Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2014, 05:23 PM   #1
SunDevilFanAZ
Earning My Ears

Kennedy Space Center after the ship

WE have our flights booked home for late in the day after we leave the ship. While the nonstop will be nice we now have several extra hours to kill.

My question is related to out luggage and going to Kennedy Space Center.

1. Can we still send out luggage to the airport to meet out plane even though we won't be going to the airport for several hours?

2. I was planning on taking the Disney bus back to the airport from the ship. However if we go to Kennedy can I cancel the ship to the airport leg of the Disney bus?

3. Anyone have experience renting a car for the few hours and doing a one way trip with it to the airport from the Port?

Thanks in advance.
SunDevilFanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 05:34 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevilFanAZ View Post
WE have our flights booked home for late in the day after we leave the ship. While the nonstop will be nice we now have several extra hours to kill.

1. Can we still send out luggage to the airport to meet out plane even though we won't be going to the airport for several hours?

2. I was planning on taking the Disney bus back to the airport from the ship. However if we go to Kennedy can I cancel the ship to the airport leg of the Disney bus?

3. Anyone have experience renting a car for the few hours and doing a one way trip with it to the airport from the Port?

Thanks in advance.
If you cancel the DCL transportation from ship to MCO, they won't be taking your bags. You'll have to manage them yourself.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2014, 05:51 PM   #3
disneyfaninaz
It takes faith, trust & pixie dust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevilFanAZ View Post

No, there are certain times that your flight has to be within.

Yes, you can cancel the port to mco leg.

Yes, we did it twice. Once going to KSC. It was very easy. We just left the car with our luggage in the parking lot and spent about 5 hours touring KSC before we had to head back and drop off the car at the airport and catch our flight. We used Hertz.

Thanks in advance.
disneyfaninaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 05:57 PM   #4
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

disneyfaninaz said:
No, there are certain times that your flight has to be within.

Actually, the requirement is only "no earlier than 11:30 am". I don't know that there's a "no later than". Of course, you can't use it if your flight is the next day, but as long as you are willing to hang around at the airport, you can have a midnight flight the day of disembarkment, AFAIK.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: