Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2013, 06:36 AM   #1
jfranklyn
DIS Veteran

Let's talk about coffee......

I have been to Disney MANY times, and never once had a cup of coffee, lol! I don't drink coffee at all. But this trip I will have my sister with me, who is a disney newbie and LOVES, LOVES, LOVES her coffee.

We are staying at the Beach Club for 6 days in April.

How are the coffee pots in the rooms?
How is the coffee at the food court? Is there decaf and regular available?
Where's the best cup of coffee to be had in the parks?

Thanks for the help!!!
Old 03-07-2013, 06:53 AM   #2
JLVermillion
Food & Wine Festival 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfranklyn View Post
I have been to Disney MANY times, and never once had a cup of coffee, lol! I don't drink coffee at all. But this trip I will have my sister with me, who is a disney newbie and LOVES, LOVES, LOVES her coffee.

Thanks for the help!!!
Hello Our home resort is BCV and we will be there again in May. We love our coffee in the am also,but the coffee pots are retched . I thought may it was the coffee they provide/you can purchase. Nope. So I brought my own along this last Nov trip, still awful. It was like brown semi coffee flavored water. So tried going to the Market Place to buy a cup same flavor ... just had to walk for it . This trip I am buying a French Press ( William Sanoma ,stainless steel version) and taking it with me. I getting this because it will fit right in my carry-on and bring along my own coffee. I like to make the coffee , go back to bed and wake up when it is ready. I do not want to walk down to any one spot and have to get. I am quite a sight first thing in the am when having to any kind of adventure before coffee. Sweat pants , bog sunglasses , flip flops and hair going all over place in a clippy....the really scary rough night look I know this by the looks I get So best advice bring your own coffee essentials and all will be happy
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2013, 06:57 AM   #3
momof3ds
Mouseketeer

My advice is to have her pack some starbucks VIA packets. Then, all she needs is hot water and whatever she likes to add to her coffee.
momof3ds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:31 AM   #4
carolinamama
Mouseketeer

Joffrey's is popping up around the parks. I got son every day, sometimes at the cart before going in the park. It's real coffee!

I never use in room makers due to cleanliness concerns.

15 Trips to WDW since 1981 - Bay Lake Tower (2013), Port Orleans Riverside (2013), Contemporary (2009), Polynesian (2008), Wilderness Lodge (1995 and 2006), Caribbean Beach (1995 and other prior dates), Beach Club (1996), Disney Inn (1986), Disney Villas And now a Disneyland trip as well! Grand Californian (2010)
carolinamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:45 AM   #5
sunsetbeachgal
DIS Veteran

We drive to WDW and bring our own coffee pot, filters/coffee and husband loves those little flavored creamers. The Nescafe, or whatever they serve, is usually scalding hot and not good...I think it is instant, not fresh brewed!

Family Reunion trip at Disney ASMu Nov. 7-13, 2010. It was perfect

March, 2012 Disney getaway at Coronado Springs for the adults only!

October, 2012 went to Disneyland..and I've never seen such crowds anywhere in my life!

June 15-22, 2013. Family trip to WDW at POFQ First WDW Summer trip and it was fantastic!

March, 2014. Universal Studios and cruise on Freedom of the Seas
sunsetbeachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:20 AM   #6
butternut
Earning My Ears

Are the coffee pots in the deluxe resorts(GF,Poly) the single serve cuisinart machines? If so i am sure the coffee they leave in the rooms are still pretty bad as well. Does anyone know if there is some sort of coffee pods out there that can be brought along and use in their machines? Anything has to be better then what i have been reading about. Thanks for any help. We are leaving for the GF next Thursday and coffee is a must in the mornings!
butternut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:26 AM   #7
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

I'm surprised that no one has yet mentioned that the Nescafe coffee that is currently served in the restaurants and provided in the rooms is going away. They announced over a month ago that Joffreys will be taking over as the coffee provider in the parks and resorts. No date announced yet for this.

For the OP- If you will visit before this big changeover occurs, I'd recommend bringing your own mini coffeemaker, filters and coffee. Oh- and bottled water (yes, it makes a HUGE difference to the way the coffee tastes). Once in the parks, you can get pretty good coffee, but you have to look for it. Allears.net has a list of kiosks and restaurants with good coffee.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:36 AM   #8
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfranklyn View Post

Thanks for the help!!!
The Beach Club will have the single serving Cuisinart Coffee maker in the room. There will be two servings of regular coffee and two servings of decaf coffee provided daily. There will also be a couple of bags with sugar, sweetener, powdered creamer, stir sticks and a napkin.

I found that the coffee tasted a little better if you use the filter water from the soft drink dispenser in the Marketplace instead of the tap water.

The coffee in the Marketplace will be both regular and decaffeinated.

Next up: WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:27 PM   #9
Annie78
Mouseketeer

DH and I are picky about coffee and the Joffrey's carts were the most acceptable option while we were there.
Annie78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:00 PM   #10
sunsetbeachgal
DIS Veteran

yahoo...the Nescafe at the resorts will be gone...not soon enough for me!!

Any idea of timing?

Family Reunion trip at Disney ASMu Nov. 7-13, 2010. It was perfect

March, 2012 Disney getaway at Coronado Springs for the adults only!

October, 2012 went to Disneyland..and I've never seen such crowds anywhere in my life!

June 15-22, 2013. Family trip to WDW at POFQ First WDW Summer trip and it was fantastic!

March, 2014. Universal Studios and cruise on Freedom of the Seas
sunsetbeachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:56 PM   #11
luvthemouse71
Cries like a baby at Illuminations..

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof3ds View Post
My advice is to have her pack some starbucks VIA packets. Then, all she needs is hot water and whatever she likes to add to her coffee.
These work well. I hear some people pack their Keurig machines too, but as much as I love coffee, I feel that would be going too far.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:01 PM   #12
bowbat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
The Beach Club will have the single serving Cuisinart Coffee maker in the room. There will be two servings of regular coffee and two servings of decaf coffee provided daily. There will also be a couple of bags with sugar, sweetener, powdered creamer, stir sticks and a napkin.

I found that the coffee tasted a little better if you use the filter water from the soft drink dispenser in the Marketplace instead of the tap water.

The coffee in the Marketplace will be both regular and decaffeinated.
This. Florida tap water tastes and smells wretched. Your only shot at making a decent cup of coffee in your room is to use bottled water.
Wilderness Lodge – 10/2011, 11/2012, 11/2013
Boardwalk Inn – 11/2011, 3/2014
Grand Floridian – 2/2012
Yacht Club – 6/2013
bowbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:27 PM   #13
amberpi
DIS Veteran

The Swan and Dolphin both have good cafes in their lobbies and it might be worth the short little walk over. The espressos are very good.
amberpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:15 PM   #14
disneydee6
DIS Veteran

My vote is for VIA or have stick it out with NEScafe for a week like so many of us coffee addicts do at disney
Old 03-07-2013, 08:04 PM   #15
Annie78
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberpi View Post
The Swan and Dolphin both have good cafes in their lobbies and it might be worth the short little walk over. The espressos are very good.
This is a great idea if you're heading to MK or AK - get coffee at the Dolphin, and then get on the bus there.
If you're heading to Epcot that day, there's a Joffrey's cart fairly close to the International Gateway entrance.
Annie78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: