Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2013, 09:26 PM   #16
Dznypal
DIS Veteran

from the dream

we were on the Dream when they were filming for Funniest home videos in the adult pool area I have pics (from a slight distance of Tom B.)

they were filming people in the background in the pool it was Feb so it was sort of chilly in the pool area and a guy from the show came around with t shirts from the show and gave me one--one of the guys in the pool yelled how come she gets a shirt and didnt have to freeze!!
it was funny!!!

LAst yr on the Fantasy our head server told us that a football (I think it was football) was sitting kitty cornered from us--it was the last nite of the cruise and they werent in the dining room--still he sat near us at first time in AP and since neither hubby or me for that fact are into football we had no clue

Our server was impressed
Dznypal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:36 PM   #17
dznystar
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPCOTatNight View Post
Who are Ally and AJ?
I don't know who these people were, but there was filming going on during our cruise in Jan. They were constantly in the way.
they're disney teen pop stars
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2013, 09:39 PM   #18
TexasMouseFan
Mouseketeer

This past Christmas we sailed on the Fantasy with Gabby Douglas (the 'Flying Squirrel' from the Olympics). She did a book signing one afternoon. My DD saw her in Edge one evening just hangin out like any other teenager. We saw her on deck several times taking pictures of her family with her family.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:40 PM   #19
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPCOTatNight View Post
Who are Ally and AJ?
It's actually Aly and AJ. They are singers who started when they were teens. DD loved their music and would dance around singing Rush. Did a couple movies -- Cow Belles, and AJ was the flower child daughter in the movie Secretariat. They were very nice whenever we saw them and they made a big deal about DD's t-shirt and signed it for her. I had gotten it a few years earlier as a nightshirt when they had a clothing line out and packed it when I heard they would be doing a concert on the PC repo.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:25 PM   #20
Fielhol
Mouseketeer

I saw New Kids On The Block on a cruise. But it was their cruise and I had to pay to be there so I guess it wasn't that much of a surprise.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:52 AM   #21
justmestace

Thinks California needs Disney cruise ships!
Has snorkeled all over the Bahamas and the Caribbean

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves

It's actually Aly and AJ. They are singers who started when they were teens. DD loved their music and would dance around singing Rush. Did a couple movies -- Cow Belles, and AJ was the flower child daughter in the movie Secretariat. They were very nice whenever we saw them and they made a big deal about DD's t-shirt and signed it for her. I had gotten it a few years earlier as a nightshirt when they had a clothing line out and packed it when I heard they would be doing a concert on the PC repo.
Their behavior at the adult beach wasn't very ladylike....to put it mildly. And I remember the big discussion on here about them both being allowed to BE at the adult beach, drinking...when only one was old enough to be at Serenity Bay, and neither were of legal drinking age.
justmestace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:58 AM   #22
justmestace

Thinks California needs Disney cruise ships!
Has snorkeled all over the Bahamas and the Caribbean

The only "celebrities" I'm impressed with are the ones who don't act like celebrities.
It sounds like NPH just wanted a nice vacation with his family. And unlike some, he probably paid for his own rooms.
justmestace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:20 AM   #23
lucyem
DIS Veteran

We were on a cruise with Elin Nordegren Woods, her mom, & her two children. We were in concierge and managed to run into them a lot. Very low key, really great with the kids. The funny thing was the first night I was facing their table, next one over, for a whole meal and never realized who they were. I am clueless about things like that. All I kept wondering was why this mom & grandma kept letting their kids talk to the creepy guys at the next table over. And what in the world the pair of guys were doing on the ship at all. The next morning I heard someone mention they were on the ship. Duh - bodyguards.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:00 AM   #24
tweis
DIS Veteran

This past June "Murr" from the show Impractical Jokers was on our cruise. He came over to our table during dinner and took some pics with us. Seemed like a really nice guy.The show, BTW, is hilarious.
tweis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:03 AM   #25
bbn1122
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by melglnh2o View Post
So we are back from an awesome sailing on the February 23 Fantasy sailing. We had two famous people on board that I saw; one much more popular than the other...Neil Patrick Harris and Ashley from Hardcore Pawn.

Also when we were on the Wonder in July 2010 we saw David James Elliott from Jag.

Anyone else have any celebrity sitings?
My sister is a flight attendant for United and met his family and him on the plane. She took care of them and sent me a pix of her with NPH. She says they were so nice and kids adorable. She told him that I had been on DCL and loved it.

.....she has met tons of celebrities with her job....her favorite so far was Julie Andrew......She told me she had recognized her right away but did not say anything to her. But when a another flight attendant was not helping her with a bag. My sister, step up and said, "Excuse me, we can find room for Mary Poppins bag." Julie Andrews said, "oh you recognized me and thank you so much for your help." My sister said she was lovely....
AKL - Aug 2011,
HHI - August 2012
OKW - August 2014
Vero Beach - August 2014
Magic - West Carib April 2010, 2 night NYC June 2012
Dream - 3 night - August 2011 3 Night Dream - August 2014
bbn1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:15 AM   #26
over50visits
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So we are back from an awesome sailing on the February 23 Fantasy sailing. We had two famous people on board that I saw; one much more popular than the other...Neil Patrick Harris and Ashley from Hardcore Pawn.

Also when we were on the Wonder in July 2010 we saw David James Elliott from Jag.

My DW. Far more important to me than looking at an actor!
over50visits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:24 AM   #27
melglnh2o
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweis View Post
This past June "Murr" from the show Impractical Jokers was on our cruise. He came over to our table during dinner and took some pics with us. Seemed like a really nice guy.The show, BTW, is hilarious.
That show IS hilarious! My DH thought they all should come on a cruise and go up to random people who are sunbathing out on deck and just start lathering them up with sunscreen.
melglnh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:31 AM   #28
Ana~n~Joseph
I cried like a baby when my 12 month old son met Mickey for the first time

Quote:

I would have died if NPH was on my cruise. I saw his Twitter posts and sounds like he had a great time. I think he's a huge Disney fan. He seems like the nicest guy in the world. Love that he is so down to earth.

[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Dec ‘95 – ASMusic; Dec ‘96 – ASMusic; Dec ‘97 – offsite; Dec ‘98 – ASMusic; Dec ‘99 ASMovies ; Aug ‘02 – ASMusic ; Jan ‘06 – CBR (Honeymoon); Sept ‘06 – Pop; Nov ‘06 – ASMusic; March ‘07 – POR; Sep ‘07 – Pop; Sept '07 - DLP; Feb ‘08 – Pop; Sept ‘08 – CSR; Jan ‘09 – Pop; Jan’ 09 – CR Club; March ‘10 – Boardwalk; Sept ‘10 – CSR; May ‘11 – CR; Sept '11 - AKL; Dec '11 - AKL Club; Dec '11 - Christmas Cruise - Disney Dream; September 2012 - AKL w/ BFF - November 2012 - Pop w/ DS + Mom & Disney Dream; April 2013 Disney Magic - Coming Up: October 2013 - AKL-Kidani - ToT 10 miler; Dec 2013 - Wilderness Lodge; Feb 2014 - Disney Dream & AKL/BWV; Aug 2014 - Disney Magic Med; Sept 2014 - BLT, AKL & Disney Dream w/ BFF; Jan 2015 - Pop Century
Ana~n~Joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:37 AM   #29
moomy-san
DIS Veteran

I too would have loved to see NPH on my cruise!! I just said to my husband yesterday that my comic-con dream line-up would be Nathan Fillion and NPH (for all you fans of Dr. Horrible!!) and Wil Wheaton. But alas... This year it's just Nathan Fillion.
DCL Western Caribbean aboard the Fantasy February 2014

Next up... DCL Eastern aboard the Fantasy with NO KIDS February 2015! And we're GOLD, Baby!
moomy-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:43 AM   #30
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That show IS hilarious! My DH thought they all should come on a cruise and go up to random people who are sunbathing out on deck and just start lathering them up with sunscreen.
That would be so funny. OR could you imagine them going up and taking food off people's plates during the cruise like they did on the show? Too funny.
tweis is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: