Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2013, 03:38 AM   #1
htrm
Earning My Ears

Question Do dissertation hours count as "classes"

I am thinking of trying to do the college program to get Disney experience before trying for a Disney corporate job. I'm a currently enrolled dissertation stage grad student (dissertation credit hours that show up on transcripts with a course number and title, but I don't show up at a classroom). Does anyone know if dissertation credit hours count as "classes" for the "currently enrolled and taking classes" requirement?

htrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:13 AM   #2
eadavis
Mickey is my Homeboy

Yes they do count. My last semester of Grad school was solely "Thesis hours." However, I'd recommend applying for PI's in addition to the CP. The CP isn't really geared toward those in/completing Grad school, but they will still take you. It's also much easier to go "Corporate" with PI's under your belt rather than CP's.
eadavis is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2013, 03:44 AM   #3
htrm
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the reply! I'm actually hoping to do the CP, then PI, then corporate. However, I'd probably jump on the opportunity to start with a PI to avoid missing out on ever doing one.

Part of the reason I want to do the CP is to gain Disney experience at the entry/below-management level and interacting as close as possible with the guests' experiences. I'm hoping to end up with a job in consumer insights and already have almost a decade of experience (govt. style rather than business style), but the "pay cut" should be worth the knowledge gained.
htrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:41 AM   #4
eadavis
Mickey is my Homeboy

With your experience, and knowing what they do, there really isn't much of a correlation between the CP and Consumer Insights.

The CP is an amazing experience in and of itself, however, there really wont be much to transfer in consumer insights. Think of the roles available, if you have your mind set on going the CP route, I'd recommend applying for Vacation Planning, its very sales/technology focused, its the thing you can get that would be relevant.

If you have the experience, I'd recommend going straight for the PI. If/when you get it, you can then extend and be in that role for a year. If your goal is to stay with Disney, that is a much better route.
eadavis is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: