Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2013, 12:23 PM   #1
Mac4life30
DIS Veteran

Question Can a resort kick you out for loitering?

If someone arrives the night before they are scheduled to check in. Say they ended up on an earlier flight or the most economical flight arrived the night before.
Can that person still use ME even though their reservation technically wont start till the next day? Would it matter if they took the ME after midnight?
Can that person store their luggage with bell service till the next morning?
Can that person "hangout" at the hotel lobby till the next morning. At which point they can simply go to a park.
Mac4life30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:29 PM   #2
mmmears
DIS Veteran

If you there all night? I don't know.

I've shown up at 5 or 6am (took a red-eye the first time to WDW). They held our bags, told us they would call us when the room was ready (not until much later that day), and let us sit in the lobby (we left as soon as the parks opened). But that was just for an hour or two.

If we are getting in at night, even really late, we always book a room. But for a 5am arrival when the parks open in just a couple of hours we didn't book a room. Don't think I'll ever do that again, though -- it was exhausting.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *

Last edited by mmmears; 03-07-2013 at 12:03 PM.
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2013, 12:44 PM   #3
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

I bet they legally could.

Seems so much more pleasant to book a room for the evening you get in so you can go straight to a room. We did that on our recent trip. Our flight landed at 12:14am, we got to the resort by DME well after 1am, and we had a nice cozy room, waiting for us. It feels expensive on the day you're "missing", but when you wake up in a *bed* and you don't have to go anywhere else, that's when it feels totally worth it.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:22 PM   #4
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac4life30 View Post
If someone arrives the night before they are scheduled to check in. Say they ended up on an earlier flight or the most economical flight arrived the night before.
Can that person still use ME even though their reservation technically wont start till the next day? Would it matter if they took the ME after midnight?
Can that person "hangout" at the hotel lobby till the next morning. At which point they can simply go to a park.
Not sure about ME. You can definitely store your luggage with bell services if you arrive the day before your reservation. Even people who aren't guests of the hotel can use bell services for that.

As for whether than can kick you out of the lobby, they probably could but I doubt they would. If you store your belongings with bell services and let the front desk know you've arrived earlier than anticipated and intend to wait until 6am when their computers roll over to check in, they will probably leave you be. However, I don't think they would want you to be sprawled across couches sleeping or anything like that. If you're sitting at a table in the lounge or on the couch waiting, using a laptop, etc, you'd probably be fine. We loitered for about three hours waiting for our room to be ready. We wandered the resort, sat in the lounge, etc. This was in the afternoon, but there's not much difference.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:27 PM   #5
akl-fan
DIS Veteran

I do not think Disney would stop you doing as you have suggested however you will be exhausted. Why not stay at the airport hotel and get ME first thing in the morning. That way you will be rested ready for a day in the parks.
akl-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:33 PM   #6
WMorganS
Flapping My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac4life30
Everything you're suggesting should be fine. Just don't try to sleep in the lobby. FYI, the lobby will be almost deserted before 7am, so bring a book or something. It'll be really boring.

As for ME, call as soon as you your new flight info. I'm sure they'd get you sorted out if you arrive ahead of time, but you could waste a lot of time or have to wait for the office to open if you try to figure it all out at the counter in the middle of the night, instead of calling ahead.
WMorganS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:34 PM   #7
WMorganS
Flapping My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by akl-fan
I do not think Disney would stop you doing as you have suggested however you will be exhausted. Why not stay at the airport hotel and get ME first thing in the morning. That way you will be rested ready for a day in the parks.
Oh yeah. This is a much better idea.
WMorganS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:43 PM   #8
Mac4life30
DIS Veteran

Thanks i will let my coworker know
Mac4life30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:07 PM   #9
outahere

Quote:
Originally Posted by akl-fan View Post
Why not stay at the airport hotel and get ME first thing in the morning. That way you will be rested ready for a day in the parks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMorganS View Post
Oh yeah. This is a much better idea.
I completely agree. The Hyatt in the airport can be a little pricey, but there are several less expensive hotels just north of the airport, all with free shuttles to/from the airport. I would pick one of those (we've stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn a couple times), spend the night then head back to the airport in the morning to get on ME to your WDW resort. Much more relaxing way to start a vacation.

Disney Magic - April, 2004 / EB Panama Canal crossing - August, 2005 / Thanksgiving, 2006 / April, 2009 / February, 2011 / March, 2014
Disney Wonder - September, 2002 / April, 2007 / April, 2008 / Thanksgiving, 2009 / April, 2010
Disney Dream - April, 2011 / August, 2012 / February, 2014
Polynesian CL - August, 2004 / April, 2010 / August, 2010 / October, 2013
Yacht Club CL - August, 2011 / April, 2012 / August, 2012 / August, 2013 / April, 2014 / June, 2014
Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf CL - February, 2013
Wilderness Lodge CL - December, 2013
OKW - February, 2012 / June, 2013
VWL - August, 2006
WDW - offsite, more times than I can count since 1978
S/S Norway - 1984, 1985, 1991
Norwegian Pearl - Alaska - August, 2007
outahere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:09 PM   #10
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac4life30 View Post

No, you can't take DME a day early so you will be "hanging" at the airport. Calling won't work. The agent can't put in a day prior to your hotel room reservation.. No go!

DME is not a 24/7 service. They aren't going to hanging around at 1 AM waiting on you unless they have a really late flight. And even then.. you won't have a reservation for the "day" they are still serving. (There are not any MCO arrivals at 1 AM ) SO it's probably going to be the redeye flights that would be your first bet (6 AM)

Yes, if you get there they would probably take your luggage.

Maybe, you can hang out. A hotel does have the right to throw you out in this case. Would Disney? I don't know. I somehow doubt they want the lobby littered with homeless poeple camping LOL! Of course that's also when they clean the lobby so.. it's not always peaceful
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:16 PM   #11
ManyMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
No, you can't take DME a day early so you will be "hanging" at the airport. Calling won't work. The agent can't put in a day prior to your hotel room reservation.. No go!

DME is not a 24/7 service. They aren't going to hanging around at 1 AM waiting on you unless they have a really late flight. And even then.. you won't have a reservation for the "day" they are still serving. (There are not any MCO arrivals at 1 AM ) SO it's probably going to be the redeye flights that would be your first bet (6 AM)
Yes, DME is a 24/7 service.
ManyMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:12 PM   #12
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
DME will pick you up at any time of day. It is 24 hours. They just have hours for the luggage service. If you arrive after 10pm I believe it is, you get your own luggage and bring it with you. But they will pick you up at any time. The question here is whether DME will pick up OP a day earlier than their check in day, which I believe they might.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:20 PM   #13
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Yes, if you get there they would probably take your luggage.

Maybe, you can hang out. A hotel does have the right to throw you out in this case. Would Disney? I don't know. I somehow doubt they want the lobby littered with homeless poeple camping LOL! Of course that's also when they clean the lobby so.. it's not always peaceful
While I wouldn't do what you are suggesting, this is incorrect. I was staying at the BC for a few days when a friend decided to come down to join me on a whim - as in she got on the next plane out of NY, landed at MCO late - after 10pm, picked up her own luggage, proceeded to the ME desk and got on a bus. When she got to the BC, we went over to the front desk, added her to my room and purchased her park tickets. I asked before she came if this was all doable, and they said yes, but didn't take any info until she got there.

momto3gr8boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:28 PM   #14
nhmommy
Mouseketeer

If getting "kicked" out of the hotel lobby is a concern and adding another hotel cost even a low price airport is not an option. I don't think the airport can make you leave so she could possibly hang out at the airport for 1/2 the time then take the ME and spend the rest at the hotel.
nhmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:09 PM   #15
Hasil72
DIS Veteran

We were in a situation last December where it was more cost effective to fly in the night before our reservation at BWV. We booked a room only reservation for the night at Pop, took ME then had bell services transfer our luggage the next day while we were at the parks.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: