Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2013, 10:07 PM   #1
KEMdisney
DIS Veteran

Question about rooms..

Hi all! Our final payment needs to be paid by April 7th... after the cruise is paid in full, will I then get my room assignment?

With that being said, If I pay BEFORE then, will I get my room assignment on the day I pay in full?

After you are assigned a room, can you change it? My DBFF is NOW telling me that she wants to be mid-ship due to seasickness??!!?? Is this possible?

Also, on your first day.. how do you know WHEN your room is ready? I know it won't be ready when we first board the ship, but how do we know when its available?? Do they give you a specific time, do you have to go to guest services or a 'front desk'?

Thanks in advnace!
All Star Sports '03
Boardwalk Villas '05
Saratoga Springs '07
Saratoga Springs '08
All Star Sports '08
Pop Century '09
Saratoga Springs '09
Disneyland April '11
Boardwalk Villas '11

Upcoming:
Disney Dream (1st cruise!!!) then Animal Kingdom Villas June 2013

KEMdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:13 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEMdisney View Post

Hi all! Our final payment needs to be paid by April 7th... after the cruise is paid in full, will I then get my room assignment?

With that being said, If I pay BEFORE then, will I get my room assignment on the day I pay in full?

After you are assigned a room, can you change it? My DBFF is NOW telling me that she wants to be mid-ship due to seasickness??!!?? Is this possible?

Also, on your first day.. how do you know WHEN your room is ready? I know it won't be ready when we first board the ship, but how do we know when its available?? Do they give you a specific time, do you have to go to guest services or a 'front desk'?

Thanks in advnace!
What kind of room reservation do you have? Typically, when booking a cruise, you select a room during the process of doing so.

When there is a low number of rooms available within a category you can book a guarantee room within a category, for example a 9B GTY, or a 4A GTY. Is that what you have?

There are also last minute restricted fares, IGT, OGT, VGT. Is your reservation one of these?

Regular GTY bookings generally receive their room assignments somewhere in the 30-45 days from cruise window. However, it could be earlier, or not until embarkation day.

The *GT bookings usually get assigned about 2 weeks out from the cruise. But, as with all guarantee reservations, it's possible they won't be assigned until embarkation day.

It may be possible to change a room, but generally, not likely. Especially if you have one of the *GT bookings.

Rooms are available about 1:30 on most cruises. There will be an announcement on the PA system saying when they are ready.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2013, 10:30 PM   #3
KEMdisney
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the quick response!! Our reservation says Category 11B GTY*, so thanks for explaining that!
All Star Sports '03
Boardwalk Villas '05
Saratoga Springs '07
Saratoga Springs '08
All Star Sports '08
Pop Century '09
Saratoga Springs '09
Disneyland April '11
Boardwalk Villas '11

Upcoming:
Disney Dream (1st cruise!!!) then Animal Kingdom Villas June 2013

KEMdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:34 PM   #4
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEMdisney View Post
Thanks for the quick response!! Our reservation says Category 11B GTY*, so thanks for explaining that!
Even if you pay off your cruise before the PIF date it won't mean you get your assignment any quicker. It can be assigned at any time, up until check in at the port but typically before that.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:46 PM   #5
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

When you book a GTY room you are agreeing to any room in that category or higher. DCL will usually not even take a request to move to a different room. You could upgrade or downgrade to a different category if there is a specific room available to book though. The price would be the same as it was the day you booked, not the current rate.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2016 Opening Day Pricing Thread Pt 1: January - April
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: