Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2013, 08:45 PM   #1
tictoc
Mouseketeer

FE Gifts are too big for the extender

I was so inspired by the gift ideas posted on the boards I probably got a little carried away! I ended up making scrapbooks, autograph books, drink holders, key fobs, coasters, cups, photo albums journals, Hidden Mickey cards, shake recipe cards, pirate scrolls plus several bought items! So now they won't fit in the holder. I bought the mesh laundry bags and put each families gifts in the bags. My concern is how should I distribute them? My idea is to hag the bag from the doorknob. Is theft a problem though? Another option might be to strip tie them to the fish. Would they be able to get them off if they do not have scissors? Would the steward cut it off for them?

Tropical Storm Ernesto and I are Going to WDW for my Birthday! September 2006 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1209670

Me DH DS 18 DS 16 DD 11

tictoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:53 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tictoc View Post
I was so inspired by the gift ideas posted on the boards I probably got a little carried away! I ended up making scrapbooks, autograph books, drink holders, key fobs, coasters, cups, photo albums journals, Hidden Mickey cards, shake recipe cards, pirate scrolls plus several bought items! So now they won't fit in the holder. I bought the mesh laundry bags and put each families gifts in the bags. My concern is how should I distribute them? My idea is to hag the bag from the doorknob. Is theft a problem though? Another option might be to strip tie them to the fish. Would they be able to get them off if they do not have scissors? Would the steward cut it off for them?
Whenever we've received a gift that was too large for the FE, it was either hanging on the door handle or propped against the door on the floor.

Yes, there could be a problem with thievery, but if any of our gifts went missing how would we know? I know I've read of magnets, even FEs going missing (a couple of our magnets from our Med cruise disappeared, but as I had wayyyyyy too many anyway, according to DH), I didn't really stress about it.

We tended to return to our room frequently during the cruise, and kept our FE empty to the best of our ability. That's really all anyone can do.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:55 PM   #3
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tictoc View Post
I would split the bag up, give 2 separate gifts away on separate days. If it all has to go into the mesh bag, and it's all already in the bag, can you just hang it on the Fish Extender?
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western
PizzieDuster is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: