Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2010, 06:30 AM   #1
donalduck
DIS Veteran

Hot ears

Hi, I have had hot ears my whole life I am 32 now. It has happened to me all of my life. It is getting very bad now. Every day it turns hot red like on fire. Sometimes it's just one ear sometimes both ears. The only thing that I have found that works is putting my whole head under the sink and soaking both of my ears and neck and head with cold water. Sometimes after I put the cold water all over my head I go sit outside with no coat on. It works pretty good in the winter time. This is the only solution I have found to cool them off fast. And sometimes even after I do all that they will start to turn hot red again. I have no idea what causes it. I don't have high blood pressure. Please let me know if there is any other way to stop it.
donalduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 07:06 AM   #2
Mackey Mouse
Me read the Navigator? I don't think so

tsk, tsk said in my best Bahsten accent

Tommy made Flubber

DISboards Moderator

Have you discussed this with a doctor, if not, I would do so.. Maybe do some googling on the subject as well? Other than that, that is all I could think of this morning..

Co-Moderator Restaurant Boards
Moderator, Coping and Compassion Board

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein
Mackey Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-31-2010, 09:51 AM   #3
donalduck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackey Mouse View Post
Have you discussed this with a doctor, if not, I would do so.. Maybe do some googling on the subject as well? Other than that, that is all I could think of this morning..
Yes I have talked to my dr about it. He told me it's nothing. I have googled it also and ALOT of people have the same thing as me and there dr tells them the same thing it's nothing.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:07 AM   #4
quasar4legs
DIS Veteran

Sorry I can't help with any advice but wanted to say that it must be frustrating not being able to get this problem resolved. Is it worth talking to your doctor again and explaining how difficult you are finding this problem?

Old 06-01-2010, 06:14 AM   #5
es45
DIS Veteran

I mentioned your post to someone I know who has a similar problem. Her upper neck (near her ears) gets red at the same time too. Not exclusively Red Ear Syndrome but it sounds similar. She says that her doctors have always considered it a non-issue but she is frustrated by it since she is now experiencing pain too. She has been documenting the triggers (alcohol consumption, stress, migraines) in hopes to get the doctors to pay attention. Perhaps you could do the same and it would help you convince your doctor to pay attention. If not, get a new doctor; perhaps a neurologist.

Good luck. I know it must be frustrating.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:00 PM   #6
donalduck
DIS Veteran

does ur friend still have theses issues.

QUOTE=es45;36834013]I mentioned your post to someone I know who has a similar problem. Her upper neck (near her ears) gets red at the same time too. Not exclusively Red Ear Syndrome but it sounds similar. She says that her doctors have always considered it a non-issue but she is frustrated by it since she is now experiencing pain too. She has been documenting the triggers (alcohol consumption, stress, migraines) in hopes to get the doctors to pay attention. Perhaps you could do the same and it would help you convince your doctor to pay attention. If not, get a new doctor; perhaps a neurologist.

Good luck. I know it must be frustrating.[/QUOTE]

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: