Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-07-2013, 06:08 AM   #1
PrincessNancy96
My family drove me nuts, and then I got stuck in traffic
Washed my hair and wham, several ideas hit me all at once!
 
PrincessNancy96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: I wanna be in DISNEY!
Posts: 21,774
DISboards Moderator

The Daily Grind ~ 3/7/13

It's Thursday!!
Supposed to have a little warm up today and start melting this sn*w we have... For those in the east coast in the path, I hope it has weakened enough that it doesn't dump much on you.

Prayers and pixie dust to all those in need...

Let's see, today:

up
make lunches x 2
DH up and movin' (he works from home today)
boys up
once over house

DS16 to school for mtg/skl/work
DS12 to school (DH is chauffer this morning!)
nap for 1.5 hours (DH has a conference call so I'm using it to my advantage)

start designing titles in the craft room to cut this weekend (personal and swap needs)
pick up DS12

await DS16 to get home
dinner

call and see what time DD is headed home from college tomorrow.


Have a great day everyone! Enjoy!!
__________________
Nan Mom to: (College Girl) (DS) (DS)


Last edited by PrincessNancy96; 03-07-2013 at 02:57 PM.
PrincessNancy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:39 AM   #2
JJ&JHsmom
DIS Veteran
 
JJ&JHsmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Southeastern MA
Posts: 4,435

Good Morning!

Prayers and pixie dust to all those in need.

We have a mix of snow and rain this morning. It is supposed to go back and forth for the next 24 hours.... Everyone dealing with this weather stay safe.

Today:
work
check to see if meeting for tonight is still on, they will notify us after noontime today
dinner pasta


Hope everyone has a great day!
__________________
Me-Cassey DH DS DD
JJ&JHsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-07-2013, 07:54 AM   #3
wdwmickey
I am the scrapbooking queen and the food porn princess!
 
wdwmickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 6,193

Morning

P & PD for those in need

The musical (Legally Blonde) at the HS was so great last night! The kiddos were awesome! Best show I've seen there

Today's list:
Load pics
Print a few pics to make a page for the display board

Vaccuum and dust upstairs
Dinner--chicken parm

Here are a couple pics from last night:




Have a great day all
__________________
Cheryl me DH DD-college girl DD-college girl

JOY

WDW 12/03; DLR 12/05; WDW 4/07; WDW 12/07; WDW 10/08; WDW 4/10; DLR 8/10; DLR 12/11; DLR 10/12; DLR 5/13; DLR 12/14

Last edited by wdwmickey; 03-07-2013 at 10:56 AM.
wdwmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:04 AM   #4
morgansmom2000
DIS Veteran
 
morgansmom2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Perpetual State of Confusion
Posts: 12,972

Phooey, it's all snow here. Over an inch on the ground already and it's supposed to be a 'long duration' storm and could go into tomorrow night. I hope they don't cancel school early, but we'll see.

Just did my taxes...OMG, they weren't taking enough Federal taxes from my check!! It will turn out that we only owe $50 with the difference in the state return, but really? Really? UGH! Not happy. I'll file on April 16th (we get an extra day in Massachusetts, the 15th is a holiday here), thankyouverymuch!

I think I need another caffeinated beverage.

Hope everyone has a good day!
__________________
(DH) (Me) (DD)
morgansmom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:11 AM   #5
dsneprincess
DIS Veteran
 
dsneprincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Not in Orlando:(
Posts: 999

Happy Thursday!

P&PD to those in need.

Today:
Calls
Toddler gym make up class
More calls
DS quasi-friend over again? I know there is need but I'm tired of him bad mouthing DS & breaking things in my house.
Relax with the tv tonight. I'm exhausted!

Dinner- no idea. I made pot roast last night, which DH & I thought was good. DS told me otherwise, suggested I go on Worst Cooks in America as he was sure I could win the prize. ROTFL.
dsneprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:48 AM   #6
tyniknate
DIS Veteran
 
tyniknate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Land of the Lost
Posts: 2,641

Morning all! No snow here last night, but 4" predicted for tonight. Maybe I'll get lucky and get snowed-in for my birthday tomorrow. Would be terrible to have to miss work

Jennifer - so glad things went well with telling the boss. See - it was all meant to be!

dsneprincess - no way that boy would be coming to my house if he was behaving that way!

Cheryl - Love her dress! Glad the show went well. You must be a proud momma this morning.

Cassey - Stay safe and dry!

Nan - What's a nap?

Work today
Home for bus & homework check
Snack
Help DS fill out Camp Cadet application
Pick up oldest from engineering
Dinner? I think spaghetti
Boys to scouts
Clean up house - getting two extra boys for the weekend
Wrap birthday gifts
Watch Big Bang Theory - is it new?
Finish scarves I've been working on

Crash!
__________________
ME : DH : DS9 DS14 DS18

tyniknate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:13 AM   #7
morgansmom2000
DIS Veteran
 
morgansmom2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Perpetual State of Confusion
Posts: 12,972

Hope you get your birthday off, Danielle! You deserve it Big Bang is new. Looks funny!

Cheryl, she looks so happy. Glad to hear it was a good show.

My sister just called, my mom has called the ambulance to take her to the hospital because her hernia is acting up. I really hope they just keep her and remove it. She was supposed to have surgery in December, but "got sick" and couldn't. It's time...
__________________
(DH) (Me) (DD)
morgansmom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:15 AM   #8
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,568

good morning!

was so tired yesterday, took a nap after I dropped megan off at school, did get most of the laundry done at least

had some excitement last night at dance, megan got kicked in the thumb - left hand which she is a lefty - after 1 1/2 hours at clinic, xrays - she's in a splint for a bad sprain...she was able to get herself ready for school this am wrote note to excuse her from PE today due to pain.

Cheryl - looks like Rachel had fun!
P & PD to those in the path of the storm

today:
finish laundry
finish putting things away
edit my photos
order PP+ photos
p/u megan
dinner - waffles
bed early again tonight
__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH


mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:37 PM   #9
tyniknate
DIS Veteran
 
tyniknate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Land of the Lost
Posts: 2,641

Can I just say that this week stinks! Terrible at work and now I'm about to have a meltdown over our cub scout dinner this weekend.

A couple years ago DH and I took over arrangements and cooking for the dinner (We have one other very reliable family who helps us). Previously the scouts had it catered and not many families showed up, less than 25% of our group. We asked why and everyone said it was because of the cost. So, we decided to take over and do all the cooking and make it as cost effective as possible. That year we had all but one family to the dinner and it has been nearly 100% participation since.

This year one of the newer moms was asking how she could help out and I gave her ONE job to do and I found out today that she didn't do it! We had meeting on Sunday and she said she had it covered. I've called her the last two nights to get a price total and hours for pickup and she hasn't answered her phone. Everyone wonders why we do it all ourselves? Well.....it's just easier! I wouldn't even have known she hadn't placed the order except I called up to find out what time they were open tomorrow for me to come pick up the items and they said they have no orders for tomorrow and it's too late to place an order Now I have to scramble to find replacements. It can never be easy, can it?

I'm doing it for the kids.....I'm doing it for the kids.....I'm doing it for the kids......
__________________
ME : DH : DS9 DS14 DS18

tyniknate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:57 PM   #10
dsneprincess
DIS Veteran
 
dsneprincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Not in Orlando:(
Posts: 999

Oh, this would tick me off to no end. Just own up that you didn't do it so I can do it myself & NOT at the last minute. I bet you are furious! I hope it all works out, sending prayers & pixie dust! I will add: people stink!
dsneprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:05 PM   #11
lovingthemouse
You must believe......and then send cold, hard cash!!! ;)
magic is in the heart of the beholder...
 
lovingthemouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: western MA
Posts: 4,396

Afternoon.... snowing steadily but it is not accumulating at all - the ground is too warm after the past few days. The weather says that tonight and tomorrow morning will see a few inches on the ground.
I understand about doing it yourself - although it is a royal pain sometimes, you know that you always get it done! It is nice to have others you really can depend upon though.
Cheryl - Rachel looks wonderful and happy in these pictures. Glad she had such a great experience!!
Hope everyone's afternoon is good one!
__________________
lovingthemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:55 PM   #12
PrincessNancy96
My family drove me nuts, and then I got stuck in traffic
Washed my hair and wham, several ideas hit me all at once!
 
PrincessNancy96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: I wanna be in DISNEY!
Posts: 21,774
DISboards Moderator

Danielle,
So sorry to hear of all the issues... If she only had to make a call and couldn't follow through on that, she shouldn't have volunteered or told you in the 2 meetings she dropped the ball... what happened to honesty is the best policy???
I think you need the day off tomorrow for sure!!!


Cheryl, Rachel looks gorgeous!!!

Our sn*w is melting thank goodness.. I'm ready for it to be gone!!

Ok, off to finish the rest of my list today...
__________________
Nan Mom to: (College Girl) (DS) (DS)

PrincessNancy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:23 PM   #13
JJ&JHsmom
DIS Veteran
 
JJ&JHsmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Southeastern MA
Posts: 4,435

Danielle, sorry for the issues. Why do people volunteer and then not follow through. Hope you get your birthday off tomorrow!

Cheryl, Rachel looks like she is having the time of her life! Glad to hear it went well last night!

Jennifer, hope all is well with your mom.

We are all snow now and the commute home was yucky! Slushy roads and people driving too fast. On a positive note, my meeting for this evening was cancelled. This storm is supposed to last through the night and into tomorrow, hopefully they will have it all cleaned up by the time I have to leave for work in the morning.
__________________
Me-Cassey DH DS DD
JJ&JHsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:55 PM   #14
Reddy
Scrapbooker
 
Reddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,320

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsneprincess View Post
Dinner- no idea. I made pot roast last night, which DH & I thought was good. DS told me otherwise, suggested I go on Worst Cooks in America as he was sure I could win the prize. ROTFL.
I think your DS needs to cook tonight & let him do better

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
good morning!
had some excitement last night at dance, megan got kicked in the thumb - left hand which she is a lefty - after 1 1/2 hours at clinic, xrays - she's in a splint for a bad sprain...she was able to get herself ready for school this am wrote note to excuse her from PE today due to pain.
I"m glad it wasn't broken & hope the pain goes away soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyniknate View Post
Can I just say that this week stinks! Terrible at work and now I'm about to have a meltdown over our cub scout dinner this weekend.

A couple years ago DH and I took over arrangements and cooking for the dinner (We have one other very reliable family who helps us). Previously the scouts had it catered and not many families showed up, less than 25% of our group. We asked why and everyone said it was because of the cost. So, we decided to take over and do all the cooking and make it as cost effective as possible. That year we had all but one family to the dinner and it has been nearly 100% participation since.

This year one of the newer moms was asking how she could help out and I gave her ONE job to do and I found out today that she didn't do it! We had meeting on Sunday and she said she had it covered. I've called her the last two nights to get a price total and hours for pickup and she hasn't answered her phone. Everyone wonders why we do it all ourselves? Well.....it's just easier! I wouldn't even have known she hadn't placed the order except I called up to find out what time they were open tomorrow for me to come pick up the items and they said they have no orders for tomorrow and it's too late to place an order Now I have to scramble to find replacements. It can never be easy, can it?

I'm doing it for the kids.....I'm doing it for the kids.....I'm doing it for the kids......
I think we all need to live closer together so we can help each other more - I know all of you guys would help if possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgansmom2000 View Post
Hope you get your birthday off, Danielle! You deserve it Big Bang is new. Looks funny!

Cheryl, she looks so happy. Glad to hear it was a good show.

My sister just called, my mom has called the ambulance to take her to the hospital because her hernia is acting up. I really hope they just keep her and remove it. She was supposed to have surgery in December, but "got sick" and couldn't. It's time...
please keep us posted on your Mom - hope she gets better soon
__________________
Reddy DH DS 17 : DS 15
Reddy's Ramblings
Reddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:41 PM   #15
PrincessNancy96
My family drove me nuts, and then I got stuck in traffic
Washed my hair and wham, several ideas hit me all at once!
 
PrincessNancy96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: I wanna be in DISNEY!
Posts: 21,774
DISboards Moderator

Jen ~ how is your mom doing tonight???
__________________
Nan Mom to: (College Girl) (DS) (DS)

PrincessNancy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.