over the years and I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. The BC seems to be a little louder and more hectic than the other two (to me), but I think that's due in large part to Cape May being right inside the BC lobby. But the other two are just as "kid friendly" as the BC and I think you would be happy at any of them. Good luck and happy planning .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:34 AM   #20
michelleiada
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap
Thanks everyone. Someone on here told me that if I started deluxe I wouldnt go down to moderate, anyoneth the Epcot resort Arab agree with that?? Would love the LM room for my ariel loving daughter but the room would feel WDW cramped I think.

We were instantly hooked the first time we stayed on property too! I would never even consider staying off site again. We fell in love with the Epcot resort area and are now DVC members with our home resort being Beach Club...our favorite! We have two trips planned this year and are treating family members to stays in a two bedroom villa. I simply can't get enough of WDW! It's a total addiction!

2012 BECAME DVC MEMBER AT BCV!

michelleiada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:31 PM   #21
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleiada View Post
We were instantly hooked the first time we stayed on property too! I would never even consider staying off site again. We fell in love with the Epcot resort area and are now DVC members with our home resort being Beach Club...our favorite! We have two trips planned this year and are treating family members to stays in a two bedroom villa. I simply can't get enough of WDW! It's a total addiction!
I am thinking beach club/poly split maybe.....would beach club be good for kids ages 2,5,6??

I agree it is an addiction. we got home wed and my dh called me thursday to see if i was planning our next trip already? lol. He would rather go other places but he loves seeing our kids reactions to disney and with their ages right now nothing else will top disney!
Old 03-08-2013, 06:45 PM   #22
iheartpeterpan
Still A Kid At Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post

I don't really feel that way. I like all the resorts I have stayed in for a variety of reasons. I've stayed Deluxe at both GF (CL!) and WL, and have also subsequently stayed at CSR and the Fort. I will be going back in 2 weeks to stay at POFQ. I can definitely stay anywhere at Disney, but always know what I'm getting when I go!
1972 Fort Wilderness, 1976 Fort Wilderness, 1978 Disneyland California, 1985 "College Girls" Offsite, 1991 Honeymoon Trip Offsite, 1996 Coronado Springs, 2000 Coronado Springs, 2004 Magic Kingdom Offsite, 2006 Disneyland Paris Offsite, 2008 Wilderness Lodge, 2009 Grand Floridian, 2010 Coronado Springs, 2010 Offsite Soccer Tournament at ESPN WWS, 2011 Wilderness Lodge, 2011 POP Soccer Tournament at ESPN WWS, 2012 Offsite, 2012 Fort Wilderness, 2012 Offsite Soccer Tournament at ESPN WWS, 2013 Band Trip POFQ, 2013 Offsite soccer Tournament at ESPN WWS, 2014 Yacht Club
iheartpeterpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:17 PM   #23
raven69david
I am a Superuser. Got a problem with that?!

Most people just don't get it until they do it. Most of us here have seen the light and will never go back to offsite. Welcome to the light.
1997-2003: Off-site, 2004: DD born ; missed this year, 2005: SoG for MVMCP, 2006: AKLSV for Magical Beginnings, 2007: ASMo/AKLSV for MVMCP, 2008: CSR for Surprise Trip in August, 2008: AKLSV/CR/POP for MVMCP, December 2008May 2009: Pop/AKLSV, August 2009: POFQ/WL-CL, December 2009: AKLSV for MVMCP Too many since then to list and WAYYY tttoooooooo many more to go.............
raven69david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:20 AM   #24
princessap
DIS Veteran

I have always wanted to stay onsite and it was everything I wanted it to be and more. Something magical about seeing the castle at the poly!

My DH who says we aren't going every year is coming around too which is awesome! I stay home with my girls and we need to save for these trips, if I was working I would love to go twice a year!

Having said that we love onsite now, I truthfully think we loved the poly for the conveniences of it and think with three kids 5 and under we will be monorail resort people/ deluxe resort people for a while. It was so easy using the monorail and if I had to pack my kids up to get them on a bus after the parks I don't see the advantage of onsite and would probably stay at bonnet creek. When they are older though I want to try POR.

I am officially hooked! Now only if I could win the lottery! Lol
Old 03-09-2013, 12:02 PM   #25
MinnesotaMouseketeers
DIS Veteran

We stayed on-site, had a deal we couldn't pass staying off-site and have never done that again. No matter what the cost savings by staying off-site.

Why we love staying at Disney resorts:

Theming, the Cast Members, the beautiful gardens and fountains, resort restaurants and shopping, walking around the resorts and hearing the birds and no traffic noises outside your room, only the sound of the resorts carts, no road construction to drive around getting to WDW, no rush hour traffic congestion getting to WDW, love WDW transportation (no parking hassles), packages delivered to your room, the ease of getting back to the resort mid-afternnon rest, relaxation, swim, than getting back to the parks again and more.
Disneyland 1975, Off site/Big Red Boat 1987, Port Orleans/Wonder 1999, Off site 2000, Poly/Wonder 2004, CBR/Eastern Magic 2007, WL 2009, GF/Wonder Panama Canal 2011, POR 2012, AKL/Dream 2013, All Star Music/Fantasy Eastern 2014, Off-site 2015, Numerous ports of call to other countries
More fun stops: CA-LA, San Diego, San Fran. & wine country, NM-twice (all over), AZ-twice including Grand Canyon, CO-all over, SD-Black Hills & Badlands, MI-UP, Isle Royale & Mount Pleasent, TX-S. Padre Island twice and San Antonio, WI-All over including Apostale Islands, IA-Quad City area, WY-Devils Tower, AK-Kantishna Roadhouse at Denali NP, Anchorage, Seward, MT-Glacier NP, Ireland 2012, BWCA six trips - 2013 last one
MinnesotaMouseketeers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:15 AM   #26
princessap
DIS Veteran

I agree with all the reasons you listed. it was so easy staying onsite and being immersed in the magic was great. I loved the poly because it was disney but not in your face disney.

I wish i could go back for Christmas!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: