Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2013, 06:11 PM   #1
McDonald5
Mouseketeer

Watching fireworks but NOT at the party?

Just wondering, is there anywhere other than the pirate party to see the fireworks? Deck 7 or 8 aft overlook perhaps? Our kids are not night-owls and I'm guessing after a long day at the beach, then playing at the kids club (we're hoping to get Palo reservations that night) that they will be exhausted and probably not up for the whole thing (and I won't exactly be sad about that ). But if it would be possible for us to sneak off to see the fireworks while my sister stays with them, it might be nice. I have no desire to fight with the crowds on the pool decks, though. We are on deck 8 aft starboard. I've heard we can't see them from our verandah, though.

Thanks!

Disney Fantasy - 7 night Western Caribbean Oct-Nov 2013
McDonald5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:21 PM   #2
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

If you go to the deck above the pool, you won't be fighting crowds specially if you move away from mid ship as that's where most folks are.
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:23 PM   #3
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald5 View Post
Just wondering, is there anywhere other than the pirate party to see the fireworks? Deck 7 or 8 aft overlook perhaps? Our kids are not night-owls and I'm guessing after a long day at the beach, then playing at the kids club (we're hoping to get Palo reservations that night) that they will be exhausted and probably not up for the whole thing (and I won't exactly be sad about that ). But if it would be possible for us to sneak off to see the fireworks while my sister stays with them, it might be nice. I have no desire to fight with the crowds on the pool decks, though. We are on deck 8 aft starboard. I've heard we can't see them from our verandah, though.

Thanks!
AFAIK, the fireworks are fired away from the ship toward the midship starboard side and up high. I would't think you could see them from an aft balcony. And, in some verandah rooms, DCL will leave a note requesting you NOT be on the balcony during the fireworks.

On the Magic & Wonder, we prefer deck 10 on the port side midship to view the fireworks.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: